Jetswire: Jets should call Cowboys about trade for DLaw

MojaveJT

Reaction score
If the Jets looking like they’ll suck this year it could be a couple high first round picks. Hmmmmm...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This is interesting coz most fans don't think he deserves a long-term deal as of TODAY but yet you're saying he's worth more than TWO first rounders.

Side note.....They're probably not interested but I'd consider Taco. It appears he's a bit lost in numbers here. Can't break the starting line-up even going into his 3rd year.
Taco was a rookie last season, he is only going into his second season this year

AbeBeta

Reaction score
4 first round picks and a conditional 7th. And that QB they drafted with the misshapen head

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If we do not keep him, what is the point of drafting guys that turn out to be beasts on the d line? You are not going to get an elite level pass rusher for free.... they are pricey. So tats it, we drafted a guy that is NO DOUBT a beast. Hopefully he can stay healthy, and if he does, he is a top d lineman that can dominate the game. So since we have him, we will need to pay him. Its that simple.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
They would have to be. 2 top 15 first round picks and then pay the guy 18 million a season? They would have to be really dumb.

This is what the patriots do it. Once a guy gets really greedy they trade him away for more picks. This is how they stay good for a long time.

The Patriots have stayed good because they have Tom Brady behind center and Billy B. pacing the sideline.

I’m thinking without them the way they churn their roster wouldn’t work quite so well.

As for Lawrence he needs to be re-signed if he performs like he did last year. You keep your homegrown star players.

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
They would have to be. 2 top 15 first round picks and then pay the guy 18 million a season? They would have to be really dumb.

This is what the patriots do it. Once a guy gets really greedy they trade him away for more picks. This is how they stay good for a long time.

Key word is stay. Let’s get there first lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would trade Dlaw to the Jets for 2 first round picks all day, every day.
He's not worth two 1sts and no one is giving that up for a player that has played one full year. But I agree with you, I'd pull the trigger on that immediately. Especially the Jets, they're more than a DE away from contending.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Jets will likely just move Bridgewater to a team that can give up a pass rusher.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
People want Dlaw to prove it another year before paying him handsomely

Those same people will only trade him for "2 1sts and Jamal Adams"

Yall understand that makes no sense, right?

I'm not sure what I'd trade for him. Dont feel hes worth a 1st, but a 2nd isnt enough to accept. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd i'd accept?

Praxit

Reaction score
...sometimes ideas like this do work. Its usually 50/50 as there are many variables involved.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Intriguing, I'll take a 1st and 2nd. In the REMOTE chance Dak isn't the guy, we are set.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Why would you want to trade arguably your best player? You draft and try to build a championship team with these types of players, only to trade them away? It makes absolutely no sense, it only keeps creating another hole to fill that you already filled...:facepalm:
It would make my point that all we do is rebuild around here. We never make a serious run.

erod

Reaction score
For the right price, sure. But that's going to be a helluva price.