Jim McElwain Has a Heart

Plankton

Reaction score
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/flor...-funny/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GAINESVILLE — Jim McElwain and his family didn't have to accept the offer that became a punchline.

At first, they didn't. They rejected a bid well below the $1.8 million they paid for their Gainesville home in 2015, when McElwain was entering his first season as the Gators' coach instead of exiting his final one. The house they no longer needed wasn't even officially on the market.

So here's why the McElwains ultimately agreed to the $400,000 hit — the one that led to digs about taking another loss after a 22-12 run at Florida.

Because the family who made the offer has two disabled kids.

Because the home's ramps, lift and wide hallways were perfect for a wheelchair.

Because the converted garage would make a great first apartment for a 20-year-old with limited mobility.

"Because the McElwains have a good heart," said their real estate agent, Daurine Wehbe. "No one knows that. No one appreciates that."

The Staab family does.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like stories like this because it is the right thing to do. Today, a couple in front of me was buying groceries and they were using food stamps to buy some of the groceries and it took a while to match what checks went with some of the foods. The people behind me were getting impatient and finally went to another line. Good thing because if they would have said something I don't think I could hold my tongue. Any way the cashier had to put about 6 fruit cups aside because they didn't match up with what the Wic check said they could have and they would have to go to another store to get them. They left with their groceries. Altogether, it did take some time to match the Wic checks with the items being bought. I asked the cashier about the fruit cups that she put aside and she explained to me what happen. I had a puzzled look on my face I guess and just told her to put them with my groceries. I mean they are fruit cups for Godsake not candy or alcohol. She made sure what I said and told her yes I will buy them for them. I gave them the items that they had to put aside. They thanked me and went back to pay for my groceries. The cashier said that was a nice thing to do. I told her that it was the right thing to do. It would be an inconvenience for them to go to another store just to get some fruit cups for their kid. If I made someone's life better by doing a very small act of kindness than I have done my job as a human being.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
.... and then they walked out to their 2016 Escalade parked in the handicap spot, lit up a blunt and smoked it all the way back to their crack-house.. and everyone lived Happily Ever After... The End. :D

Oh by the way, good on you and good on Jim McElwain. :clap: