Jimmy G thoughts?

dckid

Reaction score
Is anyone impressed with Jimmy Garapollo? To me all the credit goes to Shanahan.
The man attempted 8 passes. Imagine what f Dak made the SB doing that? He would have been roasted,Handsome Jimmy gets a pass for being mediocre. He is overpaid, he had 4 good games in NE and is the savior in SF. The man is a bus driver so far in his career.
To me the real takeaway is coaching matters more than almost anything in this league.
The Niners literally ran the same play 20 times like the Rams did to us last year in the divisional round.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is anyone impressed with Jimmy Garapollo? To me all the credit goes to Shanahan.
The man attempted 8 passes. Imagine what f Dak made the SB doing that? He would have been roasted,Handsome Jimmy gets a pass for being mediocre. He is overpaid, he had 4 good games in NE and is the savior in SF. The man is a bus driver so far in his career.
To me the real takeaway is coaching matters more than almost anything in this league.
The Niners literally ran the same play 20 times like the Rams did to us last year in the divisional round.
27 TDs and a 102 rating on the year. He is a very good QB

Pape

Reaction score
Jimmy G is a good qb ... he works well within Kyle Shanahans offensive scheme ... he's good enough to win games when needed, doesn't make too many mistakes ... the only question has to be his longevity ... he can be prone to injury

EST_1986

Reaction score
People so obsessed with stats. He’s winning. Leading a winning team. Stats are for the Bucs and Cowboys of the world. The teams not winning.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nope. Shanahan is the same guy who won 5 game last year. I give John Lynch all the credit. He didn't sit back last off season and assume the team would be fine when Jimmy G returned. He went out and signed Kwan Alexander, Dee Ford, Jimmie Ward, and drafted Nick Bosa. Defense is what pulled SF up through the NFC.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jimmy G had 3 games where he threw for over 300 yds this year (2x against Arizona and against NO in that shootout). I remember Dak being skewered when he wasn't throwing for over 300 yds.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The game plan dictated what he did.
They won easily, so yes, the game plan was very good.
It really had nothing to do with the QB's ability to pass.

SF has a very dominant defense and a strong run game.
It's Garoppolo's 1st full year to start after returning from an ACL last year.
Whatever they're doing, it's working.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The game plan dictated what he did.
They won easily, so yes, the game plan was very good.
It really had nothing to do with the QB's ability to pass.

Sure it did. GB had to respect the pass. If its Cooper Rush back there instead of garappolo, GB puts both safeties in the box and SF is running against a 9 man front.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sure it did. GB had to respect the pass. If its Cooper Rush back there instead of garappolo, GB puts both safeties in the box and SF is running against a 9 man front.
True.
The point being that he did not have to pass, not that he wasn't capable of it.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

I think he's very good and the 49ers are doing a great job playing to his abilities while minimizing his weaknesses. They can win the Super Bowl with this guy.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I would guess that the 49ers D has probably kept the score close for greater majority of games. Mahomes and Co. have the ability to get up by double digits quick. I want to see how Garrapolo responds to that.

dckid

Reaction score
I think he's very good and the 49ers are doing a great job playing to his abilities while minimizing his weaknesses. They can win the Super Bowl with this guy.
I am by no means a Dak apologist.. But why don't Cowboys fans think this way about Dak? All this previous off season I was saying don't pay Dak a penny more than Foles. Obviously that wont happen anymore.
Truth of the matter Jimmy G is average, definitely not an elite QB but some how it is ok if he gets top 5 money. It's ok if the team has to minimize he weaknesses.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I am by no means a Dak apologist.. But why don't Cowboys fans think this way about Dak? All this previous off season I was saying don't pay Dak a penny more than Foles. Obviously that wont happen anymore.
Truth of the matter Jimmy G is average, definitely not an elite QB but some how it is ok if he gets top 5 money. It's ok if the team has to minimize he weaknesses.

It absolutely is what they should do. They also need to determine where their line in the sand is, that is, what amount of money is too much. If he can't be signed for the amount that won't handicap the team at needed positions, then he should be allowed to walk, and we take our chances with drafting a QB. The difficult thing is determining this X value.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Oh Dak has had an optimal cast of talent around him for his career and everyone knows it.

Our offense is way better then the 9ers.
Oh - I guess I misunderstood your point, b/c I agree that the Dallas offense is way better.

As it relates to winning, it's Jimmy G.

dckid

Reaction score
Oh Dak has had an optimal cast of talent around him for his career and everyone knows it.

Our offense is way better then the 9ers.
Our coach was was learning the alphabet why Kyle is writing Shakespeare