Twitter: Jimmy Johnson tweet about Romo and Prescott playoff records

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
i agree.
i liked the mccarthy hire but not keeping kmoore from the previous staff.
and in no way am i saying all the fault is on dak...its not.
i love the guy.
but for me to sign off on a 3rd contract...its super bowl or bust.

Im saying it might be best to move on now, for Dak and the team. Dak will be fine in a normal team but when you dont when here after several years I think the pressure builds to much and its time to go...The owner does not help this..again its in no way just dak but together with the rest of the leaders on this team, I dont see changes comming that would make that diference.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well, Amari is not even in the same area code in the dominance dept...

Yeah its crazy saying Cooper is anything close to Playmaker..he is not and really doesnt show up in big games..just like every other leader on this team that has played or coached with JG...Im serious i think they all need to go and get that disease out of here.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Careful you will wake the morons on here who claim Jimmy never won anything without Jerry,

Well, if you are talking about in the NFL, that's technically true. But it's also easy to see who was the mastermind behind those 1990s teams.

Legend

Reaction score
My question is...does anyone really doubt that Romo or Dak would have also been 7-1 with those same teams?

I know everyone is under the delusion around here that qbs are all that you need but this is the ultimate team game...and those teams were LOADED.
Aikman was called the most accurate passer of all-time by several people. He could make all the throws.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Aikman was called the most accurate passer of all-time by several people. He could make all the throws.

Yes and he also had bad games, slow starts and all the other things good QB's have..the diference is his team was literally better than every other team except one and could hold the fort when that happened easily. He lost big games to SF but he also won some so its ok.

Legend

Reaction score
Yes and he also had bad games, slow starts and all the other things good QB's have..the diference is his team was literally better than every other team except one and could hold the fort when that happened easily. He lost big games to SF but he also won some so its ok.
7-0 in first 7 playoff games as a starter with 2 SBs.

What more can you ask for?

The 2007 Cowboys had 13 pro bowlers and were one and done in the playoffs.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Seeing Jimmy tweet this is depressing. Seeing Michael Irvin having to sit on ESPN and get ridiculed for 2 hours is depressing. Not only do our fans deserve better, but so do our legends.

Romo was a far better QB than Prescot will ever be. The Three Toe Sloth is a mediocre bum robbing the Cowboys of $40 million dollars a year.

MikeT22

Reaction score
He was money in the PO and could make all throws. My old raiders buddy use to say, he is pure gold in the PO and SB.

That's the difference between the great QB's and the pretenders. The last 15 years we've had Romo and Dak who could put up some good stats during the regular season, especially against inferior opponents. But the great ones do it the postseason.

Ken

Reaction score

He absolutely could and I do think he was extremely accurate. At the same time, if everything wasn't just right...he fell apart. Timing had to be perfect, the pocket had to be perfect...and with that team it usually was.

But when that talent started to erode around him...so did his performance. That isn't hard to see in his career stats.

mooseq

Reaction score
Would be nice for Jimmy to turn down the ring of honor ceremony since Jerry wanted to play games

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
7-0 in first 7 playoff games as a starter with 2 SBs.

What more can you ask for?

The 2007 Cowboys had 13 pro bowlers and were one and done in the playoffs.

Ok be real..tell me you never saw Troy have a bad game..he threw 3 int's in a NFCCG the diference is that team was head and shoulders better than any team you have seen here since..Troy was awsome and human..but if you cant see how much better that team was than any cap era team I cant help you.

Legend

Reaction score
He absolutely could and I do think he was extremely accurate. At the same time, if everything wasn't just right...he fell apart. Timing had to be perfect, the pocket had to be perfect...and with that team it usually was.

But when that talent started to erode around him...so did his performance. That isn't hard to see in his career stats.

The Cowboys decline started when Jimmy left and no one was there to keep the Cowboys in line.

And of course the players aged as well.

However, Aikman already reached the top of the mountain twice during his first 6 years unlike Romo and Dak.

Romo never did and it looks like Dak may have the same fate as well.

Legend

Reaction score
Ok be real..tell me you never saw Troy have a bad game..he threw 3 int's in a NFCCG the diference is that team was head and shoulders better than any team you have seen here since..Troy was awsome and human..but if you cant see how much better that team was than any cap era team I cant help you.
Even with the Bozo Barry Switzer as the head coach and a loaded 49ers team from spending like a drunken sailor on free agents; the Cowboys battled back.

However, this play stopped the comeback and Barry Switzer put the nail in the coffin drawing a 15 yard penalty from bumping a referee.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I think Jimmy, Aikman, Irvin, Romo all want the Cowboys to win badly, and are just disgusted with what Jerry has done.

You can have more ex players and ex coaches say it but Jerry knows it. He knows he is the reason they haven't won. But will he change it? My guess is no even though the older he gets, the more desperate he may get.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Even with the Bozo Barry Switzer as the head coach and a loaded 49ers team from spending like a drunken sailor on free agents; the Cowboys battled back.

However, this play stopped the comeback and Barry Switzer put the nail in the coffin drawing a 15 yard penalty from bumping a referee.

Again Troy was great...if your looking for an argument from me you wont get it..I watched every game he played as a Cowboy. And without a doubt your wrong if you dont think those are the best teams we have had to this very second since...period. Saying anything else is dead wrong and its not even a discussion.

GoldenR

Reaction score
2007 team we lost to ---Osi, Strahan, Plax, Jacobs, Shockey, Tuck, Toomer, etc... Hate when people and talking heads bring this up!!! Go look at their roster that year, I do not care what their record was. They also won the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Seeing Jimmy tweet this is depressing. Seeing Michael Irvin having to sit on ESPN and get ridiculed for 2 hours is depressing. Not only do our fans deserve better, but so do our legends.

Not really fair to lay it at their feet, though. This problem goes well beyond them.

20220118-044310.jpg