Twitter: Jimmy throws Garrett under the bus

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Jimmy Johnson questions your boy......who we all know is an epic failure at coaching...…so Jimmy is now brain dead or has agenda?

That's a shot below the belt even for you Idgit.

That isn’t what I said.

And I don’t generally hit below the belt, either. I don’t pull punches or suffer fools, but I play by the rules of the forum.

erod

Reaction score
It actually makes a lot of sense. Do you think garret should be taking a vacation in the middle of a 3-4 season? What are those optics for the players? He's an awful leader and this just another example of how he doesn't get it. The bye week wasn't intended to be a vacation. Its supposed to be a chance to heal up a little and regroup. Belechek isn't doing the celebrity rounds during his bye week.
He's Jason Garrett. He can fly out, probably on Jerry's plane, watch the game, and fly back in 15 hours.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
This is just proof, at least to me, that JG's job is in no way in jeopardy.

Jerry probably signed the ******* expense report. Pathetic.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's Jason Garrett. He can fly out, probably on Jerry's plane, watch the game, and fly back in 15 hours.

Its the optics of it more than anything not the actual time he's away from Dallas. The team is 3-4. We just heavily invested in Amari Cooper and our head coach is in LA hanging with Brad Paisley and catching a game. It was a bizarre choice.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That isn’t what I said.

And I don’t generally hit below the belt, either. I don’t pull punches or suffer fools, but I play by the rules of the forum.

You said, "The optics of this only matter to the truly brain dead, or to people with an agenda in the first place."

Jimmy Johnson said the optics look bad.

So if Jimmy Johnson said the optics look bad and you said that the optics only matter to the truly brain dead or with people with agendas, how is that not what you said? At least own it Idgit, dont try to walk it back now.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Garrett learned from the best...
Ibl0uBC.jpg

HungryLion

Reaction score
You said, "The optics of this only matter to the truly brain dead, or to people with an agenda in the first place."

So if Jimmy Johnson said the optics look bad and you said that the optics only matter to the truly brain dead or with people with agendas, how is that not what you said? At least own it Idgit, dont try to walk it back now.

I’m trying to figure out why it’s bad for
Somebody to have the agenda of wanting Garret gone?

Yes, I have an agenda that involves the team
Getting rid of a mediocre at best head coach who hasn’t won anything of significance in 8 years, so that they can hopefully hire somebody better.

What’s wrong with that agenda? Why is “agenda” a bad word?

visionary

Reaction score

:lmao:
Expecting sense from Idgit :facepalm:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out why it’s bad for
Somebody to have the agenda of wanting Garret gone?

Yes, I have an agenda that involves the team
Getting rid of a mediocre at best head coach who hasn’t won anything of significance in 8 years, so that they can hopefully hire somebody better.

What’s wrong with that agenda? Why is “agenda” a bad word?

Maybe because it is associated with 'hidden agenda' so much . idk ,

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jimmy said being spotted at the World Series game created a bad perception for fans and players. I disagree with him that the players will care at all, and think instead this is something that only affects the subset of fans who are either braindead or who already have an agenda, or both.

I believe Jimmy is capable of distinguishing between the perception and the actual impact here. And I don't think that Jimmy is braindead or that he's got an agenda against Jason Garrrett.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not much different than our GM attending a Beyoncé concert on a Tues after a loss. I can’t think of a single NFL GM (not even Mike Brown) that is arrogant enough (or has time enough) to be sitting in a fancy box at a concert while his team is trying to stay out of the toilet.

This is not a healthy organization.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was Jerry's idea. It's a bye week, World Series game that will be widely viewed and it would be good for marketing to have someone with the organization visible and give the press something to talk about during a down week.