Twitter: Jimmy throws Garrett under the bus

ESisback

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of Garrett, but for Jimmy to assume Garrett has no work ethic is erroneous at best.

cern

Reaction score
Is it too early to be planning for the titans?? I think not. Bye week is for recuperating. Not for fun. This is the same guy always at stars and mavs games with witten and romo. How many championships did they bring us?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't care what player or coach you pick, no one is at it 24-7. It may "send the wrong message" but it's to those who haven't a clue.

This has nothing to do with JG sucking as a coach.

cern

Reaction score
I don't care what player or coach you pick, no one is at it 24-7. It may "send the wrong message" but it's to those who haven't a clue.

This has nothing to do with JG sucking as a coach.
I think it exemplifies his mind set. Our offense has sputtered all season long. He should be focused on this aspect. He can watch the world series on tv. The best leaders work best under stress. Jmo, of course.

chicago JK

Reaction score
tough one for me. I think it is important for everyone to step away from the grind at times...especially during your bye week.

Although I agree the visual is not the greatest. He is the coach of a team who constantly finds ways to lose games and he at times is one of the main culprits. They are also entering a stretch where they have mostly used up their mulligans and pretty much need to be perfect over the next month.

Although the coaching staff did spend all offseason re-programming the offense and we have seen little change in results. So maybe office time for them is overrated :)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
JJ will be commenting before the day ends about JG needed a break and deserved one.
well I am not sure , but the bye week is not a work week for anyone, I dont know if it is in the cba ??
but teams dont use the bye week to get better, it is a week off from work, and even if you wanted to keep working
I dont know if it is allowed.

They said they got amari and were able to get him in some practices this past week, but it sounded like nothing after friday would be done.
so instead of 2 weeks to get amari ready they had part of one.

If this is true then I dont care where JG goes, but if they could work , with a 3-4 record he should be working and so should others on the team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
and can someone post what jimmy actually said?
I cant get the twitter posts

Mr_437

Reaction score
I actually support JG soaking up a winning atmosphere... hopefully some good rubs off.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and can someone post what jimmy actually said?
I cant get the twitter posts

" I know the World Series, it’s huge. But perception... I think it sends the wrong message. Not only to the fans, but to the players. At 3-4, there’s work to be done."

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy gets it but he's a Super Bowl champion. Garrett is just a puppet who claps a lot.

The players don’t give a rip what coaches do on their bye-week days off.

The fans do, for some reason. But it’s idiotic. Even pro coaches work better with a work-life balance. Who really cares if some random fans who don’t get a vote that counts happen to disagree?