News: JJ: Dez may want back on Cowboys, but Cowboys don't want Dez

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
Not in Dallas’ best interest
Jones, the Cowboys’ owner and general manager, made his regular appearance on sports-radio station "The Fan" on Friday and was asked about Bryant’s tweet.

Answer: ixnay on Ez-Day.

“We feel good about Dez and wish him the very best. Trust me, if it were in our best interests, his and ours, he’d be on the field for the Cowboys,” Jones said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jerry-...-cowboys-cowboys-dont-want-dez-163009030.html

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then why are we still using players like they are Dez Bryant when they are not?

You didn’t evolve the pass game for a post Dez Bryant season and now you’re throwing high point passes to guys who aren’t on his level.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Jones, the Cowboys’ owner and general manager, made his regular appearance on sports-radio station "The Fan" on Friday and was asked about Bryant’s tweet.

“We feel good about Dez and wish him the very best. Trust me, if it were in our best interests, his and ours, he’d be on the field for the Cowboys,” Jones said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jerry-...-cowboys-cowboys-dont-want-dez-163009030.html

I dont understand this.

Lets bring him back if he wants to play for us.

Vet minimum. Exclusivley gunner on special teams. Lets see what he got left.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Just like Romo, Jerry? The track record for determining what is in the best interests is getting worse all the time.

That said, without a new QB, it doesn't really make a difference what WRs we have.

plymkr

Reaction score
Then why are we still using players like they are Dez Bryant when they are not?

You didn’t evolve the pass game for a post Dez Bryant season and now you’re throwing high point passes to guys who aren’t on his level.
We haven't evolved any part of our offense since Garrett was the coordinator and then head coach. Garrett does not evolve. He just claps them tries the same thing play after play, game after game and year after year.

iamliko22

Reaction score
Yeah only thing makes sense is behind closed doors dak doesn't really want him back..(dak friendly) If he really wanted Dez back... I think they'd try to help him out. Especially knowing Dez would come back cheap..

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve said this several times in other threads that keep mentioning Dez and Romo as some kind of option...OMG! The key to our improvement is not going to be found in the past. It will be in the future.

If we’re going to have silly dreams about bringing back a battered, retired QB to somehow rescue us by miraculously be healthier than when they retired, let’s see if Roger Staubach would come back. LOL!!! (It’s almost that stupid)

With Dez- why would we think that a year after he wasn’t that great for us last year, and after 31 other NFL teams, many of which are starved for a playmaker, wouldn’t sign him....why the H would we? It is ridiculously foolish.