News: JJ: Dez may want back on Cowboys, but Cowboys don't want Dez

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Then why are we still using players like they are Dez Bryant when they are not?

You didn’t evolve the pass game for a post Dez Bryant season and now you’re throwing high point passes to guys who aren’t on his level.

Because for the hundredth time, Dez's release wasn't just about on board performance. It simply declined to the point where all of the nonsense that comes along with him wasn't worth it anymore. 26th in passing with Dez, 29th without him - no longer a difference maker, just a royal pain in the butt.

That he's still unemployed is no accident, and it's not because he's had a multitude of offers and just decided to sit on his couch.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
#88 has officially been 86ed. Let's put away our sticks and clubs and finally lay Seabiscuit to rest:)

The Natural

Reaction score
yeah...dez burned some bridges pretty badly....
and Brice didnt? lol. A guy like Dez is a threat to the coaching power structure because there are players in the locker room that would follow him through the fire, can't have another TO/Crayton leading an insurrection can we? That's why he had to go. Nobody's following Brice. Beasley is going to make his tweets but on Sunday he's not stepping to any of the coaches, neither is Hurns. That's what this organization likes, guys that aren't 'uppity' and know their place.

iamliko22

Reaction score
and Brice didnt? lol. A guy like Dez is a threat to the coaching power structure because there are players in the locker room that would follow him through the fire, can't have another TO/Crayton leading an insurrection can we? That's why he had to go. Nobody's following Brice. Beasley is going to make his tweets but on Sunday he's not stepping to any of the coaches, neither is Hurns. That's what this organization likes, guys that aren't 'uppity' and know their place.
Good point..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Because for the hundredth time, Dez's release wasn't just about on board performance. It simply declined to the point where all of the nonsense that comes along with him wasn't worth it anymore. 26th in passing with Dez, 29th without him - no longer a difference maker, just a royal pain in the butt.

That he's still unemployed is no accident, and it's not because he's had a multitude of offers and just decided to sit on his couch.

Sources have said he has had a couple of offers that he could’ve signed anytime so him being not signed is really just his choice.

The player was not finished by age 29 and the problems are still here when it comes to the pass game.

Him putting up 850 yards and 6 TDs in this garbage offense was pretty incredible.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not in Dallas’ best interest
Jones, the Cowboys’ owner and general manager, made his regular appearance on sports-radio station "The Fan" on Friday and was asked about Bryant’s tweet.

Answer: ixnay on Ez-Day.

“We feel good about Dez and wish him the very best. Trust me, if it were in our best interests, his and ours, he’d be on the field for the Cowboys,” Jones said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jerry-...-cowboys-cowboys-dont-want-dez-163009030.html

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see where this closes the door. What I'm reading is it not in our best interest at this time. What happens if we lose one or two starting receivers for the year? Does that "best" interest change? Not sure it doesn't......

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jones, the Cowboys’ owner and general manager, made his regular appearance on sports-radio station "The Fan" on Friday and was asked about Bryant’s tweet.

“We feel good about Dez and wish him the very best. Trust me, if it were in our best interests, his and ours, he’d be on the field for the Cowboys,” Jones said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jerry-...-cowboys-cowboys-dont-want-dez-163009030.html

I'm glad the team got that out there quickly. Don't make Dez twist in the wind. I hope Jerry gave him a call as a heads up too.

aaev84

Reaction score

Hmmm. Who is throwing the ball? I just dont understand how Dak gets so much of a pass... how was he without an all pro rb? Have to be honest here and put some of the blame on QB. Dez, other than crossing routes was never a big separation guy. Not many in the NFL are.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Dez, me brutha! You are so last season.
Bye, loser!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

get lost, Mr. Backstabber, awful route runner with poor hands and angry sideline outbursts.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Then why are we still using players like they are Dez Bryant when they are not?

You didn’t evolve the pass game for a post Dez Bryant season and now you’re throwing high point passes to guys who aren’t on his level.

We’ve done a lot of back shoulder fades and night point passes??

I’ve seen a lot of slants... curls... occasional go route and drags...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Sources have said he has had a couple of offers that he could’ve signed anytime so him being not signed is really just his choice.

The player was not finished by age 29 and the problems are still here when it comes to the pass game.

Him putting up 850 yards and 6 TDs in this garbage offense was pretty incredible.

A couple offers, yep that's what I heard a too. A couple. The guy many here said would have multiple offers the week he was released has had a couple offers in 7 months.

Dez isn't the solution to the passing game this year any more than he was last year. He thinks he's better than he is, hence him turning down his couple offers, and he's a pain in the butt to those who work with him.

If his antics during the Seattle game weren't enough to convince you, and his taking a flamethrower to the team when he was released won't convince you, nothing will. To think he could come back now into that locker room after his public meltdown is incredibly naive. If he was able to deliver Antonio Brown results it might be tolerated. For 800 yards and 6 TDs he's not worth it.

THAT is why he's still unemployed. Get over it. Dez isn't the answer. Move on.