JJT: Self Important Blowhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
But we've found out in the last couple of weeks that the old man can still flex his muscles. It's all of our fault, really. We heaped so much praise on Stephen Jones for the way the club handled the DeMarco Murray negotiations that Jerry Jones felt compelled to show us that he was still the man carrying the biggest stick. He even joked about it with folks at the owners meetings last week, but you know what they say about many truths being told in jest.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12607196/dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-shows-run-show

He has been pulling a Mike Fisher and making up a narrative about how business is done at VR. He's been leading the Stephen and Garrett are the ones calling the shots charge. Now the narrative has him and his contemporaries calling the shots and pushing Jones' buttons. It's base and ignorant frankly.

He has always taken the 'beat writer:columnist:: pleb: patrician' sentiment to new heights. He is notorious for not paying attention during press conferences, practices, and games. You can find him talking or shimmying in on celebs most times.

I think he might be worse than Fisher. His narrative has now thrown poo at all possible candidates in the front office including McClay. Thus they have the same level of integrity. On the one hand you have the guy with the premium site but JJT likes to write us stories about himself.

Is there anyone worse in the DFW market that you can think of?

yimyammer

Reaction score
even if its true that jerri pushed for these guys, someone had enough influence to temper his enthusiasm so he didn't do a couple of cap crippling contracts if things don't work out, thats a huge departure from the old jerri

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12607196/dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-shows-run-show

He has been pulling a Mike Fisher and making up a narrative about how business is done at VR. He's been leading the Stephen and Garrett are the ones calling the shots charge. Now the narrative has him and his contemporaries calling the shots and pushing Jones' buttons. It's base and ignorant frankly.

He has always taken the 'beat writer:columnist:: pleb: patrician' sentiment to new heights. He is notorious for not paying attention during press conferences, practices, and games. You can find him talking or shimmying in on celebs most times.

I think he might be worse than Fisher. His narrative has now thrown poo at all possible candidates in the front office including McClay. Thus they have the same level of integrity. On the one hand you have the guy with the premium site but JJT likes to write us stories about himself.

Is there anyone worse in the DFW market that you can think of?

I've never understood why he is employed. He is a clown of the highest order.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Self important blowhard, indeed.

I bet if he was here he'd probably start a self titled weekly thread after games for his "thoughts".

He would probably make thousand of smart arse quips in order to get likes from his following of non-contributors. He would be envious of people who actually contribute information to the site.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Self important blowhard, indeed.

I bet if he was here he'd probably start a self titled weekly thread after games for his "thoughts".

He would probably make thousand of smart arse quips in order to get likes from his following of non-contributors. He would be envious of people who actually contribute information to the site.

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Jesse.gif

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/mrtlol.gif

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/escalated_zpsa9a2e5f0.gif

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Maurylaugh_zps8a054b77.gif

Or post animated gifs...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/baby-3_zps4513f705.gif

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Two weeks late, don't care, this post is the best I've seen in a long time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Good thing you'd never pummull people with your repetitive opinions.

I always thought that using the term 'Fuzzy' was self-deprecating. That was the intent anyway.

I'm just glad the recency of success from Hanna and Hitchens has seen him shut up about never being wrong. Negative conditioning works on him.

erod

Reaction score
JJT, like so many in sports media, struggles mightily with his irrelevance.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always thought that using the term 'Fuzzy' was self-deprecating. That was the intent anyway.

I'm just glad the recency of success from Hanna and Hitchens has seen him shut up about never being wrong. Negative conditioning works on him.

Your Fuzzy threads are some of my favorites during the season. Always a thoughtful read.

I have to disagree with the hope that either of his Hanna or Hitchens takes are going to get Risen to quit about never being wrong. If whiffing on everything else he's whiffed at over the last few seasons didn't do it, nothing is going to. Most people have short memories, after all.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJT, like so many in sports media, struggles mightily with his irrelevance.

I keep waiting for him to get his walking papers. It sure seems like he's at least faded recently. Unless he's off plaguing some other sport with his poorly researched shoot-from-the-hip-and-miss smugness.

erod

Reaction score
I keep waiting for him to get his walking papers. It sure seems like he's at least faded recently. Unless he's off plaguing some other sport with his poorly researched shoot-from-the-hip-and-miss smugness.

His downturn began when, just after he got the Sunday morning show on the ticket, he bolted for ESPN when they started the regional website coverage format. He started to get some work on the local ESPN radio network, but that was nixed quickly as they struggled to get ratings all the way around.

Since then, ESPN radio has found a fair degree of footing, as has The Fan, but he's been left in the background.

JJT has this incessant need to always be right, no matter how in a corner he's painted himself into. He claims over and over and over that he just looks at everything objectively, when it's painfully obvious he's in a constantly defensive or antagonizing position. It's unfortunate because he does have a degree of ability and talent.

The truest blowhard locally is Dale Hansen, who's so warped by his internal insecurities and complete irrelevance, that he's gone fully rogue, taking wildly ridiculous stands on everything and blowing everything completely out of proportion just to generate headlines. He's now the Bill Maher of sports journalism. He promotes himself as the voice of reason despite a life-long battle with demons of all varieties.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Your Fuzzy threads are some of my favorites during the season. Always a thoughtful read.

I have to disagree with the hope that either of his Hanna or Hitchens takes are going to get Risen to quit about never being wrong. If whiffing on everything else he's whiffed at over the last few seasons didn't do it, nothing is going to. Most people have short memories, after all.

I haven't read him write it in quite some time. I have no doubt that he will be back in action. He has already performed his annual slamming of the late round picks after all.

Thing is that the fact he and his krew hate my writing, encourages me almost as much as the 50+ people that give me likes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

I think he is unethical. He chooses sides in business and legal disputes and allows one side to use him as a proxy as they hide behind unnamed sources while he excoriates the other. Wells and Dez are the most recent example. I thought him calling Dez a 'pos' on twitter was a nice touch. Greg Ellis is another example. Objective journalism indeed.

Then you see him out at work and watch him knocking off and invariably not paying attention. I don't see how he has a job.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score

IMO you've earned your likes.........no I'm not saying anyone in here hasn't earned his/hers

In Kiper God trust!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO you've earned your likes.........no I'm not saying anyone in here hasn't earned his/hers

In Kiper God trust!

Some of us get likes because we're mods. Others get likes because they match a popular agenda. Then there are guys like xwalker (and many, many others) who get likes because of the real football content they generate for the board. I wish I could be in that category, honestly. Because those are the posters who really drive what's interesting on any sports message board.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Some of us get likes because we're mods. Others get likes because they match a popular agenda. Then there are guys like xwalker (and many, many others) who get likes because of the real football content they generate for the board. I wish I could be in that category, honestly. Because those are the posters who really drive what's interesting on any sports message board.

The board needs little comedy injected and you accomplish that plus a good poster IMO! I on the other hand just add to the traffic :(

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The board needs little comedy injected and you accomplish that plus a good poster IMO! I on the other hand just add to the traffic :(

Yeah, I guess it really does take a village to raise a little message board properly. Really, though, the guys that generate the videos and the data-based arguments to the detailed reporting of things like training camp practices and such....that's so much hard work for the community. I think that stuff's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.