JJT: Whispers From the Star - 2/14/2020

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't think Marinelli's scheme is trash. Hell, he's been in the NFL for years, considered one of the top defensive cordinaters for years, he had a job in the NFL like two hours after he got released in Dallas.

I think there is something to the report that was aired earlier. The problem was not Marinelli or Richard, per say. The problem was that neither had full control over the entire Defense. When Rod ran is scheme up front, the LBs and secondary were not in sink with that and it created issues. I think that's probably more of the problem.

I think Marinelli can Coach but like all Coaches, you are as good as your talent. We have not really enjoyed the talent level on the Defensive Side of the ball, we've seen Offensively IMO. Who's fault is that? Hard to say for sure but I do think the guy can Coach. I just think it was time for him to move on.

That's just my opinion.

I think there is an aspect to scheme. As has been pointed out by several announcers, it is a scheme that relies on simply going out and beating your man. Not much disguising anything.

That scheme can be effective and has been - however, the years it worked best, we had a single player who really dominated. Sean Lee, Demarcus Lawrence, and LVE all filled that role in various years (and in other years the offensive was so good -- e.g., Romo's last full year -- that it didn't matter). We never got that performance this year and it made a difference. We had the talent but DLaw was coming off delayed surgery (which was stupid for the team since they ended up giving him the deal he wanted anyway) and LVE got hurt. Those were the two guys most likely to take a game over.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Whoever sent the laughing emoji about Dez I want to know who that was and his history with player evaluation. Prob same guy who thought Taco could play

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about Dak. He wants market value, but how do we know the market values him that much. Hit him with the non exclusive franchise tag and lets see what the market says about his value.
He wants more than market value......market value for him would be the average of the top 12 QB's in the league he seems to think he's a top 3 or 5 in the league.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He wants more than market value......market value for him would be the average of the top 12 QB's in the league he seems to think he's a top 3 or 5 in the league.
Negotiations should be like that. I always want as much as I can for my talent. I value it and my talent makes you money.
His only difference is that he works under an Owner made cap so let the rue-age commence.

Honest question: If there was no cap, would you give one tit what he gets paid?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Negotiations should be like that. I always want as much as I can for my talent. I value it and my talent makes you money.
His only difference is that he works under an Owner made cap so let the rue-age commence.

Honest question: If there was no cap, would you give one tit what he gets paid?
Nope I wouldn't care......but there is a cap, so we want the best supporting cast we can get to improve the team as a whole.........if his focus was more on improving the team and less on just himself I would be more understanding...............being greedy is a low character flaw we see with Jerry and that other orange face dude.

Corso

Reaction score
Nope I wouldn't care......but there is a cap, so we want the best supporting cast we can get to improve the team as a whole.........if his focus was more on improving the team and less on just himself I would be more understanding...............being greedy is a low character flaw we see with Jerry and that other orange face dude.
I understand where you're coming from.
I really do.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
giphy.gif

LLLOOOLLL, stop Snap!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about Dak. He wants market value, but how do we know the market values him that much. Hit him with the non exclusive franchise tag and lets see what the market says about his value.
The stupidest thing JTT could think. Team will simply blow up the price knowing Dallas doesnt want to start over with a QB. They've said it over and over again.

For me its getting irritating that everyday theres a story. Dak should just shut up and exercise a bit of self control and go the Cooper route and just say it'll get done when it gets done. My people are talking to the team. End quote. I know most of these stories are just speculation but Dak does himself no justice by not taking control of interviews and put a stop to them being able to put their own spin on the situation.

They do the same thing with Cooper and he gives them nothing to come up with because he's direct and says exactly what he feels. He wants to stay in Dallas period.

Dak needs to study Coopers interviews.

Corso

Reaction score
The stupidest thing JTT could think. Team will simply blow up the price knowing Dallas doesnt want to start over with a QB. They've said it over and over again.

For me its getting irritating that everyday theres a story. Dak should just shut up and exercise a bit of self control and go the Cooper route and just say it'll get done when it gets done. My people are talking to the team. End quote. I know most of these stories are just speculation but Dak does himself no justice by not taking control of interviews and put a stop to them being able to put their own spin on the situation.

They do the same thing with Cooper and he gives them nothing to come up with because he's direct and says exactly what he feels. He wants to stay in Dallas period.

Dak needs to study Coopers interviews.
No he doesn't.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Marinelli is trash as a D-Cordinator. I watched him here in Chicago, he ran Lovie's D. He got a job as a DLine coach, that is where he excels.
He wasn't scheming any defense here the last 2 years beyond the DL.
Richard designed the coverages and called them.
Richard is the one without a job currently.