Joan Jett or Pat Benatar

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Don't do live shows with heels on! Maybe i should have found a different video of Pat Benatar with some better movement.

jsb357

Reaction score
i like pat's voice better.

i met joan once but i did not tell her that.

:thumbup:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Benatar had much better voice talent and her Husband was a great accompanist on the guitar. Joan had that raw sex appeal, though I don't think she had much interest in the bull pen.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Not a fan of "Clone Jett" who has made a career out of covering other people's material. And please don't mention the Runaway's, their music was so primitive they made KISS sound like Rush by comparison. Gotta go with Pat and her hubby Neil Giraldo. Saw them in 1980 and they put on a great little show. She has done more for women in rock than ANYONE in the Runaways could ever dream.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I saw Joan Jett live in the early 80's and she got boo'ed relentlessly. She was opening for ZZ Top on the Eliminator Tour, in their hometown of Houston. It was the 3rd night of a 3 day stand, the previous 2 shows had the crowd rush the stage, a few minor injuries but nothing like what happened recently, but they had a bunch of extra security.

The crowd was amped up and they wanted ZZ Top and out comes poor Joan Jett with her Vanilla Rock, she was boo'ed immediately and relentlessly. When she finished her set the crowd cheered, mostly because she was done....... or so we thought. She comes back out for an encore and the boos rained down even louder than before. I'd never seen anything quite like that before and even though I was never a big fan of hers, I felt a little sorry for her. To be fair that was gonna be a tough spot for just about anybody as an opener, but Joan Jett was definitely a poor choice.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pat seemed like she had to pretend to be tough.
Joan did not look like she had to pretend.

Liked a few songs from each but never a huge fan of either. Although I think Joan's guitar sound and music always sounded more rock where pats seemed more pop