Joe Thomas deserves some props

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Those guys will be cut soon as it’s friendly enough to do it. Those were good decisions to let them walk.
They both fit really well into KCs defense and both are putting up productive numbers, thats all I was saying.
Andy seems to like them both.
My point being is that Joe Thomas is similar in that level of talent that can produce, we are lucky to have him considering the injuries.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He’s our best lb’er by far right now. I would even bring up the Utah rookie and let him run wild...but hey that’s me.
Now were talking,, Bernard is a project for sure,, but the skill set is there.
If there ever was a season to fast track a player with upside, its 2020.

cern

Reaction score
yeah I guess look can be deceiving. Like that running back who briefly made the team I think it was 2 years ago. Some of us saw some youtube video and mistakenly thought he was huge, but he wasnt. I dont remember his name
I remember "bo". From alabama. Scarborough might have been last name.

blueblood70

Reaction score
but wow does he look tiny out there
apparently you dont watch sports much, DL, OL. TE, WRs, etc are many times 6'3 or bigger hes a normal size LB playing in a forest of bigger players.. even 6'6 basketball players look tiny with all the 7footers running around :)

6'2 guards look like high schoolers LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
Those guys will be cut soon as it’s friendly enough to do it. Those were good decisions to let them walk.
they forget what they got paid and what the cap was at the time..we had Jsmith LVE and Lee when we let them walk.. all cheaper and as good or better..

some fans with the know it all replies makes me LOL and SMH

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Havent seen a thread giving props to Joe Thomas, if so, my apologies, but he had a career day and deserves some props.

Thomas recorded a career-high 12 tackles (six solo) and a QB hit in Sunday's comeback win over the Falcons.

With Leighton Vander Esch (collarbone) on IR, Thomas got the start alongside Jaylon Smith at linebacker and posted a very Vander Esch-like tackle total.

The last time Thomas had a significant starting role, he posted 70 tackles and an INT over 16 games for the Packers in 2016, including his only other two double-digit tackle performances, so the 29-year-old may well be able to keep up this level of production for at least a few weeks.
I did create a thread on the guys who stepped up in the game, and talked about Thomas along with others, But I’m good with a separate thread. He had a great game.. Maybe the best player on our defense this past Sunday.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He is 6'1" and 233lbs, so not all that small, but I understand the visual observation.
He is getting the job done and filling a void.
On a side note take a look at KC,s two starting LBs.
Anthony Hitchens - Dallas Cowboys 2014 round 4 pick 19
Damien Wilson - Dallas Cowboys 2015 round 4 draft pick number 28
and check out the numbers they are putting up.
Both drafted by the Dallas Cowboys and both starting for KC, man the past regime made some serious mistakes at LB letting those two get away, and seems that KC just sat back and harvested two really good LBs at our expense.

They also have Taco Charlton and he has already recorded a sack.

I don't think the Cowboys value defense enough and they haven't been coached properly.

I'm wary about Nolan too. Why not play Gifford as well.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
They also have Taco Charlton and he has already recorded a sack.

I don't think the Cowboys value defense enough and they haven't been coached properly.

I'm wary about Nolan too. Why not play Gifford as well.
Taco... I wonder what could have been with that guy if he was coached by someone other than Doghouse Marinelli.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
apparently you dont watch sports much, DL, OL. TE, WRs, etc are many times 6'3 or bigger hes a normal size LB playing in a forest of bigger players.. even 6'6 basketball players look tiny with all the 7footers running around :)

6'2 guards look like high schoolers LOL
oh shut up you moron,. Ive been watching football since before you were a sperm in your daddys balls

mathew1184

Reaction score
Havent seen a thread giving props to Joe Thomas, if so, my apologies, but he had a career day and deserves some props.

Thomas recorded a career-high 12 tackles (six solo) and a QB hit in Sunday's comeback win over the Falcons.

With Leighton Vander Esch (collarbone) on IR, Thomas got the start alongside Jaylon Smith at linebacker and posted a very Vander Esch-like tackle total.

The last time Thomas had a significant starting role, he posted 70 tackles and an INT over 16 games for the Packers in 2016, including his only other two double-digit tackle performances, so the 29-year-old may well be able to keep up this level of production for at least a few weeks.
Our best LB so far, putting himself in position to make plays and not asking for a simplified D.

DanA

Reaction score
Joe Thomas was awesome in week 2. IMO one area where he was actually an upgrade was his ability to stack and shed blocks. That's been one bugbear of mine from the start with Jaylon and LVE. They always try and knife through and if linemen get hands on them it's over. Sometimes you've just got to sink your hips, stack and shed.

bigE79

Reaction score
He is 6'1" and 233lbs, so not all that small, but I understand the visual observation.
Both drafted by the Dallas Cowboys and both starting for KC, man the past regime made some serious mistakes at LB letting those two get away, and seems that KC just sat back and harvested two really good LBs at our expense.
Really dumb move on our part,I'd take hitch or wilson over smith anytime.

quickccc

Reaction score

Not like Hitchens or Wilson are pro bowlers, .and both are still liabilities vs pass. They are decent LBs, nothing more.
Thomas is a serviceable LB too, He's not overpowering and he's much better when he is freed up to run vs taking on
and he has enough speed to factor in coverage.

But what is showing up clearly is he has much instincts than Jaylon Smith
Seems to always be in position more than Jaylon.

jaylon can keep talkin about complex scheme but no matter who the DC is, he still looks lost, mis-guessing into gaps,
and he's not fighting thru traffic enough for some one who was so highly touted coming into the NFL 2016 draft class.