Joe Thomas deserves some props

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Havent seen a thread giving props to Joe Thomas, if so, my apologies, but he had a career day and deserves some props.

Thomas recorded a career-high 12 tackles (six solo) and a QB hit in Sunday's comeback win over the Falcons.

With Leighton Vander Esch (collarbone) on IR, Thomas got the start alongside Jaylon Smith at linebacker and posted a very Vander Esch-like tackle total.

The last time Thomas had a significant starting role, he posted 70 tackles and an INT over 16 games for the Packers in 2016, including his only other two double-digit tackle performances, so the 29-year-old may well be able to keep up this level of production for at least a few weeks.

I think most people here recognize Thomas as one of our top 3 or 4 defensive players so far this year. And doing it w/o starter snaps in camp.

Mucho props to Thomas.

ghst187

Reaction score
Being available to play instead of injured nearly makes a player a lock for becoming our best LB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Havent seen a thread giving props to Joe Thomas, if so, my apologies, but he had a career day and deserves some props.

Thomas recorded a career-high 12 tackles (six solo) and a QB hit in Sunday's comeback win over the Falcons.

With Leighton Vander Esch (collarbone) on IR, Thomas got the start alongside Jaylon Smith at linebacker and posted a very Vander Esch-like tackle total.

The last time Thomas had a significant starting role, he posted 70 tackles and an INT over 16 games for the Packers in 2016, including his only other two double-digit tackle performances, so the 29-year-old may well be able to keep up this level of production for at least a few weeks.
Like what I see so far kid has gusto....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Starter cailber LB

Like I told @xwalker
:huh:

When was that?

I've always been a fan of Joe Thomas as a backup and I've said multiple times that he is as good as many LBs that are starting.

I've said that there is not a big difference between Thomas and Hitchens who got 9M per.

I've also said that Thomas might be better than Damien Wilson who also went to KC and became a starter.

blueblood70

Reaction score
oh shut up you moron,. Ive been watching football since before you were a sperm in your daddys balls

wow nice reply , you get help putting that sentence together?

obviously you havent because in sports really big people look smaller because they are playing against freaks of nature much bigger then them..

calling a 6'1 230pound man in peak athletics shape paying a tough mans game, tiny, thats a moronic statement..

but thanks for the amusement..

BTW we've had much smaller LBs here over the years that were still great players.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It is nice having a good, solid, under-the-radar guy who just plays hard and makes tackles. I'm sick of the "stories" and "names" and "brands" at that position.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
:huh:

When was that?

I've always been a fan of Joe Thomas as a backup and I've said multiple times that he is as good as many LBs that are starting.

I've said that there is not a big difference between Thomas and Hitchens who got 9M per.

I've also said that Thomas might be better than Damien Wilson who also went to KC and became a starter.

Your words exactly

"If he was starter material he would have gone to a team to start".

Don't switch it up now haha

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Totally agree. Thomas is underrated. We’re going to need him to be consistent now because there will be no LVE or Sean Lee anytime soon.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
After watching the replay of the game I didn't realize that Thomas played so well. Many big tackles in the game.

Cebrin

Reaction score
He is just the type of LB I like. Good contract, doesn't draw attention (good or bad) and just does his job. We need the Joe Thomases and Dalton Schultzes of the roster to continue to produce. In the Garrett Era, this team relied too heavily on their big-money players, who many can argue were overpaid and didn't show up enough.

There are 11 positions on offense and defense. We don't need flashy superstars/Pro Bowlers/premium draft picks at every position. Of course there are important positions that you hope you have a few top-tier players at (ex: QB, WR, DL) But for a lot of those other positions, your goal is to find players who can be productive without breaking the bank.
Bill Win-a-chip is that you?