Twitter: John Madden talks Cowboys - 12/18/13

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
If you gave GB points off BOTH romo INTs thats still not enough for a comeback win. We wouldnt be in the pickle of tossing the ball around with 1 min left if this defense could force a punt in the second half. ONE time.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Crappy position, but Bailey is freaking money.

He's special too.

Hmm so for special that's:

Dez
Tyron
Frederick
Bailey

For top 10 at their respective position:

Romo
Witten
Lee
Church
Hatcher

*** Carr he's paid and certainly has also played at times like a top 10 corner but right now there's 10 cb's that could have their names called ahead.

wileedog

Reaction score
Last team with the ball wins. That is what this game was about. Just like the Broncos game.

Same results, by the way.

And you need to check your assignment of who I like and don't like at the door. I have far tooi many posts on this board suggesting I like Romo a great deal.

I just refuse to make excuses for him like some do. If that hit too close to home for you, I apologize

I'm sorry I don't have a scorecard on what poster likes who.

And I'm not absolving Tony for throwing a pick. But the statement "Romo blew the game" is false. The idea that any QB put in the position to have to score points on a last minute drive and doesn't do so is solely to blame for the loss is a false premise, particularly after already having put up 36 points. Not acknowledging one of the worse 2nd half defensive performances in the history of the NFL to a backup QB, all while the HC and OC brains are melting out of their ears is also false.

Tony played his part in the meltdown, for sure, he takes some of the blame. But he's about 4th on my list.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you gave GB points off BOTH romo INTs thats still not enough for a comeback win. We wouldnt be in the pickle of tossing the ball around with 1 min left if this defense could force a punt in the second half. ONE time.

But you see, you are rewriting history with if we could have done this or that.

What is the truth is Dallas got the ball back with plenty of time and needed a field goal to win it.

Sound familiar? It should. It is the very same scenario in the Denver game. Same end of the same field, as well.

So what went before doesn't matter.

Romo has the ball for the game winning drive. Two distinct games, each singular in their nature, but both similar in the final stanza.

The results were almost identical.

From Romo's hand to a defender. Game over.

You cannot rewrite this and make your point correct.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score

And I'm not absolving Tony for throwing a pick. But the statement "Romo blew the game" is false. The idea that any QB put in the position to have to score points on a last minute drive and doesn't do so is solely to blame for the loss is a false premise, particularly after already having put up 36 points. Not acknowledging one of the worse defensive performances in the history of the NFL to a backup QB, all while the HC and OC brains are melting out of their ears is also false.

Tony played his part in the meltdown, for sure, he takes some of the blame. But he's about 4th on my list.

Exactly.

Apparently the QUICK fix here is start Orton and he will absolve the defensive issues by not throwing a pick while we are losing. Because it is entirely safe to presume we will be playing from behind all game with Orton starting over Romo.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

And I'm not absolving Tony for throwing a pick. But the statement "Romo blew the game" is false. The idea that any QB put in the position to have to score points on a last minute drive and doesn't do so is solely to blame for the loss is a false premise, particularly after already having put up 36 points. Not acknowledging one of the worse 2nd half defensive performances in the history of the NFL to a backup QB, all while the HC and OC brains are melting out of their ears is also false.

From Romo's hand to the defender.

How would you rewrite it to make that not the final fact of the game?

wileedog

Reaction score

Forget a punt, if they could have forced one FG there is no comeback.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score

What is the truth is Dallas got the ball back with plenty of time and needed a field goal to win it.

Sound familiar? It should. It is the very same scenario in the Denver game. Same end of the same field, as well.

Romo has the ball for the game winning drive. Two distinct games, each singular in their nature, but both similar in the final stanza.

Were just gonna have to agree to disagree. I understand your frustration and I get it. Romo ended the game with that pick and it stunk. But I just cant point my finger at him for that entire second half disaster.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly.

Apparently the QUICK fix here is start Orton and he will absolve the defensive issues by not throwing a pick while we are losing. Because it is entirely safe to presume we will be playing from behind all game with Orton starting over Romo.

The quick fix is for Romo to stop throwing picks that end games that the team trails but is close enough a field goal will win.

The rest of that is an excuse on your part.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
The quick fix is for Romo to stop throwing picks that end games that the team trails but is close enough a field goal will win.

Or stop the other team from scoring and never falling behind in the first place. Theres an even safer ending that doesnt include putting the player, Romo, on the field.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Were just gonna have to agree to disagree. I understand your frustration and I get it. Romo ended the game with that pick and it stunk. But I just cant point my finger at him for that entire second half disaster.

I agree the second half was a disaster.

But it is Romo's job to go and win that game. Is it not? Regardless this is a team game and it is his job to bail pout a lousy defense.

He did not, just like he did not in the Bronco game. Both times he could have mastered a drive to a winning field goal and this place would have been erecting statues.

So if he makes a comeback he is a hero.

If he does not, and it is based on him throwing a pick that makes him the goat.

I did not make those rules, but that's the way it goes.

Smith22

Reaction score

Another quick fix: defense not allowing 37, 51, 49, 45, 30, 31 in our losses. Especially considering 37pts and 45pts were put up by backup QBs.

A bit much for any offense to overcome.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why is it only the final fact that counts?

Because if he takes the team down the field and scores, Dallas wins. Regardless of how crappy the defense played, it was on Romo to win the game with his tools.

He did not. He threw the pick.

It comes down to doing his job. Now if the score was GB 37 and Dallas 24, I would agree the defense clearly lost that game.

But Dallas had the ball and Romo's legend would have grown by leaps and bounds had he driven for the victory in both the GB game and the Broncos game.

Both end3ed the same.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Another quick fix: defense not allowing 37, 51, 49, 45, 30, 31 in our losses. Especially considering 37pts and 45pts were put up by backup QBs.

A bit much for any offense to overcome.

That is not a quick fix since the defense is playing injured. They have an excuse because Dallas is taking people off the street to play.

Further it will take drafting and FA to fix that part of the team.

But Romo had all his tools on the field, enough time to win it, needed only a field goal in both the GB and Den games, and did the very same in both.

You can point at the defense, but they were not the last on the field other than when Romo threw picks.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Last team with the ball wins. That is what this game was about. Just like the Broncos game.

Same results, by the way.

And you need to check your assignment of who I like and don't like at the door. I have far tooi many posts on this board suggesting I like Romo a great deal.

I just refuse to make excuses for him like some do. If that hit too close to home for you, I apologize

a HOF coach just basically said you are full of crap. Have a nice day.

wileedog

Reaction score
It comes down to doing his job. Now if the score was GB 37 and Dallas 24, I would agree the defense clearly lost that game.

I can't even argue with this logic so I'm going to stop. Apparently if Romo scored less points, it wouldn't be his fault. I don't know what to do with that.

burmafrd

Reaction score

John Madden is laughing at you. And so is anyone else NOT a Romo hater.