Johnny Cry Me A River Manziel

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Yup.
Johnny Manziel was a bust waiting to happen but the Browns coulda messed up Troy Aikman.

I think it's fair for Johnny to say man I went to the wrong team and situation.
But also fair to say maybe there wasn't a right situation for a guy who was so willfully unprofessional and immature.

Would Manziel have succeeded under Bill B? I am inclined to think so but I think he woulda bombed BIG TIME here.

I am sure glad he didn’t end up here. If Stephen never does another good thing he should be given consideration for ROH just for blocking Johnny lol.

GenoT

Reaction score
Obviously, Johnny wasn’t prepared to be a self-starter in the NFL...so of course he goes to the team that’s the least equipped to give him a kick in the butt, along with the structure he needed.

Talk about a lose-lose situation...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Agree with Peter here......

ttps://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/09/nfl-draft-prospects-gil-brandt-dallas-mmqb-peter-king

7. I think this Johnny Manziel admission to Dan Patrick just really rubbed me the wrong way: “Guys are good in the NFL because they know film, they study hard, and they work even harder in the offseason. I didn’t know that. I feel like if Cleveland did any of their homework, they would have know that I’m a guy that didn’t come in every day and watch film … When I get to Cleveland, I have a quarterback in the room [Brian Hoyer] that’s not helping me. And it’s not really his job to, but nobody was there, helping me. And it was hard. I struggled … There was a lot of winging it, and not a lot of, you know, knowing what I was doing.”

One: It’s not the starting quarterback’s job to help the backup take the job from him. It would be nice if the starter did that, but in my experience, many more starting quarterbacks over time have been okay but not super-helpful to the first-round pick who’s there to put the starter out of business. Two: “Nobody was there, helping me.” What? Dowell Loggains, quarterback coach, and Kyle Shanahan, offense coordinator … They didn’t help? They weren’t there to help? Their office doors were closed? That is, to be charitable, a disingenuous claim by Manziel. To be uncharitable, it is downright lame.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Just think, there was tons of people who wanted Manziel. That was the 2014 draft I think. I think if Jerry had his way, we would have drafted him. We got one of the best OL in the game, though. Even though Jerry admitted it was not a flashy or splashy pick. Manziel in the 1st round would have been a disaster.