Twitter: Jonathan Cooper signs with San Francisco

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Fleming will be to expensive and will return to start for the Pats, but I do see Waddle being signed as the swing tackle. Marcus Martin will be the backup G/C and it's a possibility they take Hernandez at 19 but I would much rather do this.
P19 ILB Vander Esch
P50 S Justin Reid or OG Austin Corbett
P81 FS Jessie Bates lll or OG Braden Smith

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And apparently, it's just a one year deal for the right to compete for a spot.

Wow.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Neither of which is a good thing.

And make note of this.

After the Atlanta meltdown, he never saw the field on offense again.

Not when Bell sucked, and not even when Cooper got hurt in week 17.

Never saw the field again.

And he's still on the team.....so that tells me they still see something there.
Those are personal issues. Your a paid professional and that game against the falcons I’d expect from a guy who we picked up that Thursday leading up to the game who prbly didn’t know even a quarter of the playbook.

What compounded him looking even worse in my opinion was how he didn’t even know where his help was for certain plays. Shows me he didn’t care to study for his career/job.

Sorry no cry me a river story here

Oh no...i'm not saying feel sorry for the guy or cry for him. He may not be able to play in this league. I'm just saying you know that either before that game or after that game. You don't make that decision based on one game.

And what makes matters worse....is that this organization and coaching staff allowed him to look that bad. They refused to give him help earlier on in that game and watched him.

So cry him a river? No. But he's a product of bad coaching and development. I'm willing to place that blame on the coaching staff not him.

tbh, i basically think tsmith is declining fast

He may be. That's something the team needs to determine. But its not because of skill. Its because of his body. If they don't think he can hold up....they need to find his replacement. I don't think that guy is at 19 though.

fansince68

Reaction score
This is awesome. I wasn't too impressed with Coop. I was worried we would resign him because he should come cheap. Coop and Fredbeard got blew up on the regular this past season by powerful 1T (something we don't have). I hope we draft a decent G to develop in round 4 and get a salvageable G in FA for the present, if we can just stop buying helicopters, expensive art work and personalized private planes, we might be able to afford decent players.

:laugh::laugh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
no loss. Addition by subtraction. We likely never offered him a deal because we found his replacement...hence the visits right now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cooper is finesse and fits the scheme in San Fran. I figured we would let him walk. GOOD MOVE.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Cooper was a good guy to have on the roster. A good back up, but not much better than serviceable. It starting to look as if Collins could be headed back to LG.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooper was a good guy to have on the roster. A good back up, but not much better than serviceable. It starting to look as if Collins could be headed back to LG.

I don't even know if I can give this organization that benefit of the doubt. Cooper may simply didn't want to come back here. This team may be moving on from him....it looks that way.....if they get Fleming or one of these tackles that can start for them? I can believe that they are allowing for these moves to happen. But I have a strong feeling they are going to sit here and look crazy if they miss out on Fleming.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This team has HEAVILY invested in their offensive line with Tyron, Fredericks and Martin. The line should be dominate anyway. Factor in stealing Collins? That's essentially 4 young offensive linemen in their primes who were projected 1st round guys and 3 of them are All Pro's.

This team would be moronic to sit there and look at what they have at safety, wide receiver and linebacker and chose with the 19th pick in the draft a linemen. For what? To have a luxury on the offensive line?
Carry on preaching the truth......it's moronic imo to OL in round 1...