Jordan Humphrey is being underrated

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't get it.

Is it because he's so young?

Projected to run a 4.6 40?

This guy is a playmaker and a bigtime redzone threat. He can high point passes and bring in passes in traffic.

He also has YAC ability and is a load to bring down.

He's 6'4 225 and just a big body guy that can work out of the slot and make plays and I've seen lists where he isn't even a top 10 WR in this class.

I just do not get it. What am I missing?

Hes intriguing.

You do like your big body WRs

Catch, arent you one of the guys who thought Equanimous St Brown was a 2nd (or even late 1st) round talent last year? I know there were 3-4 guys pre draft who loved the guy.
Did not quite get that one.....but wouldve maybe grabbed him late

Hardline

Reaction score
If you are looking for a WR that makes simply makes big time plays then Lil Jordan should be strongly considered despite looking for a specific scheme fit or metrics .
His talent justifies a 2nd round pick.
He played just as good or better than Collin Johnson that is going to be a first rounder next season.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
That’s a real exaggeration. He lined up primarily on the outside at Colorado State.

I think he’s the perfect compliment opposite Cooper. If Beasley walks we need a good slot that can work underneath. I don’t pigeon-hole slot receivers to being 5’-9” 180 lbs, but I also don’t see anything in Humphrey that makes me think he could perform as our primary slot.

Cooper can play that role because of his great feet and quickness, but you also want him playing on the outside.
He lined up all over the field. Primarily outside because of his talent but his skill set made it possible for him to line up anywhere to take advantage of mismatches and to create opportunities as well.

I'm a Longhorn fan. He is not a slot receiver. At times he was in the slot but primarily to take advantage of his height. He is not a great route runner and if he does not run well I think he will fall in the draft. IMO he is a poor man's Alshon Jefferies type of a player.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
we really need a small slot WR which if we cant sign beasley or similar, it will be a little after the third round

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hes intriguing.

You do like your big body WRs

Catch, arent you one of the guys who thought Equanimous St Brown was a 2nd (or even late 1st) round talent last year? I know there were 3-4 guys pre draft who loved the guy.
Did not quite get that one.....but wouldve maybe grabbed him late

Yeah I liked him. NFL hated him though.

He finished the year with 21 catches for 330 yards as a 6th rounder.