Joseph draft pick?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Nov 30, 2021.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,804 Messages
    28,440 Likes Received
    Yes, I got that one wrong and have already eaten crow over it. I'm hoping to eat crow over Joseph as well but it doesn't appear that can happen until next season.

CWR and Irvin88_4life like this.
  2. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

21,073 Messages
    24,378 Likes Received
    Well with the top 3 starters in place maybe your expectations is not achievable for young Joseph. I think a full offseason and stay heathy for training camp and preseason would do wonders for him.

At best Joseph is the 4th corner right now, not talent wise but thet aren't benching Brown or Lewis the rest of the season......so my question is what's your expectations right now, realistically knowing he isn't the starter?

By the way i give respect to you for eating crow. Not many will do it......i didn't hate Parsons just thought top 15 was too high and i ate crow as well

3. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,804 Messages
    28,440 Likes Received
    For now, the best I see from Joseph is depth in case one of our other CBs get injured. The scouts saw something in him enough to draft him in the 2nd round so I'm hoping we all get a chance to see it someday.

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  4. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

21,073 Messages
    24,378 Likes Received
    He has the talent of Horn and Surtain and all there athletic abilities to be a lockdown guy. I has had some snaps and hasn't been a liability but it's his rookie year and most of it gone from injury.

CWR and JoeKing like this.
  5. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

5,599 Messages
    12,945 Likes Received
    Trevor Lawrence might turn it around.

Or he might keep playing poorly and be a bust.

6. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

5,883 Messages
    9,793 Likes Received
    The Cowboys management has always claimed that Joseph was raw and it would take time before he was ready to contribute in an impactful way.

Kelvin Joseph was the youngest player taken in the entire draft. It wasn't really his accomplishments in college that attracted the Cowboys, it was his physical talent and the potential. With some good coaching he could be a future star.

7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    72,652 Messages
    151,887 Likes Received
    They practically apologized for drafting Parsons in the press conference that night. Told the world they were taking a cornerback with the next pick and they did.

No other position is treated this way.

conner01 and kskboys like this.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    72,652 Messages
    151,887 Likes Received
    I haven't seen them claim that even once.

9. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

6,724 Messages
    12,203 Likes Received
    I feel like there’s a vocal minority that didn’t like him. Anyone who studied the draft knew who he was and that he was tabbed as a 2nd round guy. Talented and at a position of need, I feel like only those who weren’t aware of him or were wary of disciplinary issues had a problem with the pick.

From a talent and position standpoint he was the right pick, but as of this point there’s really no lengthy discussion to be had. Injury and a global pandemic illness aren’t quite enough for me to be thinking bust.

10. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

4,362 Messages
    7,042 Likes Received
    Way to early to tell

11. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

6,002 Messages
    3,640 Likes Received
    Without Micah, that draft is a train wreck.

kskboys likes this.
  12. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

3,465 Messages
    2,515 Likes Received
    If he wasn't best available, he was close.

13. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

3,322 Messages
    3,227 Likes Received
    I remember in the 2nd round wanting Barmore or Moehrig, hoping to trade up. When they were gone I thought Asante Samuel Jr. made the most sense. Samuel started strong, but has had some ups and downs. Wasn't opposed to OL either, but when the Joseph pick came in I was very surprised. Raw, but talented player that was likely going to have a red shirt year to develop. Still like his potential, but it's going to take time for him to show what he has at this level.

14. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

3,468 Messages
    2,468 Likes Received
    Asante Samuel Jr has a couple of picks this year picked three spots after Joseph . Of course he’s 5’10 and Quinn wants corners 6’0 or taller.

It’s unsettling in this regard the injury factor. Trysten Hill same issue injuries missing large parts of your career so far . Josh Ball another pick injuries don’t know how he’s going to turn out.

And with Carr going bombs away on Thanksgiving just about every series and PI flags thrown around like confetti to get tossed in a ST brawl when you finally take the field and can be utilized .

kskboys likes this.
  15. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

7,138 Messages
    2,981 Likes Received
    Bad pic as always.

GO JJ!

16. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

12,201 Messages
    31,967 Likes Received
    Micah has so much talent he automatically elevates this entire draft class to "phenomenal" level. :D