Josh Ball possible LT of the future

conner01

Reaction score
I'd like to see him actually put some positive live NFL reps together before penciling him in as a future starter. The league is filled with OL picked in the early rounds who don't really pan out as hoped. There's been zero news on him since he injured his ankle prior to preseason. Seems like they are content to leave him on IR all season.
Which means they didn’t think he was ready to play in the NFL and he likely will need some time to develop, if he ever does

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looked around and could barely find any update on Ball. This link from CBS says IR - expected return Week 10. Not sure where they got that.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/DAL/dallas-cowboys/injuries/

FWIW it also has Week 10 expected for Gallimore so I doubt it's very accurate.
the word expected doesn't mean guaranteed and most of the time they come off ir then go into practice in 21 day window for return. Tank and Gallimore should be soon to return..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's hoping we'll get Ball ready to play sooner than later -- we have a dire need for a backup LT with true potential. Help! :grin:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Obviously I'm beyond stoked that we drafted Parsons, but oh man do I sometimes wish we had taken Slater instead. Tyron Smith started in the NFL at age 20 and he's got too many miles.

I don't.

Rather have Micah AND Tyron.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Looked around and could barely find any update on Ball. This link from CBS says IR - expected return Week 10. Not sure where they got that.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/DAL/dallas-cowboys/injuries/

FWIW it also has Week 10 expected for Gallimore so I doubt it's very accurate.

You're right, it seems CBS is pulling this out of the sky. For Ball or Gallimore to return Sunday the Cowboys would have to first designate them for return off IR; and they haven't done that for either yet.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Josh Ball
One of the few disappointments with the draft class was the injury to Josh Ball.
- It is highly likely that without the DV, if Ball had stayed at Florida State, he would have been a 1st round pick.

Steele played RT in college and is much better at RT than LT.

La'el played LT in college, but never appeared to have LT type athleticism.

Josh Ball's body type and style remind me of multi-time All Pro Joe Thomas.
- Both about 6-7 but with thick lower bodies more like an OG.
- Ball appears to have studied Joe Thomas.
- JT was known to have an unorthodox pass blocking style referred to as a shot put style.
- Ball and Joe Thomas both play with a nasty, punch you in the mouth style.
- Obviously, Josh Ball will have to stay out of trouble or all the athletic ability in the world won't matter.

very interesting take xwalker----did not see it from that perspective but i like it....looking forward possibility turns out this way

plasticman

Reaction score
Okay, I am intrigued. However, he's off to a terrible start.

If he had not been injured and showed potential in the preseason games then it would have given some folks an opportunity to look past his personal problems. However, when you add injury problems to personal problems it creates a perception of someone who will always have issues.

He could redeem himself with a breakout season next year and I think he may be given that opportunity. It should be noted that there should be a very good chance the Cowboys will address the issue of LT in the draft with a quality pick. He should have some good draft competition.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, Josh Ball may be a short term band aid at LT or a viable option as a swing tackle. Long term LT? I have serious doubts. I believe the Cowboys need to go into the 2022 draft with LT as a priority.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE....
256252289_4942308735815775_8037452675910794664_n.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Woulda, coulda, shoulda... where is Josh Ball???

10 weeks have gone by already this season. Josh Ball suffered an ankle injury in preseason. He should have been fully healed by now. Where is he? Why hasn't he been heard from or seen by now?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Josh Ball
One of the few disappointments with the draft class was the injury to Josh Ball.
- It is highly likely that without the DV, if Ball had stayed at Florida State, he would have been a 1st round pick.

Steele played RT in college and is much better at RT than LT.

La'el played LT in college, but never appeared to have LT type athleticism.

Josh Ball's body type and style remind me of multi-time All Pro Joe Thomas.
- Both about 6-7 but with thick lower bodies more like an OG.
- Ball appears to have studied Joe Thomas.
- JT was known to have an unorthodox pass blocking style referred to as a shot put style.
- Ball and Joe Thomas both play with a nasty, punch you in the mouth style.
- Obviously, Josh Ball will have to stay out of trouble or all the athletic ability in the world won't matter.

Issac Alacron is a better OT/ OG than him.

Macnalty

Reaction score
The Broncos used the combo blocking that you see Thomas doing here in this video to perfection against us yesterday, we had no answer
We had an answer it was Dak and he was not throwing with any accuracy, so many times this game could of flipped and unfortunately the common denominator was Dak. Old news fingers crossed that he has some things worked out with precision and accuracy for the Falcons. We had WR open all day but no delivery system to get them the ball. It happens coming back from an injury, and it can turn around in one week.
Josh Ball has some things to amend for before everyone gives him a second chance. my two cents