Josh Ball possible LT of the future

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was playing against future accountants, so have to take some of his highlights with a grain of salt. He is definitely athletic. Needs to get stronger. Hopefully he's able to do that while recovering.

ondaedg

Reaction score
We had an answer it was Dak and he was not throwing with any accuracy, so many times this game could of flipped and unfortunately the common denominator was Dak. Old news fingers crossed that he has some things worked out with precision and accuracy for the Falcons. We had WR open all day but no delivery system to get them the ball. It happens coming back from an injury, and it can turn around in one week.
Josh Ball has some things to amend for before everyone gives him a second chance. my two cents

1. Receivers dropped balls
2. Dak didn’t play well
3. Receivers had zero separation from DBs

Didn’t see those wide open receivers you’re talking about. You watch the same game?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
But yeah will be interesting to see if Ball becomes a player in the future. I'm not as concerned about our Tackle depth as others on this site. I think it's more a strength than a weakness, though Steele does scare me out left.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
2. Dak didn’t play well

Didn’t see those wide open receivers you’re talking about. You watch the same game?

You’re not watching the same game. Dak missed a wide open Lamb on a deep pass early in the first half.

blueblood70

Reaction score
2. Dak didn’t play well

just off the top of my head but i can go back and rewatch and find many more,

umm 3 deep balls wide open, the one he threw into Wilsons toe, others. Yes open wrs were missed and many for big plays..its all the above but dont be blind..dak played huge part in the loss and the ZERO the offense put out for 55 mins.the INT was horrible.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I want to see the same lineup twice in row to determine how the group minus TS looks

Steele-cwill-biadsz-martin-LC

if we cant play with that lineup there's bigger issues..

jnday

Reaction score
Collins was never athletic enough to handle LT. And he is less athletic now. He is strong enough though and CW does struggle with his power. But Steele does too. I'd have to imagine CW is better at LT than Steele. I hope the coaches get it corrected.
The coaches have shown that CW will never play OT in Dallas. They refuse to even let him try. When Collins was in shape, he was a very agile OT and he was one of the best LT prospects in his draft class. He would struggle some at LT at this point in his career, but having him at LT is much better than moving multiple players to new positions on the OL.

ondaedg

Reaction score
You’re not watching the same game. Dak missed a wide open Lamb on a deep pass early in the first half.

He had a couple of open receivers for sure. But the original post I was quoting said they were open all game. I rewatched the game and Denver’s DBs played them close most of the game. A few plays and “all game” are very different.

Macnalty

Reaction score
2. Dak didn’t play well

Broncos used a smaller rush and a more dense secondary. In particular, they played mostly Cover 1 man and it gave Dallas panic attacks. The Broncos rushed with four and played tight coverage behind them and dared you to make them pay. Good offenses see this every week and this is not some special mojo. Just going to list you three in the first half to rewatch with a closer eye. Zero separation was never an issue

1Q – 8:12 – fourth-and-2 – DEN 20 – D.Prescott pass incomplete short right to Wilson.
2Q – 11:09 – second-and-7 – DAL 45 – D.Prescott pass incomplete short right to Pollard.
2Q – 11:05 – third-and-7 – DAL 45 – D.Prescott pass incomplete deep left to Lamb

Dak played like you know what, and some balls were not caught, most of this loss is on Dak and his lack of good ball delivery.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Josh Ball
One of the few disappointments with the draft class was the injury to Josh Ball.
- It is highly likely that without the DV, if Ball had stayed at Florida State, he would have been a 1st round pick.

Steele played RT in college and is much better at RT than LT.

La'el played LT in college, but never appeared to have LT type athleticism.

Josh Ball's body type and style remind me of multi-time All Pro Joe Thomas.
- Both about 6-7 but with thick lower bodies more like an OG.
- Ball appears to have studied Joe Thomas.
- JT was known to have an unorthodox pass blocking style referred to as a shot put style.
- Ball and Joe Thomas both play with a nasty, punch you in the mouth style.
- Obviously, Josh Ball will have to stay out of trouble or all the athletic ability in the world won't matter.

Is this your EXPERT analysis? Because last time you told us that Chaz Green was a great young talent.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first 4 are still in the league the last 3 are not.

CHECK.
MATE.
<3
Parnell is 35. When he blew out his knee, he retired.

I always said Free sucked.

I don't know the Torreador reference.

This thread was about ball and he is one of the first 4.

When Tyron, Steele and La'el were all healthy and active for the game, Steele started over La'el.

When Tyron was out they put Steele at the more difficult position (LT) and put La'el at RT.

Summary: You were wrong about everything except the fact the Tyron is better than the others.

Jarntt

Reaction score
While I worry a little why he didn't start at a small school in 2019, I think Ball will be a decent starting NFL RT