Josh Brent wasn't Drinking

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
So when the initial report came out the police report stated he was arrested under suspicion of public intoxication and there was a strong presence of alcohol on his breath, so I don't know why you're lashing out at poeple who were just stating what was known at the time comes from.............And I'm sure Jerry didn't make a phone call to the police chief and or Mayor to get some preferential treatment either, because that never happens, right???(ask Jussie Smollett)

it's almost as if cops lie all the time to justify their own actions.

kskboys

Reaction score
So when the initial report came out the police report stated he was arrested under suspicion of public intoxication and there was a strong presence of alcohol on his breath, so I don't know why you're lashing out at poeple who were just stating what was known at the time comes from.............And I'm sure Jerry didn't make a phone call to the police chief and or Mayor to get some preferential treatment either, because that never happens, right???(ask Jussie Smollett)
I've known of several cases personally where the officer stated that he smelled alcohol on someone's breath, and that person had not been drinking. A relative of mine had 2 beers approximately 1 1/2 hours before the confrontation, and the officer claimed to smell alcohol.

That has become a catchall to give the officer an excuse to confront.

BTW, I am on the cops' side. However, I am completely against the shenanigans that are too often pulled by cops. Allowing such behavior makes it quite difficult for the good cops, of which there are many. I've also seen/heard of such crapp as Reid is describing. If the police want to get their credibility back, the good officers need to start standing up to the bad cops.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

thats the easy way out, right? Couldnt have been over zealous police... had to be Jerry making some calls and getting him off..... smh

kskboys

Reaction score
of course the police report is 100% accurate , right? Dont be so quick to believe police. I am a Marine vet that served in the Gulf War, a HS and Club coach for over 20 years, and a school teacher. Should I have some credibility? I would think so. Ive never been arrested.... yet I have had cops write me a ticket where they 100% lied and knew they were lying, so please dont assume cops are always honest when explaining a series of events.

"Tussling," with offciers in and of itself is a crime....and he was already on probation/parole(not sure which one) which is an automatic lose for the defendant, yet his arrest was withdrawn. Why do you think?
Friend of mine got an infraction, and the cop not only lied, he told my friend that he'd be lying about it.

These are the sorts of actions that other cops need to weed out. Stuff like this happens, it's known by most others.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Have said many, many times, every story has two sides. Amazing how fast we take a one-sided report and go with it as gospel w/o ever hearing the other side's version. Simple rule for from 20+ years, withhold judgment until you hear BOTH sides. Be surprised how a story changes with ALL the facts........

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I've known of several cases personally where the officer stated that he smelled alcohol on someone's breath, and that person had not been drinking. A relative of mine had 2 beers approximately 1 1/2 hours before the confrontation, and the officer claimed to smell alcohol.

That has become a catchall to give the officer an excuse to confront.

BTW, I am on the cops' side. However, I am completely against the shenanigans that are too often pulled by cops. Allowing such behavior makes it quite difficult for the good cops, of which there are many. I've also seen/heard of such crapp as Reid is describing. If the police want to get their credibility back, the good officers need to start standing up to the bad cops.

I just watched a video 2 nights ago of an Insurance adjuster sitting on the side of a road in front of a house. Someone called police and reported a "Suspicous," person. They approached the guy who was in his late 40s, driving a fairly new silverado truck. The guy refused to give the police his ID and even explained to the police the exacy law(citing the numbers) that allowed him to refuse to show police his ID...... long story short, the cop actually called the asst district attorney(this and the call is on the officers video) and the attorney basically tells the cop that the guy is right and he is not required to show any ID.

Now in the mean time, you now have 4 officers, including the chief of police. The Chief is completely pissed because this citizen didnt cow down to him and he tells the officers he wants the guy arrested for "Obstruction." The chief told this to the captian and left. The captain then told it to his officers and he quickly left also because he wanted no part n this. The officer than is told by officer two that the chief said to arrest him... this is after he already was told by the attorney the guy is legally within his rights. The officer says.... well im not doing it. He is not arrested, but three days letter receives a notcie to appear for obstruction of justice ssigned by the chief.

Seriously, if you are ahuge police supporter that is so quick to just assume what they say is the gospel, go watch the video and have your eyes opened.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Friend of mine got an infraction, and the cop not only lied, he told my friend that he'd be lying about it.

These are the sorts of actions that other cops need to weed out. Stuff like this happens, it's known by most others.

Sadly these types only represent about 1-2% but can do enough damage to put a cloud over the entire force.

superonyx

Reaction score
Have become? The opposite. If anything it's getting better. We're not that far removed from hate crimes and witch trials and such.
Maybe us humans have always been this awful to each other then.
People that jumped to assumptions about Brent and came here bashing him will most likely not own up to their mistakes. Another problem us humans have. We prefer to fight for why we are right instead of self evaluating and realizing that we were wrong and we are fallible. At least then there is hope for progress and growth.

Hopefully we can stop being insecure and realize that none of us are that far removed from Josh Brent.

kskboys

Reaction score
I just watched a video 2 nights ago of an Insurance adjuster sitting on the side of a road in front of a house. Someone called police and reported a "Suspicous," person. They approached the guy who was in his late 40s, driving a fairly new silverado truck. The guy refused to give the police his ID and even explained to the police the exacy law(citing the numbers) that allowed him to refuse to show police his ID...... long story short, the cop actually called the asst district attorney(this and the call is on the officers video) and the attorney basically tells the cop that the guy is right and he is not required to show any ID.

Now in the mean time, you now have 4 officers, including the chief of police. The Chief is completely pissed because this citizen didnt cow down to him and he tells the officers he wants the guy arrested for "Obstruction." The chief told this to the captian and left. The captain then told it to his officers and he quickly left also because he wanted no part n this. The officer than is told by officer two that the chief said to arrest him... this is after he already was told by the attorney the guy is legally within his rights. The officer says.... well im not doing it. He is not arrested, but three days letter receives a notcie to appear for obstruction of justice ssigned by the chief.

Seriously, if you are ahuge police supporter that is so quick to just assume what they say is the gospel, go watch the video and have your eyes opened.
I am a supporter of the police in general, however I do not approve of many actions taken by them, and I do not assume anything they say is gospel. The opposite is true, I've found policemen to generally lack knowledge of the law. In a case I was part of, I found out that most police don't even know that there is an error margin on the breathalyzer. Most don't understand that someone who is not a professional cannot accurately give the eye test.

It really PO's me when I see police crossing the line, as it makes it hard for everyone.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Sadly these types only represent about 1-2% but can do enough damage to put a cloud over the entire force.
and exactly what study are you pointing to that claimes only 1-2% of the time this happens or did you just pull that out of thin air? I have had (in my life) 4 different times I have had interactions with police where they lied. I have only had .. maybe 8 interactions with police in my lifetime(evry single one was getting pulled over on the road). That is 50% of my interactions where cops lied.... so where is 2% coming from?

Keep in mind, these were just BS traffic stops where stuff could have quickly spiraled out of control if... excuse me to not sound arrogant, but I am an educated person with a BA in criminal justice that can protect himself when speaking with police probably more than alot of the guys that get stopped on a daily basis. So just imagine how many people that have polcie interactions that do not understand how to deal with police and have no recording of the interaction. Those people are at the MERCY of whatever the officer wants to say or do.

kskboys

Reaction score
People that jumped to assumptions about Brent and came here bashing him will most likely not own up to their mistakes. Another problem us humans have. We prefer to fight for why we are right instead of self evaluating and realizing that we were wrong and we are fallible. At least then there is hope for progress and growth.

Hopefully we can stop being insecure and realize that none of us are that far removed from Josh Brent.
It's been far worse in the past.

It's been slowly, very slowly, improving.

Go check out what we did to the Phillipinos, and to the Chinese in this country in the 1800's.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

this is the best post I will read on this forum today.

kskboys

Reaction score
and exactly what study are you pointing to that claimes only 1-2% of the time this happens or did you just pull that out of thin air? I have had (in my life) 4 different times I have had interactions with police where they lied. I have only had .. maybe 8 interactions with police in my lifetime(evry single one was getting pulled over on the road). That is 50% of my interactions where cops lied.... so where is 2% coming from?

Keep in mind, these were just BS traffic stops where stuff could have quickly spiraled out of control if... excuse me to not sound arrogant, but I am an educated person with a BA in criminal justice that can protect himself when speaking with police probably more than alot of the guys that get stopped on a daily basis. So just imagine how many people that have polcie interactions that do not understand how to deal with police and have no recording of the interaction. Those people are at the MERCY of whatever the officer wants to say or do.
It is a guess, but I'd say offhand that the majority of cops don't put themselves in these BS situations to begin w/.

I know a lot of cops, and most are good decent human beings who try to be fair. I doubt if more than maybe 10-20% are bad cops. However, I maintain my point, that the biggest issue is the good cops defending and lying for the bad cops.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It is a guess, but I'd say offhand that the majority of cops don't put themselves in these BS situations to begin w/.

I know a lot of cops, and most are good decent human beings who try to be fair. I doubt if more than maybe 10-20% are bad cops. However, I maintain my point, that the biggest issue is the good cops defending and lying for the bad cops.
I agree with you100%. Again, I watch a lot of these videos and so many times the other cops do not intervene and stop the others..... butsorry, that makes them bad cops IMO.

I also support police IN GENERAL. How could anyone not support helping people and trying to protect those that need it... I support those concepts, but it is very hard to support POLICE when over and over and over we see Police Officers doing things that are no better than any other criminal. Lieing on reports, lying to people as they interact with them, making up laws that dont exist, berating people as soon as people dont jump up and down as fast as the offcier would liek..... ugh, I could go on forever. This is a very sore subject for me.

In the end, I am glad Josh does not have more legal troubls and even more happy he has the support of the Cowboys to help him get through his issues.

Trendnet

Reaction score
it's almost as if cops lie all the time to justify their own actions.

Don't worry, the'll investigate the offending officer themselves and then find they did nothing wrong.

Just think of that 'paid administrative' leave the office will get, how will he survive on vacation!?!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well folks it turns out Josh Brent wasnt drinking or using any drugs when he was arrested. Its interesting how many of you internet tough guys with stone hearts jumped all over this guy calling for him to be imprisoned, fired ect.......

Now that the true story comes out it seems quiet in here.

You all know who you are. You lashed out publicly towards a man who was suffering from a mental breakdown. How do you feel now that the big shirtless man at Wendy's was suffering form a mental illness?
I'd like to thing that this type of thing will cause some to give a fellow man the benefit of the doubt next time but unfortunately I doubt it. We have become a cold judgmental bunch who prefers to tear each other apart more than empathize with others struggles.

Arrest warrant withdrawn for ex-Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
By JORDAN DAJANIThu Jul 11 2019

Current Dallas Cowboys scout and former defensive lineman Josh Brent is no longer facing arrest for his June 30 arrest.

According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, an arrest warrant for probation violation has been withdrawn. The reason why the warrant was withdrawn wasn't immediately made available, but Calvin Watkins of The Athletic reports that Brent tested clean for drugs and alcohol despite the initial report claiming he was intoxicated.

On the date in question, officers were called to the 800 block of MacArthur Boulevard, where a man was reportedly sitting in the grass and talking to himself. The officers determined the man, Brent, was drunk, and told him that he was going to be arrested on suspicion of public intoxication. He failed to cooperate, a tussle then ensued and Brent had to be tased in order to be subdued.

Brent reportedly admitted to police that he was drunk, when it appeared that he was actually suffering a mental breakdown. He is now undergoing treatment, and Watkins reports that the support from the Cowboys remains strong.

Not to defend those who make demeaning remarks and get carried away in their comments, but he was arrested for public intoxication and, as this story says, "admitted to police that he was drunk." I don't think drawing conclusions based on that information was a far reach.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Not to defend those who make demeaning remarks and get carried away in their comments, but he was arrested for public intoxication and, as this story says, "admitted to police that he was drunk." I don't think drawing conclusions based on that information was a far reach.
I agree with you IF, big IF you believe what is stated in Police Reports. I do not. Police can say he admitted to killing OJs ex wife also.

Proof

Reaction score
Being diabetic, I'm prone to blood sugar crashes that make me act crazy drunk. I'm sure there are other disorders that create a chemical imbalance causing the same outcome.

Ever killed someone driving drunk? If so I’d probably assume you were drunk again. Not because I’m an internet tough guy, but because it’s not much of a logical leap. If I later found out it was a blood sugar issue I’d change my perception like an adult

Proof

Reaction score
I agree with you IF, big IF you believe what is stated in Police Reports. I do not. Police can say he admitted to killing OJs ex wife also.

True. When you see a guy known for irresponsible drinking shirtless fighting police, and the only information presented is that he was again drunk, the responsible move would be to doubt. Lol. Y’all really go through some mental gymnastics to appear above the fray