Josh Gordon retiring for mental health reasons?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Hate responses like this. There is obviously something mentally wrong with Josh Gordon. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand that.

He was smart enough to make it this far without another adult holding his hand. Not completely buying that.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It really makes me wonder if NE over complicates things for themselves. Why did they not grab Cooper or Tate? Does BB think Brady is going to play forever, jeesh go get him a top flight receiver before he retires?
It was a cheap gamble for an All Pro talent..... if it works you have a star..... if not you cut him and move on

lukin2006

Reaction score
It was a cheap gamble for an All Pro talent..... if it works you have a star..... if not you cut him and move on

I realize that, but with a 79-year-old QB, maybe this is not the time to gamble.

joseephuss

Reaction score

They just don't move on. It isn't that simple. They now have to scramble to figure out how to replace his role in the offense. It is similar to losing him to an injury. The Pats as a franchise are better equipped to do so than most other teams although they have been "struggling" a bit on offense. If Dallas were in this situation it would really cripple what they were doing going forward. Losing starters is never a good thing.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
They just don't move on. It isn't that simple. They now have to scramble to figure out how to replace his role in the offense. It is similar to losing him to an injury. The Pats as a franchise are better equipped to do so than most other teams although they have been "struggling" a bit on offense. If Dallas were in this situation it would really cripple what they were doing going forward. Losing starters is never a good thing.
Yes they do..... he wasn't there in Sept and he won't be there in Jan..... they will move on

dfense

Reaction score
Let's all feel
ODD im betting he relapsed and stepping away to avoid embarrassment.. They are in the middle of what his first playoff games ahead and hes playing pretty well and just says goodbye..

Now we know why he went for 5th vs a 1st for Coop..unstable..
Gone fishin with Rolando....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gordon might as well retire he’s used up all his chances.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many "we traded a 1st for Cooper, while the Eagles got Tate for a 3rd, Texans got Dem Thomas for a 4th, and Pats got Gordon for a 5th? This FO sucks" threads/posts I saw.

This is when we need a search bar to dig those types of posts up.

exciter

Reaction score
ODD im betting he relapsed and stepping away to avoid embarrassment.. They are in the middle of what his first playoff games ahead and hes playing pretty well and just says goodbye..

Now we know why he went for 5th vs a 1st for Coop..unstable..
Now we know why he went for a fifth? Thought it was fairly obvious. Surprised NE was dumb enough to even give up that at the time. After as much time as Cleveland had invested and even they were giving up, it should have been a glaring, flashing, pulsating sign to stay away!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Prayers to Josh. The kids has been addicted to drugs since Junior High.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Actually it contributes to some individuals cravings of a harder drug over time of heavy marijuana use.

Do your research.
Spoken like someone who quotes research and has no actual experience. The Ol' Reefer Madness troglodyte contingent.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Spoken like someone who quotes research and has no actual experience. The Ol' Reefer Madness troglodyte contingent.

I googled "individuals that still say Reefer", and search results said......outdated/dont take serious.

:huh:

ghst187

Reaction score
I certainly don’t wish I’ll on Gordon but it Couldn’t happen at a better time to a more deserving franchise.