Josh Gordon retiring for mental health reasons?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Spoken like someone who quotes research and has no actual experience. The Ol' Reefer Madness troglodyte contingent.
It's not addictive..... I smoke it every day and can quit any time

I don't smoke it to get high ..... I use it for pain relief even it costs 100x as much as Advil

kumizi

Reaction score
Let the bum go enjoy his weed. The NFL wont miss him. When he is out of funds he will be begging for another temp gig just to get his next fix.
We shouldn’t allow this kind of scum on this site.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
When was the SCOTUS ruling?
I'm talking about the actual Constitution, not the opinion of a group of men. Their opinions don't change the Constitution. You don't want to go down that rabbit hole because your argument will fail. I think we've had this chat before, or similar, elsewhere.

I will rely on the Constitution (THE LAW of the land), you can rely on a group that has supported atrocities and other clear violations of that document, and plenty of conflicting rulings as well.

But this isn't the place for a civics lesson.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm talking about the actual Constitution, not the opinion of a group of men. Their opinions don't change the Constitution. You don't want to go down that rabbit hole because your argument will fail. I think we've had this chat before, or similar, elsewhere.peer

I will rely on the Constitution (THE LAW of the land), you can rely on a group that has supported atrocities and other clear violations of that document, and plenty of conflicting rulings as well.
Once again .....these are your opinions and they aren't shared by most informed people

skinsscalper

Reaction score
It's not addictive..... I smoke it every day and can quit any time

I don't smoke it to get high ..... I use it for pain relief even it costs 100x as much as Advil
Because it's effective. Advil (naproxen sodium along with Ibuprofen, and acetaminophen) has been proven time and time again to be virtually useless for actual pain relief (they are great fever reducers).

I used to smoke daily for the better part of two decades. Mostly because I chose to catch a buzz. Lately to help with insomnia and chronic knee and back pain. I've quit twice in my life and both times had no problem at all doing it. The first time I quit because I just wasn't into doing it any more. This last time was to look for a new job. This addiction excuse is just that. An excuse. Ignorant people that use the term "fix", when it comes to marijuana, make me want to laugh at their utter ignorance. The ignorant can be educated. The stupid there's no hope for.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I googled "individuals that still say Reefer", and search results said......outdated/dont take serious.

:huh:
Just like I can't take any of your view on the subject serious. You're uneducated on the subject with no credible vantage point to speak from. Go dig up some more "statistics", I suppose.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many "we traded a 1st for Cooper, while the Eagles got Tate for a 3rd, Texans got Dem Thomas for a 4th, and Pats got Gordon for a 5th? This FO sucks" threads/posts I saw.

This is when we need a search bar to dig those types of posts up.
hindsight is always amazing.

Gordon for a 5th was well worth the risk given the guys upside and proven ability. Just an addict who cant overcome yet.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
ODD im betting he relapsed and stepping away to avoid embarrassment.. They are in the middle of what his first playoff games ahead and hes playing pretty well and just says goodbye..

Now we know why he went for 5th vs a 1st for Coop..unstable..
Frankly, Gordon should go down in history as one of the most gifted and physically talented players of all-time.

For those attributing this to drug usage - those with severe mental health issues (depression, bipolar) tend to turn to substances such as booze and weed with astronomical frequency.

I pray for his health, and that this shines more light on those suffering from mental health issues.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Gordon for a 5th was well worth the risk given the guys upside and proven ability. Just an addict who cant overcome yet.
Not necessarily. Those with bipolar or depression turn to booze / weed / harder substances with astronomical frequency.

Let's not blame this on substances yet.

Mental health issues are real. I've seen family members struggle. I have uncles struggling to this day. It isn't a joke.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I was going to play in the NFL but then I got high
I was going to play for 14 years but then I got high
Then I got high.. then I got high ....then I got high

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Just like I can't take any of your view on the subject serious. You're uneducated on the subject with no credible vantage point to speak from. Go dig up some more "statistics", I suppose.

Coming from a guy who gave his opinion just like everyone else today without a link in sight.

Talk about credible!

Hypocrit:muttley:

JustChip

Reaction score

That's seems reasonable on the surface. And one could say the Pats are no worse off today than the day before they acquired Gordon. The problem, though, is that had they not made the Gordon trade, they very well could've and probably would've made alternate arrangements, perhaps a trade for another individual. Now, they've been dealt a blow 2 weeks before the playoffs and have no reasonable path to replace Gordon. It's really very much the same as David Irving. Sure, he's a difference maker when he's available, but you can't have any measure of confidence he will always be available. Or maybe the better way to put it, you can't have any confidence that he won't put the team in a bad spot at any moment, including the week before a playoff game.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Spoken like someone who quotes research and has no actual experience. The Ol' Reefer Madness troglodyte contingent.

+1 for the Reefer Madness reference... and it's priceless that the guy telling people to do their research doesn't even
understand the reference. Oh, the irony... lol.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I find it funny, and slightly annoying, when someone asks for a link or source.
We all have the ability to Google it... like right now. Find it yourself, you aren't doing anything... lol.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I find it funny, and slightly annoying, when someone asks for a link or source.
We all have the ability to Google it... like right now. Find it yourself, you aren't doing anything... lol.

You mean like the person I was responding to!?!

I know right.

Read before respond!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lmao "next fix". You're acting as if weed is like crack or meth. The guy is obviously a complete moron for not staying clean but weed doesnt turn people into crackheads.
people who are addicted to anything, they mostly think about the next fix , especially when they are out.
Everyone is different, some people just cant quit what they are addicted to.

I do wonder what would happen if say a denver player got a prescription for medical pot, what would the nfl do then?
Could the player sue if suspended?