Josh Norman on Dak Prescott: “Anybody can do that”

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
My apologies if this is a repost.

Michael David Smith,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott completed 25 of 32 passes for 405 yards and four touchdowns in Week One, but Washington cornerback Josh Norman was not impressed.

Norman, who will face Prescott on Sunday, credited the Cowboys’ offensive line for giving Prescott plenty of time to throw, and said there’s nothing special about playing the way Prescott played when you have time to wait for a receiver to get open.

“You stand back there in the pocket all day and go through your first, second and third reads and come back to your first one, OK, cool. Anybody can do that,” Norman told the Associated Press. “At the end of the day, he’s been playing well. As you can see, he’s evolved. He’s growing in the system. He’s just taking his keys and picking his targets and throwing the ball on time.”

Prescott became just the third player in NFL history to record a perfect 158.3 passer rating while throwing more than 30 passes in a game. It’s safe to say not just anybody can do that.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score

Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott completed 25 of 32 passes for 405 yards and four touchdowns in Week One, but Washington cornerback Josh Norman was not impressed.

Norman, who will face Prescott on Sunday, credited the Cowboys’ offensive line for giving Prescott plenty of time to throw, and said there’s nothing special about playing the way Prescott played when you have time to wait for a receiver to get open.

“You stand back there in the pocket all day and go through your first, second and third reads and come back to your first one, OK, cool. Anybody can do that,” Norman told the Associated Press. “At the end of the day, he’s been playing well. As you can see, he’s evolved. He’s growing in the system. He’s just taking his keys and picking his targets and throwing the ball on time.”

Prescott became just the third player in NFL history to record a perfect 158.3 passer rating while throwing more than 30 passes in a game. It’s safe to say not just anybody can do that.
BUT,BUT BUT… I saw a Thread that said he was 8th last week in release time in the pocket. He was 30th last year for crying out loud.:huh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

This is very tame for Norman, and mostly complimentary.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Shoot, I bet you could do it right now! Right?
I bet Norman now wishes he was a QB getting that sweet, sweet QB money.

erod

Reaction score
The Giants are awful defensively, and bigger challenges lie ahead. That's true.

But Josh might want to consider that Dak has typically done well against the Commanders.