Josh Norman on Dak Prescott: “Anybody can do that”

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
“You stand back there in the pocket all day and go through your first, second and third reads and come back to your first one, OK, cool. Anybody can do that,” Norman told the Associated Press. “At the end of the day, he’s been playing well. As you can see, he’s evolved. He’s growing in the system. He’s just taking his keys and picking his targets and throwing the ball on time.”.
This is a very reasonable and complimentary comment, so of course they just pull out the "anybody can do that" part. He's saying two true things: (1) give any NFL QB enough time in the pocket and they can do well, and (2) Dak has improved.

I mean, there's obviously some exaggeration in there, but Norman didn't play against Nathan Peterman last year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Whatever.

We're finally on the other end of well orchestrated offense. If that inflates how Dak looks then so be it. A lot of NFL QB's have gotten inflated because of their coaching.

Jared Goff might be out of the league if not for his coach.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody can, almost nobody has. I'm not sure how much it matters as long as Dak does it.

Norman's not the player he used to be, but I still like him. Big mouth, but he's been able to back it up. Let's see how it goes this week, because that DL is going to get some pressure, but that secondary isn't very good.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What I saw was Prescott getting rid of the ball pretty quickly. Not waiting like Norman is saying until someone popped open. The open targets were out there all day. If Norman thinks he is able to cover our guys then he is welcome to be proven otherwise. It's going to be a very long afternoon for him on Sunday.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I don't believe the Giants are as bad as that game. There Oline has improved from last year and Eli actually wasn't that bad he made some nice throws. Their defense had a bad game, but I think we are better than people think and made them look that bad. Bet the Giants will bounce back this weekend and beat the Bills.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, not anybody and not just any NFL QB. There's no denying the Giants D was bad, no pressure and poor coverage but instead of toying with them, Prescott and Moore made them pay. That, is different and most welcome.

Better teams are supposed to win, the Giants have not been picked to be anything by even their own sportswriters. One thing I do know, one game, particularly the first game, doesn't mean much and there are much better teams on the schedule. I'll take the W but no way this is a team that's going to average 35 a game.

Norman needs to keep his mouth shut as he did little to help his team preserve a 17 point halftime lead. Can any QB overcome a 17 point deficit at the half?

roughneck266

Reaction score
My apologies if this is a repost.

Josh Norman on Dak Prescott: “Anybody can do that”

Michael David Smith,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott completed 25 of 32 passes for 405 yards and four touchdowns in Week One, but Washington cornerback Josh Norman was not impressed.

Norman, who will face Prescott on Sunday, credited the Cowboys’ offensive line for giving Prescott plenty of time to throw, and said there’s nothing special about playing the way Prescott played when you have time to wait for a receiver to get open.

“You stand back there in the pocket all day and go through your first, second and third reads and come back to your first one, OK, cool. Anybody can do that,” Norman told the Associated Press. “At the end of the day, he’s been playing well. As you can see, he’s evolved. He’s growing in the system. He’s just taking his keys and picking his targets and throwing the ball on time.”

Prescott became just the third player in NFL history to record a perfect 158.3 passer rating while throwing more than 30 passes in a game. It’s safe to say not just anybody can do that.
I think pretty much anyone can repeatedly get smoked by Desean Jackson too.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Headline matters... smh

Quote itself was very complimentary.
“You stand back there in the pocket all day and go through your first, second and third reads and come back to your first one, OK, cool. Anybody can do that,” Norman told the Associated Press. “At the end of the day, he’s been playing well. As you can see, he’s evolved. He’s growing in the system. He’s just taking his keys and picking his targets and throwing the ball on time.”

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Dak Prescott is 5-1 vs the Skins and Norman. Boys have scored at least 27 in each of those wins on Norman's defense.

Which is a nice way of saying you should shut your damn yapper.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Whatever.

We're finally on the other end of well orchestrated offense. If that inflates how Dak looks then so be it. A lot of NFL QB's have gotten inflated because of their coaching.

Jared Goff might be out of the league if not for his coach.

Yep. Coaching always matters. A solid OC or a solid DC can make their players Pro Bowlers. A bad one can make players look pathetic.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
If Norman’s legs ran as fast as his mouth, Desean Jackson wouldn’t have been blowing by their secondary last week.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Amari has the foot problem.

Watch out for scumbag Norman to twist Amari’s ankles after a tackle like he did to Dez years ago.

Norman is overrated and a dirty player. Screw him.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
giphy.gif