Josh Norman on Dak Prescott: “Anybody can do that”

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My apologies if this is a repost.

Michael David Smith,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott completed 25 of 32 passes for 405 yards and four touchdowns in Week One, but Washington cornerback Josh Norman was not impressed.

Norman, who will face Prescott on Sunday, credited the Cowboys’ offensive line for giving Prescott plenty of time to throw, and said there’s nothing special about playing the way Prescott played when you have time to wait for a receiver to get open.

“You stand back there in the pocket all day and go through your first, second and third reads and come back to your first one, OK, cool. Anybody can do that,” Norman told the Associated Press. “At the end of the day, he’s been playing well. As you can see, he’s evolved. He’s growing in the system. He’s just taking his keys and picking his targets and throwing the ball on time.”

Prescott became just the third player in NFL history to record a perfect 158.3 passer rating while throwing more than 30 passes in a game. It’s safe to say not just anybody can do that.
Josh Norman, fastest mouth on the field. Keep talkin',

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score

Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott completed 25 of 32 passes for 405 yards and four touchdowns in Week One, but Washington cornerback Josh Norman was not impressed.

Norman, who will face Prescott on Sunday, credited the Cowboys’ offensive line for giving Prescott plenty of time to throw, and said there’s nothing special about playing the way Prescott played when you have time to wait for a receiver to get open.

“You stand back there in the pocket all day and go through your first, second and third reads and come back to your first one, OK, cool. Anybody can do that,” Norman told the Associated Press. “At the end of the day, he’s been playing well. As you can see, he’s evolved. He’s growing in the system. He’s just taking his keys and picking his targets and throwing the ball on time.”

Prescott became just the third player in NFL history to record a perfect 158.3 passer rating while throwing more than 30 passes in a game. It’s safe to say not just anybody can do that.

The bitterness and fear are deep with one, Obi-wan.

adamknite

Reaction score
In my extensive research... *cough*wikipedia*cough*, I've seen where a perfect passer rating has only happened 74 times in the history of the NFL... I've used this painstaking detective work to come to a few conclusions...

1. Clearly "not everyone" can do it.
2. Lamar Jackson did it the same week against a clearly gutted and a very possibly 0-16 Dolphins. I get that he said it about Dak because we are playing them this week, but still... "can anybody do it" because Lamar Jackson did against a crapfest like the Dolphins?
3. Dak still had to make the throws and the right decisions so.... whatever?
4. Josh Norman is an idiot who runs his mouth for attention.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Norman has no business running his trap about ANYTHING,especially Dak. He was torched the last time we played him. He is overrated and washed up. He wouldn't even start on our team. We have 4 corners that are better than him...even Anthony Brown. Dak will make him wish he hadn't been stupid and said this come Sunday. I CANNOT WAIT.:oldcouple:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Norman and 'ol BJ in Cleveland are the two most annoying and out-of-touch guys in the league. Wait, probably throw Ramsey in that hat also.
YUP , 2 blowhards that no longer can back up anything they spew from their mouths. TWO MENTAL MIDGETS of the "special kind."

CWR

Reaction score
I wish Norman good luck covering Cooper on Sunday. I'm sure he'll have plenty of help deep....

Yep, gonna be a bit different covering Coop than Dak. He may want to simmer down.

exciter

Reaction score

Exactly what is he supposed to say "we're doomed" might as well not show up?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I'm looking forward to Dez dunking on this after the game.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The Skins front 7 is very solid... but they will take a step back without Allen obviously. Our OL needs to step up because they will be really aggressive on Sunday

Their secondary though? Susceptible even when they are healthy. With as many dudes hurting as they have right now? Man— Norman would have been better served throwing bouquets instead of shade at Dak lol

If he has time again on Sunday... he may throw for 700 yards against that secondary lol

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The Skins front 7 is very solid... but they will take a step back without Allen obviously. Our OL needs to step up because they will be really aggressive on Sunday

Their secondary though? Susceptible even when they are healthy. With as many dudes hurting as they have right now? Man— Norman would have been better served throwing bouquets instead of shade at Dak lol

If he has time again on Sunday... he may throw for 700 yards against that secondary lol
They still pace the offense and slow down with a lead so...
700 yards probably won't happen.

cowboyec

Reaction score
thats what QBs say after every TD pass thrown vs that skins secondary.
thats what WRs say about goin deep vs that bunch.

keep talkin' chump...keep talkin'...

:starspin:SUNDAYS COMIN':starspin: