Josh Norman on Dak Prescott: “Anybody can do that”

Techsass

Reaction score
No, not anybody and not just any NFL QB. There's no denying the Giants D was bad, no pressure and poor coverage but instead of toying with them, Prescott and Moore made them pay. That, is different and most welcome.

Better teams are supposed to win, the Giants have not been picked to be anything by even their own sportswriters. One thing I do know, one game, particularly the first game, doesn't mean much and there are much better teams on the schedule. I'll take the W but no way this is a team that's going to average 35 a game.

Norman needs to keep his mouth shut as he did little to help his team preserve a 17 point halftime lead. Can any QB overcome a 17 point deficit at the half?
The silver lining is that we typically start the season kind of flat. It usually takes us a few games to get going.

catiii

Reaction score
“You stand back there in the pocket all day and go through your first, second and third reads and come back to your first one, OK, cool. Anybody can do that,” Norman told the Associated Press. “At the end of the day, he’s been playing well. As you can see, he’s evolved. He’s growing in the system. He’s just taking his keys and picking his targets and throwing the ball on time.”.

We can rationalise this quote all day and speculate about whether it was complimentary or not. But it was simply WRONG. Period. (see bold). If anybody can do that, then why don't they?
I'd say he's not simply "growing in the system," but he's already arrived.
"At the end of the day" Norman, you tried to minimize Dak' accomplishment - and FAILED. Adding a backhanded compliment won't change that.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
“You stand back there in the pocket all day and go through your first, second and third reads and come back to your first one, OK, cool. Anybody can do that,” Norman told the Associated Press. “At the end of the day, he’s been playing well. As you can see, he’s evolved. He’s growing in the system. He’s just taking his keys and picking his targets and throwing the ball on time.”.

We can rationalise this quote all day and speculate about whether it was complimentary or not. But it was simply WRONG. Period. (see bold). If anybody can do that, then why don't they?
I'd say he's not simply "growing in the system," but he's already arrived.
"At the end of the day" Norman, you tried to minimize Dak' accomplishment - and FAILED. Adding a backhanded compliment won't change that.

Catiii, Id say that question just about says just about everything that needs to be said. :muttley:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Thats not even what happened. Dak was hitting his first, second and third options immediately. Yes the blocking was good but he wasn't hesitant at all. His passes were accurate too. Dak has gotten better every year and this year looks like it may be his biggest and best jump from the last.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Throwing passes behind WRs, SMH. This guy.

I told y'all about Dak

Y'all got happy over a Giants win

Tenkamenin

Reaction score

Such a beautiful play all the way around, the protection, the footwork, the throw, Norman several steps behind.......

giphy.gif

Last edited: