Jourdan Lewis got beat like a drum all day

Cebrin

Reaction score
Because its easier for people to blame Jaylon.
I love Jaylon the person, and the player he should have been. I just haven't seen the guy we saw before the injury. He is quick to get to the spot he needs to be, but often can't maneuver himself into position to get the tackle due to that knee.

I hope in the future he proves me wrong, because I'd love for him to get there. I just don't have much hope for it.

Blue64

Reaction score
Got beat like a drum all day. Why are people talking about Jaylon and not him? It wasnt clear Jaylon was in the wrong with his play. Lewis was CLEARLY getting torched
Time to get a certain playmaker back there, maybe he’s a negative influence blah, blah but he will at least shore up a pathetic unit

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Yep, secondary should be up for discussion much more than Jaylon. I guess we can also talk about the lack of sacks too.

A guy with 52,000 career passing yards and 2 amazing receivers lit up a defense in their second game with a new coach after a COVID offseason.

Let’s reevaluate at mid season.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The whole defense got beat like a drum all day. Lewis coming off an injury is like kinda down on the ladder of who I am picking on. They all sucked until further notice. Only Joe Thomas gets any kudos from me.
Hill and A. Smith played well also.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The entire defense wasn't very good. There were moments when one group did very well and made plays, but it's typically the result of the entire unit. When there's pressure up front, the QB has to get rid of it faster giving the secondary an opportunity from a rushed throw. When the secondary plays tight coverage it gives the DL an opportunity and more time to get to the QB. And the linebackers are a little of both, though I noticed the intermediate middle was also wide open.
This game illustrated how good the offense can be and that our special teams is heads and shoulders better, minus some returns. We can't give up 40 points and expect to win games often.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Got beat like a drum all day. Why are people talking about Jaylon and not him? It wasnt clear Jaylon was in the wrong with his play. Lewis was CLEARLY getting torched
If that's true then how did we overcome a 20 pt deficit to win. Stop lying.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you expect? He’s short and slow. You can’t expect a corner who runs 4.54 to be good unless the refs allow them to hold every play like Regis and Sherman. Plus, he’s 5’10 with a average vertical. He can only be successful with safety help.
How good are Regis and Sherman without being allowed to hold? I hate preferential treatment. If you"re so good you don't need rules that make it easier for you.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I think the best plan for criticizing the defense is to pick the players that actually played well and then call out the rest of them. Should be way quicker!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
A guy with 52,000 career passing yards and 2 amazing receivers lit up a defense in their second game with a new coach after a COVID offseason.

Let’s reevaluate at mid season.

I agree its definitely early and the secondary is just figuring things out without a full off season. Like you I would think we we would see continuous improvement under the new system. Just way too many blown coverages not to notice and talk about how those things get corrected.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
They all were. Worley is fairly useless out there too. Diggs was decent but he got lucky on that weird play where Jones dropped an easy TD.

To be honest, it was a perfectly thrown ball that many CBs would have likely had trouble with. Sure glad Jones dropped it, though. ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I was much relieved to see the defense make adjustments in the 2nd half to help us catch up and overtake them.

We must give due credit. Hopefully, the change in coaching will allow the players to adjust to their different ways.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
To be honest, it was a perfectly thrown ball that many CBs would have likely had trouble with. Sure glad Jones dropped it, though. ;)

He got beat off the line because he was confused that Ryan wasn't at QB and I assume just thought they were running some sort of wildcat play.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you know his Jersey number?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Ridley's 1st TD - Awuzie

His 2nd was against Worley

5: 00 minute mark in the vid.............Looks like 28 to me

Lol, it's absolutely 26.

Worley wore the gaiter over his face the entire game too, that's missing.

Blue64

Reaction score
I was much relieved to see the defense make adjustments in the 2nd half to help us catch up and overtake them.

We must give due credit. Hopefully, the change in coaching will allow the players to adjust to their different ways.
News flash the defense didn’t do much except losing that useless D-Laugh to injury. The falcons pretty much did it to themselves and more of the offense playing hurry up and not allowing their defense time.

A few players played out of this world but no one on the defense
this unit is broken