Julio Jones traded to Titans

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
its still the afc which has several good teams and good quarterbacks in it if rodgers goes there will be a really tough conference who ever wins the championship game is probable a shoe in to win the superbowl

InTheZone

Reaction score
Cowboys like their guys so much they just spent a whole draft and free agency replacing defensive starters. How much turnover did you want?
someone's gotta get drafted...but my hope from M&M was that he would take his 2nd year (first full year) to make necessary changes and for the most part we're seeing that. Last year was more of use what you have, this year is draft for need, which is what we want. Smith and co are bad and their days are numbered.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Are you trying to imply that I wanted the Cowboys to go after Jones? Because I did not say that at all and I don't see how one could even come to that conclusion.

I simply said that the Titans are an already good team that is trying to get better and I wished the Cowboys would follow that design. That's it. Why is that an issue?
Ole blue blood likes him some strawman arguments...

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
But he will be traded to the Raiders....muahahahahahahaha

he wants to go to the raiders, Hes from the west coast. They were on his rumored shortlist. They went 8-8 with 2 of the best qbs in their division… add A-rod to that and they’d be pretty stout

Flamma

Reaction score
its still the afc which has several good teams and good quarterbacks in it if rodgers goes there will be a really tough conference who ever wins the championship game is probable a shoe in to win the superbowl

You're right about the AFC. They're loaded with good teams. But all it takes is one NFC team to be better. And Tampa, or any NFC team only has to beat one of those AFC teams.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are correct we did not need him, but what you said above isn't entirely accurate. You said his stats tell you he's in decline. Well, he only played 9 games. If he had played 15-16 games (like he did the prior 6 seasons) he was on pace for 91 catches and 1,370 yards. That tells me he missed time because he was injured, not because he was in decline. Will just have to wait and see how he comes back from it (was only a hamstring though).

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/news/1623794/julio-jones/
"Julio Jones (hamstring) has been ruled out for Sunday's regular-season finale against the Buccaneers, Jason Butt of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports... Jones ultimately wasn't able to demonstrate enough progress to get the green light for the season finale. He'll close out the 2020 season with four straight missed games, but before that he produced at an elite level, nabbing 51 receptions for 771 yards and three touchdowns over nine appearances. Still, injuries kept Jones from extending a streak of six consecutive Pro Bowl appearances, while he was also held under 1,300 receiving yards for the first time since 2013."

The above said, I completely agree with the rest of your post.

sorry you dont get to project numbers like Dak if you are out you are out and that age and yes it means in decline..period and who the phack cares anyway again this thread has ZERO to do with us or the DC seriously..

blueblood70

Reaction score
If getting a 2 and a 4 for a 6 seems like acquiring a 3 to you I blame your teachers.
i explained why if you dont understand trades are not just number values and requires one , where in that round are they picked ,who gets picked, and how the picks actually play..

you have to use that to determine actual value..i put 3 on it given all the possible factors..

blueblood70

Reaction score
So glad Julio didnt go to the Skins, thought for sure they would be a player, yet they do have generated cap room so there is something brewing there potentially.
We can all gladly dismiss Julio now, one less HOF dominating WR in the conference to deal with, but Arod to WFL is stinking up the room,, we do not want to see that happen.

speaking on cap room , the NFL should not allow trade to a team who at the time of the trade cant afford the player..the TT have under 3mil..hmm talk about bad math, thats not possible. They will be allowed to make moves to find way to get under cap..

i guess that new term ill coin cap credit..lol

btw the WFYT never would be in play the ATL said no way they make trade in the NFC...

Lutonio

Reaction score
The Titans needed this after losing their No. 2 and No. 3 receivers in free agency.

This is a big win for them if Jones can stay healthy and perform for about 2 or 3 more years. I would be more worried about health and staying on the field than I would his level of play.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That stat line is great for a team that leans on their RB.
No doubt

A TD-turnover differential of 26 is insane
Plus, like the year before, he was at or near the top in QB rating.

Tannehil is better than some think