Julio Jones traded to Titans

blueblood70

Reaction score
There seems to be quite a few who have reading comprehension problems on this forum
must be you and mountain LMAO because the rules of this site state only DC related posts allowed in this area yet those that cant read nor comprehend continue to do so..

also the post itself I responded to from ole making mountain out of a little molehill was just crybaby hater post, a holow shot at the DC ovr really nothing..
it was simply throwing a tantrum..

now go back and take timeout until you figure it out

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't get that. Not if Watkins balls out and helps the Ravens to a SB at 1/3 the price.
I think Julio's ceiling for what he can do next season and his floor are just higher than Watkins. Watkins really has had a subpar career and seem to do well in Reid's offense as the 3rd or 4th option.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dez was amazing in the red zone
So good at the back shoulder pass and a powerful runner
Julio just doesn’t have the red zone skills you’d expect from an elite receiver
I don’t know if it’s he’s skill set, scheme or what, but between the 20’s he’s an all time great but in the red zone he just fades
Yeah Dez had a gift for that. I think a lot of people take that for granted. It just seems like Julio should be good in that area too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you did see the titans light it up in the air last year, no?
What about my statement says that the Titans didn't light teams up last year? Titans were 3rd in the league last year in run to pass ratio behind the Patriots and Ravens....not sure where the confusion lies for you?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He prefaced his remark with: “if we do have a good season”.... so you think last year was a good season?
No but its clear this front office thought they had a good team last year but because of injuries they underachieved.....and they also blame training camp.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Julio traded to the Titans. Zeke gets suspended for 6 games. Championship!

Loso86

Reaction score
Doing nothing works even less.
I can digg that answer, the best addition we made was Quinn. Let's see what happens. Sad thing is EVERYTIME a known name player gets traded our fans say we should've could've. When it doesn't work out alot of times

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
dang i like the titans. they do a good mix of smash mouth football, skill, + nasty defense.

they are a real super bowl contender!
Nasty defense??? they were the 28th ranked defense last year, giving up 6372 yds and 439 points. They managed 19 sacks all season and gave up 52% 3rd down conversions, which was worst in the league.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Yeah that's BS. The player controls nothing. You play or you retire.
That is an extremely simplistic view of things. Julio "controlled" things by refusing to play knowing there are teams who want his services. Atlanta is not going to not trade him just to make a point when they can get something for a guy who won't suit up for you anymore.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is an extremely simplistic view of things.

Because it's a simple issue. A player under contract controls nothing. They have no power unless they are given it by the front office. The Falcons chose to do it. They didn't have to do it.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yeah that's BS. The player controls nothing. You play or you retire.

I mean if you prioritize putting players in their place, this is a great way to go about doing it, but I think it made sense to trade him. For starters, he's 32 now and turns 33 at some point around the Super Bowl. They aren't going to be competitive any time soon, especially with 36 year old Matt Ryan. And they have no real cap space to improve. Just move on. I think they could have gotten a better pick, I don't, maybe a second that *could* reach a first if Julio goes for 1000+ yards and they make the AFC Title Game

Big_D

Reaction score
The Titans were already a problem regardless, but now they become a bigger threat.

I always get jealous to see already good teams try and get better. That's why this franchise can't get out of it's own way. If we do have a good season we don't try to improve on it. We "like our guys" too much.

Don't remember the Galloway trade or Roy Williams? When Jerry does this it's a disaster?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean if you prioritize putting players in their place, this is a great way to go about doing it, but I think it made sense to trade him. For starters, he's 32 now and turns 33 at some point around the Super Bowl. They aren't going to be competitive any time soon, especially with 36 year old Matt Ryan. And they have no real cap space to improve. Just move on. I think they could have gotten a better pick, I don't, maybe a second that *could* reach a first if Julio goes for 1000+ yards and they make the AFC Title Game

I want to prioritize not letting players dictate personnel moves.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fair enough, my overall point was the priority should be on winning and I think dealing a 32 year old receiver for a 2nd and 4th puts you in a better position.

I dont. They had a chance to contend with a freakish set of weapons.

But really that's besides the point. The point is a player under contract has zero power. If a bad front office gives them any that's on them. I'd have dared Julio to retire.

Flamma

Reaction score

But really that's besides the point. The point is a player under contract has zero power. If a bad front office gives them any that's on them. I'd have dared Julio to retire.

I don't know about the Julio situation, Atlanta might welcome this. But what you said is exactly what I would have done with Watson before the allegations. Call his bluff. Let's see if he wants to sit all those years.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nope. They are still going to make Tannenhill beat them. I'd rather lose by his arm than allowing Henry to run all over me which he will probably do anyway lol.

Problem is...Tannehill can do it. He is not a bad QB. He's very efficient.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

And if he retired? Moral victory, I suppose?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if he retired? Moral victory, I suppose?

Yes. A victory. I haven't set a precedence that the players dictate the personnel moves.

Btw, there's a 0.0% chance he'd retire. Another victory. The winning just keeps coming.