Julius Jones

Verdict

Reaction score
I know this subject has been beaten to death for an eternity, but it just makes me so happy to discuss it I can't help myself. Every time that I see Julius Jones take the handoff and run straight into the back of one of his SEATTLE linemen and then immediately fall on the ground in a semi-fetal position, I can't help but laugh at Seattle for signing him, and smile that we let him go.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
He's averaging 4.8 yards per carry, and is 11th in the league in rushing. He must be running into these lineman 5 yards down field.

QT

Reaction score
I want to see Julius play the rest of the East before making final judgement on him. Last game against the Giants, he had 3.6 yards per carry. His long was 8 yards.

So far (before the Giant), i'm thinking he's playing against weak teams thus he's doing well. We will see...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
JJ is a decent RB. That's fair and that's all. Too bad. I refuse to believe there wasn't more there at one point.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
What happened to Julius? I was so excited for the boys after his first season. He had alot of great games in 04. After a couple of years of nothing i'm happy we let him go for 2 reasons. First, he just wasn't producing. Second, isn't he a Commanders fan.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Verdict;2319360 said:
I know this subject has been beaten to death for an eternity, but it just makes me so happy to discuss it I can't help myself. Every time that I see Julius Jones take the handoff and run straight into the back of one of his SEATTLE linemen and then immediately fall on the ground in a semi-fetal position, I can't help but laugh at Seattle for signing him, and smile that we let him go.

you do realize that right now he's having arguably a better yr than Marion Barber right? And Seattle is a pretty lousy team right now.

Time to move on people, there's no reason to keep slamming Julius Jones anymore.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
JJ is a good back who showed us some brilliance early in his career.

He is however a guy who needs to be THE guy - he is best when he's getting a ton of carries. Perhaps that suggests he needs the ball a few more times than most starters to figure out the D. Once he started sharing the ball, he didn't play well.

Of course, he's just not good enough to be the guy who gets 25 touches. So that really is all there is.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Verdict;2319360 said:

Your post tells me you haven't seen Julius at all.
I'm not here to defend him and will admit I liked the kid (Golden Domer) but this post is pure BS.

If you're laughing at Seattle for signing him, you need to raise the bar a smidge.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Verdict;2319360 said:

Remember the better he performs, potentially the higher the comp pick we get in return.

Just saying...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
dbair1967;2319598 said:
you do realize that right now he's having arguably a better yr than Marion Barber right? And Seattle is a pretty lousy team right now.

Time to move on people, there's no reason to keep slamming Julius Jones anymore.

Completely agree. I never understand the point.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Did you notice that he has 373yds rushing this season to Marion's 395? Did you notice that he's played in 4 games to Marion's 5 so far?

Jones is avg'ing 93yds/game, Barber is avg'ing 79yds/game.

He's actually not doing too bad up there. I think we just weren't the right fit/system for his style maybe.

JRid21

Reaction score
CowboyMark;2319546 said:
What happened to Julius? I was so excited for the boys after his first season. He had alot of great games in 04. After a couple of years of nothing i'm happy we let him go for 2 reasons. First, he just wasn't producing. Second, isn't he a Commanders fan.

He said it was Bill Parcell's changing his running style. My opinion he put on way too much muscle and it affected his cuts and slashing style he showed his rookie year. I mean it might just be me but he looks a lot bigger than his rookie year.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
parcells316;2319395 said:
He's averaging 4.8 yards per carry, and is 11th in the league in rushing. He must be running into these lineman 5 yards down field.

:laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
JRid21;2319723 said:
He said it was Bill Parcell's changing his running style. My opinion he put on way too much muscle and it affected his cuts and slashing style he showed his rookie year. I mean it might just be me but he looks a lot bigger than his rookie year.

I said the same thing IOWs at some point. The other thing that affects players is muscle length and stretching to keep fluid.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You people over think things.

Teams figured him out. It's that simple. Teams in Seattle's division will also figure him out (and how the seahawks use him) and he'll get shut down again.

Route 66

Reaction score
If we add Felix's 9.0 YPC, then it blows away anything JJ has done.

Verdict

Reaction score
dbair1967;2319598 said:

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it, does it still make a sound? Moreover, if Julius Jones, wearing a Seahawks uniform, runs in the back of his lineman, and falls down, does that mean it did not happen if a Cowboys fan was not there to witness it?

DALLAS D

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2319721 said:
Did you notice that he has 373yds rushing this season to Marion's 395? Did you notice that he's played in 4 games to Marion's 5 so far?

Jones is avg'ing 93yds/game, Barber is avg'ing 79yds/game.

He's actually not doing too bad up there. I think we just weren't the right fit/system for his style maybe.

Ya we actually have defenses that can stop the run. Let julius play against tough rivalry such as the eagles, who can stop the run, then tell me julius is better... b.s

Kilyin

Reaction score
Seattle plays in the weakest, softest division in football.