Junior Galette caught beating a woman with belt, 2 game susp. why not 6?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Let's see what happens with Jamis Winston too. Another he said, she said, but if the NFL sticks with it's line about believing the victim, Winston has to get a big suspension. sexually assaulting a woman and grabbing her crotch is an assault. Records show it was reported to Uber way back when it happened, and they removed him from the Ap....so now what will the NFL do?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
As an aside, people jumped all over Mack Brown for not offering Winston. Winston said that if Texas would have offered him, he would have gone to Texas. You can really make a good case that that was the primary reason Mack was let go at Texas. It's fairly common knowledge that Mack didn't like the stuff surrounding Winston. Texas knew that there were incidents around women and Winston. It's looking more and more like Mack probably was right about that one. JMO

punchnjudy

Reaction score
For the attorney here:

I'm just curious. In a he said/she said matter similar to Winston's, has the NFL put itself in a position where, if they choose not to punish the player, the victim could sue the league for, in effect, damaging her reputation in the court of public opinion? In other words, by not issuing a penalty, they're sending the message that her story wasn't credible even if they don't explicitly state that.

I know people can sue for anything, but would that type of lawsuit be credible now that they're determining guilt/innocence?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Because he's not a Dallas Cowboy......once again not consistant in his disciplines....seems to be based on his mood on that particular day........I wonder what Jameis Winston will get.

Reaction score
Because he's not a Dallas Cowboy......once again not consistant in his disciplines....seems to be based on his mood on that particular day........I wonder what Jameis Winston will get.
It will be interesting to see what happens. Winston does have a dubious history going back to Florida State.

Would not surprise me if he gets off scott free though.

CWR

Reaction score
Do not inject facts into this discussion. Just go along with the Anti-Cowboys conspiracy and no one will get hurt.

Jan 5, 2015
  • Mike TriplettESPN Staff Writer
METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints linebacker Junior Galette was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of simple battery involving domestic violence for allegedly pushing a woman to the ground while trying to get her to leave his home, police said Monday in a news conference.

What were you saying again?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

ok we all know how goodell suspended zeke for 6 games without evidence, but here is junior gaulette beating a woman with a belt, and he is only suspended 2 games, why not 6 games like zeke was?

if not in a relationship, it is not domestic violence so Goodie can say who cares

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

ok we all know how goodell suspended zeke for 6 games without evidence, but here is junior gaulette beating a woman with a belt, and he is only suspended 2 games, why not 6 games like zeke was?

What a bunch of moronic animals. They should throw them all in jail for a year just for being and staying around that mess.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jan 5, 2015
  • Mike TriplettESPN Staff Writer
METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints linebacker Junior Galette was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of simple battery involving domestic violence for allegedly pushing a woman to the ground while trying to get her to leave his home, police said Monday in a news conference.

What were you saying again?
Yea that was after the Ray Rice incident.

CWR

Reaction score
Yea that was after the Ray Rice incident.

Exactly, Im waiting to hear why this was acceptable especially after his first DV was already in the books. But I guess Im an idiot for pointing out bias. Theres a dozen more or so examples.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Exactly, Im waiting to hear why this was acceptable especially after his first DV was already in the books. But I guess Im an idiot for pointing out bias. Theres a dozen more or so examples.

1. You have to first prove this was him.
2. This was in 2013.
3. This is not DV...it's just V.