Just 18 months ago Chip Kelly left the Eagles a complete mess

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
And now they are steamrolling the league at 9-1. The GM was able to unload huge contracts on other teams and hoodwinked the Vikings in giving up their #1 pick and the Dolphins into moving up in the draft. I despise the Eagles as much as anyone but have to give credit where credit is due. Meanwhile Vegas had us second to New England in going to the SB to on the verge or not making the playoffs or possibly not even having a winning record....unreal.

Sorry I must be groggy, misspelled months in the title.

Jerryrage

Reaction score
Good drafting, new coaching can do wonders. Look at our 2015 draft.. With that said, I am going to bed.............

1 27 Byron Jones CB Connecticut
2 60 Randy Gregory DE Nebraska
3 91 Chaz Green OT Florida
4 127 Damien Wilson LB Minnesota
5 163 Ryan Russell DE Purdue
7 236 Mark Nzeocha LB Wyoming
7 243 Laurence Gibson OT Virginia Tech
7 246 Geoff Swaim TE Texas

visionary

Reaction score
The eagles have a full time GM whose job depends on making the team better

We have a GM who is busy fighting the NFL, tying to make more money for his family and bringing in concerts and other shows to the stadium. Wining a SB is not his priority

Sydla

Reaction score
Good drafting, new coaching can do wonders. Look at our 2015 draft.. With that said, I am going to bed.............

1 27 Byron Jones CB Connecticut
2 60 Randy Gregory DE Nebraska
3 91 Chaz Green OT Florida
4 127 Damien Wilson LB Minnesota
5 163 Ryan Russell DE Purdue
7 236 Mark Nzeocha LB Wyoming
7 243 Laurence Gibson OT Virginia Tech
7 246 Geoff Swaim TE Texas

The sad thing, is that they haven't really killed it in some drafts themselves.

But as noted, they have a legit franchise QB, they appear to have a very good head coach and their GM is creative in how he used FA and trades to improve. I mean think about it. He was able to dumb Maxwell and Alonso and that eventually netted them Wentz. He traded an average slot WR and a 3rd rounder for a legit high talent CB in Darby. And he fixed a DT spot by taking Jernigan from the Ravens by simply swapping 3rd round picks.

That's creativity and smarts right there, something Jerry has never, ever shown.

We may not have a franchise QB, our head coach is mediocre at best, and our GM and son continue to build this team with a mishmash approach.

RS12

Reaction score
The Eagles have a professional FO that is held accountable by an owner that knows his limitations. The Cowboys have senile old billionaire accountable to nobody, playing fantasy football. It shows on the field.

visionary

Reaction score
The Eagles have a professional FO that is held accountable by an owner that knows his limitations. The Cowboys have senile old billionaire accountable to nobody, playing fantasy football. It shows on the field.

The sad part is the a big part of this fan base STILL does not see who Jerry and Jason are

waving monkey

Reaction score
And now they are steamrolling the league at 9-1. The GM was able to unload huge contracts on other teams and hoodwinked the Vikings in giving up their #1 pick and the Dolphins into moving up in the draft. I despise the Eagles as much as anyone but have to give credit where credit is due. Meanwhile Vegas had us second to New England in going to the SB to on the verge or not making the playoffs or possibly not even having a winning record....unreal.

Sorry I must be groggy, misspelled months in the title.
valid point

stiletto

Reaction score
McVey man. Jerry should absolutely NOT think that getting another staff in here would ruin everything. It doesn't have to. You just gotta get someone good that the players get behind. It can change everything. God I wish he would've hired Zimmer 8 years ago.....but that's just me.

RS12

Reaction score
The sad part is the a big part of this fan base STILL does not see who Jerry and Jason are
I am seeing more and more die hards throw in the towel here lately. Its finally sinking in. I am having a harder time figuring out who is the bigger fraud, the coach or GM?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's amazing what they've done. They've had so many hits in that time it's not funny.

Despite the *** kicking, they aren't an unbeatable team, though. But they're damn good, all over.

Sad thing is, I actually like most of their personnel. And I envy the depth of that defensive front.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Good coaches teach, make their team better because the players get better. Our players regress while they're here, play better when they move on.

What can I tell you, that's life!