JUST A quick mock

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Again, if he’s played at that weight and was already pretty quick off the ball, he’s just what is needed at 1T. Give me 2 dudes like him at DT and have speed at the other 9 spots, then the D can match up with anybody. I’m sure GB wishes they had someone that could clog up the run in the Championship game.
2 guys like him at DT and you'd never get a sack. Weight doesn't matter, not even for stopping the run. First step and length are infinitely more valuable than weight.

The Packers got run over b/c their LBers are terrible and they couldn't get penetration. It had nothing to do with size.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
2 guys like him at DT and you'd never get a sack. Weight doesn't matter, not even for stopping the run. First step and length are infinitely more valuable than weight.

The Packers got run over b/c their LBers are terrible and they couldn't get penetration. It had nothing to do with size.

Future, I take it you haven’t t realized yet that a good running scheme can actually take advantage of penetrating defenses. That’s exactly how the Rams gashed Dallas last year - used their quickness against them. And, 2 penetrating DT’s can also be taken advantage of if they’re not making plays in the backfield. But, creating a wall in the middle only lets you run outside, which should make life easier for the back 7 if they’re fast and can tackle.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Future, I take it you haven’t t realized yet that a good running scheme can actually take advantage of penetrating defenses. That’s exactly how the Rams gashed Dallas last year - used their quickness against them. And, 2 penetrating DT’s can also be taken advantage of if they’re not making plays in the backfield. But, creating a wall in the middle only lets you run outside, which should make life easier for the back 7 if they’re fast and can tackle.
Sure it can. But you can always adjust the defensive scheme to...not penetrate. I'd rather have the option. But the idea of "creating a wall in the middle" is nonexistent. You only do that by throwing bodies in gaps.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1 Noah Igbinoghene, 5-11 #200 CB, Auburn

2 Brycen Hopkins, TE, 6-4 #245 Purdue

3 DaVon Hamilton, DT, 6-4 #310 Ohio State

4 Terrell Burgess, S, 6 #190 Utah

5 Logan Wilson, 6-2 #250 /OLB ILB, Wyoming

7 Akeem Davis-Gaither, OLB/ILB , 6-2 #215 Appalachian State

Love the Hamilton pick, as well Hopkins.
Don't know much about the others.