Just another reason I'm glad we drafted Zeke

Batman1980

Reaction score
And Bob let's go back to last year to the video when Zeke started his 6 week suspension......omg Bob Dak didn't score a TD in 15 Q of offense.......in fact our offense looked so bad made people cry baby.....now 1 TD pass in a pre season game says what exactly there rockport???
Without Zeke holding his PA hand Dak is cooked my brother.....

Linehan needs to go first, offensive coordinators who suck are easier to replace than borderline franchise QBs.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
So the Giants shouldn't have taken Saquon?

He is good RB no doubt, but there was a damn good QB sitting there for the taking- one I'll wager will be playing long after Barkley's best days are behind him. In fact, Sam Darnold might play a full decade after Barkley hangs up the cleats.

Those ultra high picks are rare, and RBs are not the ideal use for them.

Batman1980

Reaction score
He is good RB no doubt, but there was a damn good QB sitting there for the taking- one I'll wager will be playing long after Barkley's best days are behind him. In fact, Sam Darnold might play a full decade after Barkley hangs up the cleats.

Carson Wentz and Jared Goff were gone at #4, I think Dak was the best QB left at that point and I've seen nothing since to change my mind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I've heard reports that if the front office didn't select Ezekiel Elliot with the 4th overall pick in 2016, Jalen Ramsey would have been the pick.

Ramsey has quickly become the type of player I despise- arrogant, cocky, and just an all around loud mouth. He rips other players on a regular basis and just seems like he will eventually turn into a toxic player in the locker room, if he hasn't already become one.

I don't care how good Ramsey becomes. No player is worth those kinds of constant distractions.

So glad we went with Zeke.

Zeke ruined our season last year by missing half of it. No distraction there. LOL

"I dont care how good Ramsey becomes". Biased much?

Such a well thought out post.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And Bob let's go back to last year to the video when Zeke started his 6 week suspension......omg Bob Dak didn't score a TD in 15 Q of offense.......in fact our offense looked so bad made people cry baby.....now 1 TD pass in a pre season game says what exactly there rockport???
Without Zeke holding his PA hand Dak is cooked my brother.....
Then don't watch and go away and spare us your constant grief.

Sydla

Reaction score
To me, Elliott and Charlton>Ramsey and Fournette. I am sold on Elliott as a franchise back and Charlton as a 1B DE. I am not sold on Ramsey as a 1A cornerback or Fournette as a franchise back. Clear choice to me.

Ramsey is probably a 1A cornerback right now. In fact, you could argue he might be the best CB in football right now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But there were some that felt Darnold was overrated and the Giants have to win now or heads will roll.

There is always that dynamic lurking in the background. Doesn't affect CIN, DAL or OAK but teams picking high have GM's in a twitchy spot and that position is almost as turnover heavy as HC. They have to have an owner on the same page for the future if they're going to take a player, namely QB, with a high pick.

Then there's the HC-QB dynamic to consider and Romo went on record before that 2016 daft that they didn't need to go high on a QB in the 1st and they try to trade back in and get Lynch. Bet he wishes they had done that now. Who in the hell thought QB1 would lose his job to rookie QB3?

Sydla

Reaction score
Tunsil never struck me as a franchise player. I was always pretty sure it was Elliott, Jerry still remembers the Morris Claiborne debacle.

If Jerry went with Elliott, in part, because they whiffed on Claiborne, that would be beyond idiotic.

Using that logic, they shouldn't have taken a pure LB in round 1 in LVE since the last one they took was Bobby Carpenter and he was a boob.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ramsey is probably a 1A cornerback right now. In fact, you could argue he might be the best CB in football right now.
He is in the conversation but Zeke is as well in the RB conversation. I'd be happy with either but I don't think I would have been happy with 2016. And I don't think Dak would have been either.

Batman1980

Reaction score
But there were some that felt Darnold was overrated and the Giants have to win now or heads will roll.

There is always that dynamic lurking in the background. Doesn't affect CIN, DAL or OAK but teams picking high have GM's in a twitchy spot and that position is almost as turnover heavy as HC. They have to have an owner on the same page for the future if they're going to take a player, namely QB, with a high pick.

Then there's the HC-QB dynamic to consider and Romo went on record before that 2016 daft that they didn't need to go high on a QB in the 1st and they try to trade back in and get Lynch. Bet he wishes they had done that now. Who in the hell thought QB1 would lose his job to rookie QB3?

Anyone who knew Kellen Moore would never be a starter in the NFL?

Sydla

Reaction score

Going to be an utterly fascinating thing to watch as both Darnold and Barkley will be playing in NYC. If Darnold turns into a franchise QB, it might not matter how good Barkley ends up being...........

Sydla

Reaction score
He is in the conversation but Zeke is as well in the RB conversation. I'd be happy with either but I don't think I would have been happy with 2016. And I don't think Dak would have been either.

No one is suggesting Zeke isn't an elite RB.

I simply taking issue with Batman's logic that seems to say that Elliott was the smarter pick because he's an elite RB and Ramsey isn't an elite CB.

Ramsey is most definitely an elite CB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry went with Elliott, in part, because they whiffed on Claiborne, that would be beyond idiotic.

Using that logic, they shouldn't have taken a pure LB in round 1 in LVE since the last one they took was Bobby Carpenter and he was a boob.
I don't think that affected him, Claiborne was picked where most had him going, it was just that Booger used his 2nd as well. Claiborne was the highest rated CB in the draft and a need for the Cowboys. Just like Lawrence was the 3rd rated pass rusher, a need for the Cowboys and two picks used on him.

Claiborne would not have been a bad pick if he could have stayed healthy. He got a bad rap from a lot of posters but when he was healthy, he was fine.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going to be an utterly fascinating thing to watch as both Darnold and Barkley will be playing in NYC. If Darnold turns into a franchise QB, it might not matter how good Barkley ends up being...........
Depends on how the Giants do with Manning. While it is a "what have you done for me lately" world, Eli still has the support of the team and a lot of the fans. He's got one more ring than Brees and Rodgers.

Besides that, there are QB's available every season and we won't know for quite some time the value of this crop.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think that affected him, Claiborne was picked where most had him going, it was just that Booger used his 2nd as well. Claiborne was the highest rated CB in the draft and a need for the Cowboys. Just like Lawrence was the 3rd rated pass rusher, a need for the Cowboys and two picks used on him.

Claiborne would not have been a bad pick if he could have stayed healthy. He got as bad rap from a lot of posters but when he was healthy, he was fine.

I doubt that entered into the equation at all. But if it did, oh boy.............

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is suggesting Zeke isn't an elite RB.

I simply taking issue with Batman's logic that seems to say that Elliott was the smarter pick because he's an elite RB and Ramsey isn't an elite CB.

Ramsey is most definitely an elite CB.
Agree, both are elite and my only point was Zeke was the best immediate impact player available and suited perfectly to our needs.

Sydla

Reaction score
Depends on how the Giants do with Manning. While it is a "what have you done for me lately" world, Eli still has the support of the team and a lot of the fans. He's got one more ring than Brees and Rodgers.

Besides that, there are QB's available every season and we won't know for quite some time the value of this crop.

We won't know the value but they had a potential QB of the future now whereas going forward they have nary a clue where their next QB will come from.

Hey, they may be spot on.......... Barkley is great, Manning finds the fountain of youth, they win another SB and/or Darnold just flames out.

But if Darnold turns into an elite and the Giants scuffle along, woah boy............

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt that entered into the equation at all. But if it did, oh boy.............
I think Booger is exactly like Romo with selective amnesia. Mistakes don't affect him and the one time he let public opinion affect his decision with passing on Moss he regrets.

The well can be dry or even poisoned and he'll come back to it again and again. And I am not saying he doesn't learn from his mistakes because I see evidence that he does but he does not let losses mitigate risks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We won't know the value but they had a potential QB of the future now whereas going forward they have nary a clue where their next QB will come from.

Hey, they may be spot on.......... Barkley is great, Manning finds the fountain of youth, they win another SB and/or Darnold just flames out.

But if Darnold turns into an elite and the Giants scuffle along, woah boy............
Yeah, NYC's a tough sports town if the Giants made a bad call. Mara is going to relish every pick Darnold throws.