Just another reason I'm glad we drafted Zeke

J12B

Reaction score
I viewed it as Zeke was selected due to him being a much better fit on Dallas' team at the time as the oline had been completely rebuilt.

Since the defense was still missing a few pieces at that time, Ramsey just wasn't as good of an immediate fit.

DiResta

Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey would have been nice
Jalen Ramsey, Chido and Derwin James would have been ******* nice too

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's not generational, because Adrian Peterson still plays in the league (or at least did this past year). Because Le'veon Bell and David Johnson do things that Zeke just hasn't yet. Maybe we are just differing on our definition of generational. Jerry Rice was a generational talent. Randy Moss was as well, even though their career overlapped, just because Moss was a different type of freak. Guys like Tyron Smith are great players, but not generational talents imo. Too many contemporaries of similar skill. Joe Thomas, Trent Williams, maybe 1 or 2 others. Zeke id an elite RB, but generational talent. Not in my opinion.
so you cant have more then one per decade? on the field in the same career time frame? there are a handful of generational players playing and im sorry but AP has been done and was before Zeke was drafted, Johnson got hurt and yes Bell is the bell cow ,pun intended, but that doesnt mean Zeke cant be in the same cataegory..if he didnt get suspended we wouldn't be having this conversation..there are some really good Backs coming up right now but just like Emmitt, Thomas, and Sanders there can be more then one all playing at the same time and all considered generational talent. but if you are mentioning names drop some real stuff I like johnson but the new guys like Gurley and Fournette are in the Zeke VS conversations.. Bells been around while now and its not Zekes fault his coaching arent throwing him the ball enough.. Our offenseive scheme is very vanilla as we all know and not very creative..i believe they realize their mistake and we will see zeke doing more..but time will settle this arguament.im ok with him being just elite for now..lets see who out of all these guys who holds up the longest to put up the generations numbers, its about health and longevity and im seeing zeke has that kind of body to outlast the rest..

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey is arguably the best defensive player in football already, and he'll be in that category for the next decade.

Zeke will likely be gone in 2-3 years. Or, he won't be elite anymore anyway. Guys his size don't last long at that position.

Still, I'm glad we drafted Zeke and I was a big proponent of it.

Because we've seen what this offense looks like without an elite running back after Murray left and when Zeke was out last year.
Ummmm guys his size don't last that long...hummm ever hear of Emmett Smith??

Sydla

Reaction score
so you cant have more then one per decade? on the field in the same career time frame? there are a handful of generational players playing and im sorry but AP has been done and was before Zeke was drafted, Johnson got hurt and yes Bell is the bell cow ,pun intended, but that doesnt mean Zeke cant be in the same cataegory..if he didnt get suspended we wouldn't be having this conversation..there are some really good Backs coming up right now but just like Emmitt, Thomas, and Sanders there can be more then one all playing at the same time and all considered generational talent. but if you are mentioning names drop some real stuff I like johnson but the new guys like Gurley and Fournette are in the Zeke VS conversations.. Bells been around while now and its not Zekes fault his coaching arent throwing him the ball enough.. Our offenseive scheme is very vanilla as we all know and not very creative..i believe they realize their mistake and we will see zeke doing more..but time will settle this arguament.im ok with him being just elite for now..lets see who out of all these guys who holds up the longest to put up the generations numbers, its about health and longevity and im seeing zeke has that kind of body to outlast the rest..

You seem to be arguing a different thing. Your case seems to be that Elliott is a great RB. And he is. I don't think anyone would debate that. But "generational" when referencing sports is usually reserved for guys that come up that have a mix of talent and skill and uniqueness that the sport has rarely, if ever, seen.

Randy Moss was a generational talent. Football hadn't seen a kid that tall, that big, that could run like a deer playing WR. In reality, it can be said Moss brought in the age of the tall WR.

Elliott. Great running back. Arguably the best RB In the NFL. Not a generational talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You seem to be arguing a different thing. Your case seems to be that Elliott is a great RB. And he is. I don't think anyone would debate that. But "generational" when referencing sports is usually reserved for guys that come up that have a mix of talent and skill and uniqueness that the sport has rarely, if ever, seen.

Randy Moss was a generational talent. Football hadn't seen a kid that tall, that big, that could run like a deer playing WR. In reality, it can be said Moss brought in the age of the tall WR.

Elliott. Great running back. Arguably the best RB In the NFL. Not a generational talent.
no im saying time will play that out, Emmitt had none of these skills you are referencing, dont even argue this..he wasn't fast, big, or had any special skills other then taking what the defense gave him , a good line, toughness, drive, and longevity..He now is STILL the all time leader at RB this many years later, thats right the special AP made a nice push but ended short.. He wasn't better then Sanders in skillset etc but he blocked better, took proper holes even if it didnt make him look good etc and had a good stiff arm.. this is Ellliott.. im saying lt this play out he got sidetracked unfairly by RG..i think the best is yet to come..but I get what you are saying on definition but it takes more then that to get a jacket..

Sydla

Reaction score
no im saying time will play that out, Emmitt had none of these skills you are referencing, dont even argue this..he wasn't fast, big, or had any special skills other then taking what the defense gave him , a good line, toughness, drive, and longevity..He now is STILL the all time leader at RB this many years later, thats right the special AP made a nice push but ended short.. He wasn't better then Sanders in skillset etc but he blocked better, took proper holes even if it didnt make him look good etc and had a good stiff arm.. this is Ellliott.. im saying lt this play out he got sidetracked unfairly by RG..i think the best is yet to come..but I get what you are saying on definition but it takes more then that to get a jacket..

I am really confused about what you are even arguing about at this point.

Elliott isn't a generational talent. Frankly, I don't think there is a TB in the NFL right now that one would call a generational talent.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I am really confused about what you are even arguing about at this point.

Elliott isn't a generational talent. Frankly, I don't think there is a TB in the NFL right now that one would call a generational talent.

That term has lost all meaning, because people don't understand what a generation is.

erod

Reaction score
Ummmm guys his size don't last that long...hummm ever hear of Emmett Smith??

Zeke is a LOT bigger than Emmitt. Plus, Emmitt was built very low to the ground, perfect for football.

Guys built like Zeke slow down pretty fast. Marion Butts, Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Barry Foster, William Andrews, Christian Okoye.

Zeke isn't exactly the picture of discipline either, but let's hope he can beat the odds for being a power running back.

My gut is, he won't get a second contract here.

cern

Reaction score

Harold Carmichael.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Ramsey is extremely talented, but is a loud mouth.

Zeke is also talented, but is more of a "Speak softly and carry a big schlong squirt gun" kind of guy.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
All I know is this, THE second the cowboys took Zeke, there was THE biggest, loudest moan heard across the NFL... that alone is enough for me to say I am damn glad we took him.

rags747

Reaction score
One of the QB's needed to actually have a pair of balls and say "Who the F is Jalen Ramsey" and how the F is he any different from all of the other punks that came before him. Maybe we can count on Dak for that...

kskboys

Reaction score

I think it's too soon in his career to proclaim EZ as a generational talent or not.