Twitter: Just curious, who gets credit for this?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Who cares?

Jerry's ego-driven desire to "get credit" got Jimmy shoved out the door when we could've seen an unprecedented dynasty, a leftover SB win for Barry the joke Switzer, and 20+ years of nothing.

Let me know when these moves actually win something.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I can't complain about the talent. Great job by the FO to acquire those players. The problem is that this coaching staff doesn't know how to use players to exploit the other teams weaknesses. They have 13 more games to prove themselves. I'll be rooting for them but I have my doubts...

Proof

Reaction score
Quinn wasn’t low cost. Still had to pay him minimum 9 mil. The 6th was just for the right to do so.

bennett for a 7th is solid I suppose if nothing more than keeping philly from re-acquiring him.

Hyder was a nice pickup. I’m going with McClay

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn wasn’t low cost. Still had to pay him minimum 9 mil. The 6th was just for the right to do so.

bennett for a 7th is solid I suppose if nothing more than keeping philly from re-acquiring him.

Hyder was a nice pickup. I’m going with McClay

Here's the thing. If they hadn't blown the 2017 pick in Taco and drafted TJ Watt like they should have, they wouldn't have even had to make the Quinn trade, or pay him the high salary he costs.

And how about the $10 million wasted this year on Crawford with nothing to show for it?

I doubt Blogging the Boys homer writer will mention that. This clown pumps out 'yay Cowboys!' propoganda constantly and then goes into hiding when they lose or things go badly.

As bad as some are on this forum, that clown is 100-times worse.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry (GM), Stephen, McClay, Garrett, Marinelli?

Cant have elite at every position on the roster, the cap does not allow it.
As important as it is to obtain players like Coop, Dak, Zeke, its equally important to fill roster spots with players like Quinn, Bennett, and Hyder.
Cant have stars at every position, but you grab talent when you can grab talent, and considering the top talent that we are paying,,, I believe
this FO is doing a pretty good job with the blue collar workers on this roster.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Who cares?

Jerry's ego-driven desire to "get credit" got Jimmy shoved out the door when we could've seen an unprecedented dynasty, a leftover SB win for Barry the joke Switzer, and 20+ years of nothing.

Let me know when these moves actually win something.

Nonsense. Jimmy did not want to honor his contract but wanted to keep the money so he started insulting Jerry to anyone and everywhere available to try and get fired. Jerry ignored it for a week but then it became too much.

Why was Jimmy butthurt? Because Jerry got credit for the Thomas Everett trade after Bobby Beathard recommended him to Jerry.

You have your story completely backwards.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Mcclay/Stephen. The two work together well acquiring talent. Some misses to be sure, but far more good moves than bad.
Yeah, they really do work well together.

Quinn was a heck of a trade. The guy is a real threat off the edge and cost Dallas very little in draft capital.

I also think that Bennett will end up being a really good get as well. His ability to play the run as well as his ability to slide inside on passing downs adds a nice chess piece to the defense. IMO, Micheal is going to really help the defense.

Hyder was just a very nice pickup in free agency. They sometimes miss on those low cost free agents, so I’m glad Hyder has been as solid as he has.

cern

Reaction score
Nonsense. Jimmy did not want to honor his contract but wanted to keep the money so he started insulting Jerry to anyone and everywhere available to try and get fired. Jerry ignored it for a week but then it became too much.

Why was Jimmy butthurt? Because Jerry got credit for the Thomas Everett trade after Bobby Beathard recommended him to Jerry.

Jimmy won more playoffs and superbowls in 5 years than jerry has the last 25. Jerry wanted all the credit. Now he gets it. But mostly for the wrong reasons.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

He was also butt hurt when Jerry grabbed the Lombardi out of his hands while standing at the podium after one of the SB victories, cant recall which one, either 92 or 93.

cern

Reaction score
Yeah, they really do work well together.

Quinn was a heck of a trade. The guy is a real threat off the edge and cost Dallas very little in draft capital.

I also think that Bennett will end up being a really good get as well. His ability to play the run as well as his ability to slide inside on passing downs adds a nice chess piece to the defense. IMO, Micheal is going to really help the defense.

Hyder was just a very nice pickup in free agency. They sometimes miss on those low cost free agents, so I’m glad Hyder has been as solid as he has.
Put Bennett next to tank or quinn and that will create a serious blocking problem for an o-line. Who you gonna double?

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there a professional etiquette in NFL trades? Does it have to go directly thru the GM or are you expected to start at a lower rung & work your way up?
I think it's more of a Bob knows Jack from when they were both at X so let me call him. I'm sure over time the folks who make trade decisions get to know each other pretty well.