Twitter: Just curious, who gets credit for this?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
From what I've seen reported lately, Kris Richard had experience with him while Bennett was in Seattle and highly recommended him to Jerry. Of course Jerry couldn't resist running with it and touted him generously by way of tweeting it. The FO was intent upon replacing Crawford well before Michael Bennet became available upon being cut by the Pats.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Indeed. Pray tell, what have these two geniuses won in the 21st century? :rolleyes:
That's a really dumb angle. I mean, Andy Reid is widely regarded as one of the best Head Coaches in the NFL. What has he won in the 21st Century? Same for Bruce Arians as a Head Coach? Just saying, that's a dumb angle to take. Would you like to try again?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Here's the thing. If they hadn't blown the 2017 pick in Taco and drafted TJ Watt like they should have, they wouldn't have even had to make the Quinn trade, or pay him the high salary he costs.

And how about the $10 million wasted this year on Crawford with nothing to show for it?

I doubt Blogging the Boys homer writer will mention that. This clown pumps out 'yay Cowboys!' propoganda constantly and then goes into hiding when they lose or things go badly.

As bad as some are on this forum, that clown is 100-times worse.
Ya, that's one of our mistakes, but every team makes them.
The best teams like the Patriots, with the best cap management just make a lot less mistakes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who cares?

Jerry's ego-driven desire to "get credit" got Jimmy shoved out the door when we could've seen an unprecedented dynasty, a leftover SB win for Barry the joke Switzer, and 20+ years of nothing.

Let me know when these moves actually win something.
Still dwelling on the ancient past bro? Way time to get over it. Skepticism, doubt and anger is no way to enjoy being a fan with the talented team we have today.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya, that's one of our mistakes, but every team makes them.
The best teams like the Patriots, with the best cap management just make a lot less mistakes.

Or more that the Patriots are so good overall that their mistakes don't cripple them.

The Cowboys do a lot right, but they make mistakes as well. And I have little use for Super Homers like the BTB guy who wrote the original thing, spewing out Cowboys propaganda every chance they get, while hiding from the ugly truths that they can't beat to face.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I can't complain about the talent. Great job by the FO to acquire those players. The problem is that this coaching staff doesn't know how to use players to exploit the other teams weaknesses. They have 13 more games to prove themselves. I'll be rooting for them but I have my doubts...

13 more games? I see what you did there - and I approve.

:thumbup:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry (GM), Stephen, McClay, Garrett, Marinelli?

Good post, but from several comments I skimmed over, it will get torn down and whined about as usual.
I understand the frustration, but fans on here just can't go with something that may be good. One Of the reasons I skip a lot of threads anymore. Not wasting my time on it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or more that the Patriots are so good overall that their mistakes don't cripple them.

The Cowboys do a lot right, but they make mistakes as well. And I have little use for Super Homers like the BTB guy who wrote the original thing, spewing out Cowboys propaganda every chance they get, while hiding from the ugly truths that they can't beat to face.

I don't read BTB unless it is posted on here, and I only read Mickey sporadically anymore. Depending what he is writing about. But also I been avoiding many threads on here. Because of all the negativity about almost anything.

I understand the frustrations, but sometimes there is good to post about or agree with. But way too many always throws in a negative comment, even if about the past 20 years. When they could lookout it, as a great team going forward or the possibilities.

Flamma

Reaction score
Quinn wasn’t low cost. Still had to pay him minimum 9 mil. The 6th was just for the right to do so.

bennett for a 7th is solid I suppose if nothing more than keeping philly from re-acquiring him.

Hyder was a nice pickup. I’m going with McClay

A 7 million dollar cap hit and a 6th round pick in 2020 I would say is low cost overall.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't read BTB unless it is posted on here, and I only read Mickey sporadically anymore. Depending what he is writing about. But also I been avoiding many threads on here. Because of all the negativity about almost anything.

I understand the frustrations, but sometimes there is good to post about or agree with. But way too many always throws in a negative comment, even if about the past 20 years. When they could lookout it, as a great team going forward or the possibilities.

My best advice is not to get frustrated because someone doesn't feel the same way that you do. And also to post whatever positive topics and threads that you do want to talk about. We all have the freedom to express ourselves here and it's what makes this place great.

Whether we agree or not is another story entirely!
:laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My best advice is not to get frustrated because someone doesn't feel the same way that you do. And also to post whatever positive topics and threads that you do want to talk about. We all have the freedom to express ourselves here and it's what makes this place great.

Whether we agree or not is another story entirely!
:laugh:

I post positive and negative stuff myself. So I understand both sides of it. But I try to be wise about it, but always doesn't go as planned, but also I expect that. :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn was a good move. so far, but the jury is still out on the others as well as this defense. Let's see how they handle the rest of the season, and better teams, before we heap praise on anyone. Hope this guy is asking "who's to blame" at the end of the season.

Trading for Quinn was because of the poor picks in Gregory and Charleton. Same person pull the trigger on all 3?

I wouldn't be celebrating or giving credit for Bennett at all yet. Best D coach in the NFL decides he needs to go, what's to celebrate and this is not like Chandler Jones or Jamie Collins, this isn't about cap space, this is about removing him from any space with the Patriots. Belichick will remove a problem; the Cowboys will welcome one.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I post positive and negative stuff myself. So I understand both sides of it. But I try to be wise about it, but always doesn't go as planned, but also I expect that. :laugh:
Whichever direction any poster goes here, it's best to brace for impact. The labels fly, Hater and Homer, and the one thing that seems to be forgotten is that most of this is about predicting the future and with this team to not use the past seems odd, they have a history.

I am not heaping praise on the acquisitions until I see some evidence that the defense has improved and so far, this defense isn't any better up against better competition that it has been in the past. Moves for the better are often misleading and simply moves for the status quo. The idea is to move forward, improve, and if anyone's happy that the best DC in the NFL over the last 30 years feels a player is expendable and the Cowboys acquire him, that's fine but until I see an improved defense, it's all busy work and making sure they're in the spotlight.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Happens to the best of us friend! I just try to do better myself each day. Always a work in progress.
:thumbup: