Twitter: Just curious, who gets credit for this?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sure they’ve done a good job at end.

Are we supposed to be heaping out praise for a good job at getting defensive ends, when the defensive tackles on the team are mediocre AT BEST?

While they also just cut a first round pick in his 3rd year and have a second round pick who wasn’t even active until injuries to other players? I’m in no way calling Hill a bust. But a second round pick should at least be active even with no injuries.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who cares?

Jerry's ego-driven desire to "get credit" got Jimmy shoved out the door when we could've seen an unprecedented dynasty, a leftover SB win for Barry the joke Switzer, and 20+ years of nothing.

Let me know when these moves actually win something.
some care we get tired of all the drooling that gets done when these same moves are being made by other teams like Philly and NE but when we do it its well show me results..

no the moves show they are trying and in season moves the last few years have made improvements. FA while stingy has been better the last 3 years..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
some care we get tired of all the drooling that gets done when these same moves are being made by other teams like Philly and NE but when we do it its well show me results..

no the moves show they are trying and in season moves the last few years have made improvements. FA while stingy has been better the last 3 years..
And trying is all they can do and I do appreciate they're not standing by that "we like our guys" phrase. The Nationals continued to build their team as long as they could and that came together for them and hopefully, this will improve the Cowboys D but that remains to be seen.

However, they're addressing a problem they created in the draft. This is like heaping praise on a QB that leads a comeback and forgetting who led the team into needing a comeback.

And the larger problem is not addressing the fact they do not have the DC they need. They have one totally dependent on talent, he cannot scheme past the talent and they don't know if they have the needed DC behind him.

cern

Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that. I get the need to want to believe things will be different, but I'm a results man. I believe it when I see it.
Signed zack, tank, jaylon , zeke and la'el collins last two years. Brought in quinn and recently Michael Bennett. Shored up o-line with looney, sua filo, and Fleming last couple of years. Made deal for cooper. Drafted Gallup and Pollard last two years. I call that results. And he got us out of cap hell. Obviously you see it differently.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love how the Michael Bennett trade has already been deemed a huge success. And he hasn't even suited up for this team yet. Trysten Hill hasn't even managed to get himself regularly active on gamedays save for injuries, but it's 'too early' to make judgements about him, right? Nice double standards around here, huh?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Jerry (GM), Stephen, McClay, Garrett, Marinelli?

When Jerry has to approve all trades. If part of a deal is negotiating a new contract Stephen would do that. Marinelli probably goes Garrett and asks if the defense can get some help. Garrett probably gives McClay a list of players to scout and get some film on I think McClay then gives what he's got and he Jones and Garrett sit down and figure who they want and at what the cost as far as draft picks and then Jerry then starts the negotiations with a team for the player. I think the credit should go to Jones, McClay and Garrett, although I think McClay should get the credit for Hyder finding him as a free agent.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
how many SB wins has it gotten us?

play off wins?

morale wins?

who is scared of this defense?

how many TDs has the D given up against winning teams?

Since you obviously don't watch much I'll help you out. All three have come to the Cowboys this season so there hasn't been any playoff games yet nor a Super Bowl yet FOR ANY TEAM.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Since you obviously don't watch much I'll help you out. All three have come to the Cowboys this season so there hasn't been any playoff games yet nor a Super Bowl yet FOR ANY TEAM.

wasnt any last year when the Cowboys traded a number 1 to see Amari Cooper in a Cowboy uniform?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I love how the Michael Bennett trade has already been deemed a huge success. And he hasn't even suited up for this team yet. Trysten Hill hasn't even managed to get himself regularly active on gamedays save for injuries, but it's 'too early' to make judgements about him, right? Nice double standards around here, huh?

Well .....you're comparing a veteran with some serious skin on the wall vs a late 2nd round rookie.

What "judgements" you wanna make about Hill?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Well .....you're comparing a veteran with some serious skin on the wall vs a late 2nd round rookie.

hes not active every game.

i dont even know if hes active when hes active.

is expecting a pulse count?

the mere fact we could have made the safety position better and threw that away.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
wasnt any last year when the Cowboys traded a number 1 to see Amari Cooper in a Cowboy uniform?

Gee, just about every analyst on TV and radio has said that the Cowboys getting Cooper was a great trade. At week 8 last season the Cowboys were 3-5 and then after getting Cooper they went 7-1. They got as far as the divisional round where the defense totally let the team down. Sorry if Cooper didn't win a Super Bowl by himself but you're about the only person that has a problem with the Cowboys trading for Cooper.

cern

Reaction score
Thinking a player will be successful here without yet having played a down is an opinion, not a hypocrisy. just as thinking he'll fail without having played a down is also an opinion. We'll soon see. I can't wait.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Gee, just about every analyst on TV and radio has said that the Cowboys getting Cooper was a great trade. At week 8 last season the Cowboys were 3-5 and then after getting Cooper they went 7-1. They got as far as the divisional round where the defense totally let the team down. Sorry if Cooper didn't win a Super Bowl by himself but you're about the only person that has a problem with the Cowboys trading for Cooper.

i bet you get excited over every trade. of course the media said it was great, its not their job on the line and lets face it, no one expected Dallas to do anything and SURPRISE!!!! they didnt. so we gave up a first round pick to not make a dent. wonderful.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nothing good to this point, no sugar-coating that.

And as for that "veteran with some serious skin on the wall", he was exiled from New England for attitude issues and he has yet to take a single snap here.

Nobody can categorize him as any "success" here. But guys like BTB's biggest homer would like to try.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Nothing good to this point, no sugar-coating that.

And as for that "veteran with some serious skin on the wall", he was exiled from New England for attitude issues and he has yet to take a single snap here.

Nobody can categorize him as any "success" here. But guys like BTB's biggest homer would like to try.

Fair enough.......
As for Bennett's attitude.......he and Richard spent 5 years together in Seattle. I'm guessing if Richard doesn't vouch for him, the trade never happens.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough.......
As for Bennett's attitude.......he and Richard spent 5 years together in Seattle. I'm guessing if Richard doesn't vouch for him, the trade never happens.

I'd certainly agree with that. This is Richard's deal all the way. Hopefully, they can make it work here as well as they did in Seattle. But BTB's homer tried to anoint this as some great deal before Bennett has taken a snap.

No bueno.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerry (GM), Stephen, McClay, Garrett, Marinelli?

I had been disappointed with Hyder up until the past couple of weeks, and especially the Eagles game. He still doesn't have any sacks, but he's beginning to get some nice pressure.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How about that 2017 1st round pick?

Or the 2019 2nd rounder that can't even make the active roster?

Do they count too?

But leave it to BTB's biggest homer to try his spin once again.

Embarrassing.

Overall, we seem to be much better at picking up defensive linemen than drafting him under the current regime. We've had some misses there, too, but have found some nice contributors among other team's castoffs.