Twitter: Just curious, who gets credit for this?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overall, we seem to be much better at picking up defensive linemen than drafting him under the current regime. We've had some misses there, too, but have found some nice contributors among other team's castoffs.

I can think of free agent misses as well, like Cedric Thornton and Stephen Paea there too. I think there's a systemic, fundamental flaw in the way that Marinelli views the defensive tackle position especially. What may have worked several years ago no longer works today.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
i bet you get excited over every trade. of course the media said it was great, its not their job on the line and lets face it, no one expected Dallas to do anything and SURPRISE!!!! they didnt. so we gave up a first round pick to not make a dent. wonderful.

Personally I'm not big fan of trades but when a good one comes along as Cooper's was and can help this team then I'm for it. As far as nothing, there are TWENTY teams EVERY year that would be happy as hell to get to the playoffs and at least get a shot going to the Super Bowl. But little crybabies that don't get their way go off and cry and whine that a playoff appearance didn't turn into a Super Bowl win. The Cowboys may not have won the Super Bowl last season but they got farther than those other TWENTY teams that wished they had the chance the Cowboys had. Again prior to the Cooper trade the Cowboys were 3-5 and after they went 7-1. Even grade school kids can see the math on that.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Pass rushers seem to still be really effective players into their lower 30s (about 34 y.o. cap). Glad the FO supplemented some vets onto the roster. Quinn has wreaked, Hyder is getting close, and Bennett adds another legitimate QB Hunter... Armstrong n Jackson can take seat, watch and learn now.

glimmerman

Reaction score
So far they put in a good effort in a few games. When they show up consistent I will give sone credit. Lol.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jerry (GM), Stephen, McClay, Garrett, Marinelli?

Should include Covington in the cheap dline players we got. He's produced.

I'd guess that Marinelli and Richard are both more relevant to this than Garrett. Dline.

Richard was probably particularly relevant to Bennett. Character reference.

Hardline

Reaction score
I know what I saw. Since you offered to explain yourself, chirp away. Let's see if you can teach us all something.
Since you offered to explain it to me first I'll let you go first.I can't wait to see you wiggle your way out of this one.

Go.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Since you offered to explain it to me first I'll let you go first.I can't wait to see you wiggle your way out of this one.

Go.
Open up your eyes and notice the abundance of talent on this team, especially the starters. Jets loss was due to several factors: Both starting O-Tackles and WRs were not playing due to injuries. Left Guard was playing injured, starting Center still not at 100%, receivers who played were dropping passes especially on key 3rd downs which killed drives, too many penalties, terrible playcalling, bend-but-don't break Defense allowed Jets to possess the football a majority of the time while consistently driving down the field, biased no-calls in favor of the Jets by the officials, etc. Need I say more or are you still in denial as to why our Cowboys lost to the Jets?

Hardline

Reaction score
Open up your eyes and notice the abundance of talent on this team, especially the starters. Jets loss was due to several factors: Both starting O-Tackles and WRs were not playing due to injuries. Left Guard was playing injured, starting Center still not at 100%, receivers who played were dropping passes especially on key 3rd downs which killed drives, too many penalties, terrible playcalling, bend-but-don't break Defense allowed Jets to possess the football a majority of the time while consistently driving down the field, biased no-calls in favor of the Jets by the officials, etc. Need I say more or are you still in denial as to why our Cowboys lost to the Jets?

The reason the Cowboys lost to the Jets is because the defense capped the bed facing a much less talented team. Talent goes deeper than starters and it drops off dramatically after that.. Most of you way overestimate the talent on this team

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The reason the Cowboys lost to the Jets is because the defense capped the bed facing a much less talented team. Talent goes deeper than starters and it drops off dramatically after that.. Most of you way overestimate the talent on this team
The talent on this team is good. Problem is the schemes being used, playcalling and a few holes to fix.