Just for fun the Brady option vs Dak option

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think with current situation, they should have tried to get brady, as a stop gap to drafting a new guy.
Signed brady to 2 year deal and they would have a better chance at a SB.
Imagine brady with our OL, elliot, cooper, lamb, gallup, jarwin, and gronk for 3rd down plays.

Now I know some say brady is done etc, but with our offense, insert Brady and Gronk, and
dont you think it could lead to the SB?

Brady would have cost 27 mil a year, so they could have saved money for spending on defense,
and had 2 years to draft a new QB prospect, along with maybe dinucci shows promise.

Brady would inspire other players and give them confidence, and he is probably the smartest QB playing now.
I think this will come into play with the tampa team now.

So 2 years of Brady , then a new QB at the cheaper rate .

I think that would have been the smart move but jones boys want to pay dak and commit to him for next 4-8 years, like they think they cant do any better than dak.

Dak isnt a bad qb, he just isnt great, and for less money they could have had a 5 time SB winner
who has all that experience, and I think has a couple years left .
Especially with what he would have had on offense to work with.
I think he would have had more talent here on offense than what tampa has.

But all this said he might not have wanted to play here I dont know, but the bad thing is the jones boys
didnt even talk to him.
They would rather do the contract dance with dak .:huh:

I think that if dak were let go now, no other team would sign him for more than 28 mil,
and the only team that might want him is the jags.
Other teams might sign him for way less money as a possible starter if their guy doesnt play well.

But this is more about the what if we had brady, than a bash dak thread.

So if brady leads TB to the playoffs, and further, it could have been us.
And I would like to see TB vs Dallas in playoffs, and see what happens.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think with current situation, they should have tried to get brady, as a stop gap to drafting a new guy.
Imagine brady with our OL, elliot, cooper, lamb, gallup, jarwin, and gronk for 3rd down plays.

Now I know some say brady is done etc, but with our offense, insert Brady and Gronk, and

Brady would have cost 27 mil a year, so they could have saved money for spending on defense,
and had 2 years to draft a new QB prospect, along with maybe dinucci shows promise.

Brady would inspire other players and give them confidence, and he is probably the smartest QB playing now.

I think that would have been the smart move but jones boys want to pay dak and commit to him for next 4-8 years, like they think they cant do any better than dak.

Dak isnt a bad qb, he just isnt great, and for less money they could have had a 5 time SB winner

But all this said he might not have wanted to play here I dont know, but the bad thing is the jones boys
didnt even talk to him.

I think that if dak were let go now, no other team would sign him for more than 28 mil,
Other teams might sign him for way less money as a possible starter if their guy doesnt play well.

Nah, Dak wasn't the reason for the playoff losses, it was defense failing and Garrett as coach.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what happens if / when Brady fails in TB? By that, even one and done in the playoffs is failure. I mean if they hold that against Dak, it needs to be held against any QB.

Will anyone come on here and admit they were wrong and that Dak was the better option over Tom.
Or will they blame the coaching, saying Tom would have succeeded here?

:muttley:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what happens if / when Brady fails in TB? By that, even one and done in the playoffs is failure. I mean if they hold that against Dak, it needs to be held against any QB.

Will anyone come on here and admit they were wrong and that Dak was the better option over Tom.

No they won't. Most of them couldn't find their arse with both hands.

Brax

Reaction score

didnt even talk to him.

First Brady is a six time SB winning QB and 9 time SB starting QB, there is one reason He is not in Dallas, it is about who would get the credit for the SB, most would say Brady and that just wouldn't do in Jerryland. This is all about Jerry and nothing else matters, either Jerry gets all the credit or nothing and you see the last 20 odd years of nothing and how Jerry's ego has managed this team. 9 time SB QB or good to average Dak, doesn't seem to be much of a choice with the weapons Dallas has, who wouldn't take a shot with Brady if the SB is the real objective. Three time league MVP , nine Super bowls, six Super Bowl wins, and four time Super Bowl MVP, yeah lets pick Dak because he's so much better. some say $13 million better.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Well if tom came here the situation players coaching would be different.
So you really cant compare the 2 scenarios except loosely .
If tom looks bad in TB I would admit to being wrong, sure.
I think he will do well there and get them in playoffs this year. If they do that then 1 and done would be a failure of sorts. depending on who
they play.
If they had to play SF and lost close game then not so bad as losing to minn.

So if TB winds up in nfc champ game, and dallas is knocked out in wc or div round would you say I was right?
Brady hasnt had a decent offensive unit in years, and dallas is loaded. I think he would have done good here, and yes a SB appearance at least.
Be fun to see how it all works out.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
First Brady is a six time SB winning QB and 9 time SB starting QB, there is one reason He is not in Dallas, it is about who would get the credit for the SB, most would say Brady and that just wouldn't do in Jerryland. This is all about Jerry and nothing else matters, either Jerry gets all the credit or nothing and you see the last 20 odd years of nothing and how Jerry's ego has managed this team. 9 time SB QB or good to average Dak, doesn't seem to be much of a choice with the weapons Dallas has, who wouldn't take a shot with Brady if the SB is the real objective. Three time league MVP , nine Super bowls, six Super Bowl wins, and four time Super Bowl MVP, yeah lets pick Dak because he's so much better. some say $13 million better.
good point, Dak is a jones draft and discovery, and brady would get a lot of credit if he came here and then boom they won.
But so would jerry for bringing him here.

I think the jones boys think dak is best qb in nfl aside from mahomes. That is why they want to keep him.Plus he is their find,
and they think they can have their own brady in dak lol.
Brady is a coach on the field, and has so much experience, and Dak has little playoff experience, no champ or SB experience,
and just knows what he needs to know to play qb.

It would have been fun to see brady qb this team, but oh well we can watch dak struggle and be up and down.
I think dallas should make playoffs, after that I dont know.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

31 other teams and their owners weren't dumping their QB's to get Brady either. NE did not even want to keep him.
He is done, or soon will be. You just want to get a jab in at Jerry, which has nothing to do with this.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Brady don’t have the zip or arm strength he once had but he can still hit the receivers in perfect stride.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Good to average Dak? Let the Dak hate go. He isn't the problem. It's been the coaching, the defense not doing their job (worst in turnovers) and the terrible special teams.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

didnt even talk to him.

Some might be bashing your idea. But deep down they know if Brady would have came here and brought Gronk with him, they would've had no problem with that.

With Brady, Gronk and the draft we just had, we'd be penciled into the NFCCG right now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some might be bashing your idea. But deep down they know if Brady would have came here and brought Gronk with him, they would've had no problem with that.

With Brady, Gronk and the draft we just had, we'd be penciled into the NFCCG right now.

I don't think TB is penciled in the NFCCG right now either.
But yes Dallas would be is that had happened, because it gets clicks and ratings if not for anything else.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Dak has a new weapon in Lamb. Don't need Brady or Gronk. Our offense is loaded.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

I will. Go ahead and screenshot the post - if Brady falls flat on his face in Tampa, I will come back and admit that I was wrong.

But I’m not wrong. Tampa will be in the NFCCG this year, and I’ll equally remind everyone that it could have been Dallas.

Now, if we get to July 15 without a long term deal but when Dak, even though he knows that we can’t sign a long term deal after that date, decides to hold out and not sign his tender until Sep 12, what will you say?

When he holds out two additional months, doesn’t learn the playbook, and puts himself over team, while Brady lights up the league, will you admit that you were wrong?

Or will you blame it all on scapegoat Jerry Jones?

DandyDon52

Reaction score

yeah I think they would have made that game and to the SB.
Many like dak better than brady, for 2 reasons.
1. dak is young brady is older
2. they dont like NE or Brady period.
now on # 2 with brady I said 2 years, I think he has that , and the team would have had 2 years to draft a new qb, and dinucci might be good too.
with dak your committing big money and 4-8 years with the same guy , who many feel isnt all that good.