Just for fun -- which CZ member would you appoint Cowboys GM?

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes, I know. This won't happen, but what if it could? What if you could choose from any of the posters here at CZ to make the Cowboys GM? Whom would you choose? For me it's a pretty ease choice. It's:
bobhaze

His posts always demonstrate a high level of knowledge of the game and the business behind it. IMO he would give us the best chance to win a championship of any of the CZ posters.

Your turn. Whom would you pick?
I think you are drinking.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Me mum, R.I.P, would look down from Heaven and tell me "You're going to burn that B down, aren't you?" and I would look up at her, reverentially and with a halo around my heart and reply "Yes. Yes, I GD'd am".

Oh. Such a nice story, whimsical chap.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah his first order of business would be the picture on the cover of the Cowboys media guide.

DPDnhldU8AAnfgB.0.jpg

such happy lads.:)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Truth! I appreciate the votes of confidence here but I am completely unqualified to be an NFL GM and know it. Now if my name was Jones...

But if we’re talking one of our members here as GM give me Couch Coach or Risen. Even if they suck we will at least have some laughs. Coach could probably get away with insulting Jerry, hidden in some of his humor. Risen would last because JJ would never catch his sarcasm. Either would put on a press conference to remember.

Risen would call for an open street battle with Jerry and his goons on day 1. Blood would be spilt. Winner rules the cowboys. So, maybe he would never have to co-exist with Jerry.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yes, I know. This won't happen, but what if it could? What if you could choose from any of the posters here at CZ to make the Cowboys GM? Whom would you choose? For me it's a pretty ease choice. It's:
bobhaze

His posts always demonstrate a high level of knowledge of the game and the business behind it. IMO he would give us the best chance to win a championship of any of the CZ posters.

Your turn. Whom would you pick?

Myself.

At least if things are screwed up I'll only have myself to blame. @Bobhaze can do weekly breakdowns of my shortcomings. I'll take it as friendly advice.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I'd choose myself as GM. Not because I think I'm better than you.
Rather because I know I'd cut Jaylon Smith as my first act of power.
And I just can't trust any of you to have the nerve.

@Risen Star would "officially" be Team President. A number of assignments
shall remain as a need to know basis. Secret Ops and contract signatures.
@Melonfeud would be the PR guy, imagine the Dallas media using decoder rings
to decipher Melon in a Zoom conference... lol
@Ranching would receive a guaranteed 10 year contract , the press conferences
alone will be worth the contract. Also, he'd be in charge of beers for the team parties.
Why cut him? Thats a lazy GM's decision. Trade him for a lower round pick at least. 4th or 5th, maybe.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Why cut him? Thats a lazy GM's decision. Trade him for a lower round pick at least. 4th or 5th, maybe.

I made the assumption that 31 GMs "watched the tape" and wouldn't give up
a bag of chips for the fraud that he is on the field. In hopes of working with these
guys on future trades, I don't want to insult their intelligence.

Plus, imagine the message it sends to the team. The watch the tape too.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
McClay is so under appreciated and behind the scenes.
my problem with him is picking defense in draft. 15 years of drafting by the cowboys, 44 picks and we had one player of impact, Lawrence. until McClay shows he can pick defense, I am not annointing him anything.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
forgot your meds today? :rolleyes:

Let's see..

Cowboyszone told me Garrett was next Landry... I was Anti Garrett..

Cowboyszone told me Andy Reid was too pass happy. I wanted him the day he was fired.

Cowboyszone told me Brady was finished.. I wanted to go all in on Brady & FA.

I hated the McCarthy hire and would've gone all in on Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer.

I was ok with drafting Zeke but would've drafted Ramsey. CZ hated Ramsey because he didn't get enough INT's in college.

I had Josh Allen as #1 QB in his class. CZ hated him because of his completion percentage and liked Baker and Darnold better.

Have I been wrong time to time? Sure.. Everyone is. But i'm ridiculously right more times then not and I feel like most fans still look at football from a 1990's perspective when the game has dramatically changed in recent years with the salary cap and Anti-Defense rules.