Just something I was thinking about

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So, the Glazers bought Manchester United in 2003 (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glazer_ownership_of_Manchester_United), and they also own the Buccaneers. Man U (who lost to my Cherries haha) is a very wealthy club. The San Francisco 49ers own 10% of Leeds United (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_United_F.C.). Khan, who owns the Jaguars, of course owns rubbish Fulham. The Seahawks chap owns a big amount of the Seattle Sounders in the MLS. Kraft owns New England Revolution. English football is quite lucrative.

So, my question is this. Am I the only one who thinks Jerry and/or Stephen will likely end up buying a football club like Tottenham Hotspur? With the NFL wanting business in London, I think it would be a total Jerry move to buy a football club in London. I'd actually not mind him owning my Cherries, but I doubt he'd be interested in a small town like Bournemouth. London is very much marketable for him. So, what's say you all? Think Jerry might have a go at owning a London club?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
In fact! I could see Jerry attempting to buy Arsenal. They have become a bit of a laughing stock, and could really use a change in ownership. They are a massive club in North London. I think Jerry really might fancy a go at the Gunners.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He could. He always lending out Jerry World when international teams come to the US to play especially Mexico. Jerry is no dummy and knows how to make money.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He could. He always lending out Jerry World when international teams come to the US to play especially Mexico. Jerry is no dummy and knows how to make money.

Exactly, and that's the other thing. Why not have some Premier League matches played AT ATT stadium? If he owns, say, Tottenham, then he will have a big London club. If the NFL is going to force-feed NFL games in London, then why not have games here in the US and show what real football looks like? Obviously, the EPL can't have a club in the US, but why not use it to scrap the MLS and show how to make a better league?

Besides, Tottenham vs Chelsea with Tottenham hosting, as Jerry in this scenario would own them (though, I could see Jerry buying Chelsea in all honesty with how big of a name they are and may need a new stadium at some point and Jerry loves that sort of thing) would draw MASSIVE crowds to ATT Stadium. Jerry would be BRILLIANT to do that. And do that match just before an international break to give the teams time to recover. Jerry would be able to buy a yacht off of the Southampton harbour with the money he'd make on that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And actually, sorry Chelsea supporters. I like Chelsea when they're not playing Bournemouth or Leicester City, but I could VERY easily see Jerry buying Chelsea if he does try to enter the Premier League as an owner.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I could see Jerry doing this and since Chelsea has Pulisic he would market him here in the US. The only thing I see that could be a problem is Chelsea I think is owned by a Russian tycoon who will probably not sell.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I could see Jerry doing this and since Chelsea has Pulisic he would market him here in the US. The only thing I see that could be a problem is Chelsea I think is owned by a Russian tycoon who will probably not sell.

They are owned by a Russian tycoon so that may be an issue. If there's one person that can change his mind though, it's Jerry. Though, Tottenham or maybe Man City is more doable.