Just when we thought the secondary was the strongest in years

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
From 50,000 watts of fair play, justice and the Armenian Way of Life, Air Cowboys America from Farmers Branch, where we cling to the 1950 and are goddarned proud of it.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Newman is on the way to surgery.

RW is coming off an injury.

The Puritan Commish is still deciding about PacMan.

On the other hand, Scandrick, Watkins and Jenkins will get more time.
And I say, with Ariz. coming up, it's the best time to see our young bloods.
It might get rocky, but when all the veterans come back at least we'll have some seasoned rookies and young'uns.

Anybody think Leinert/Warner will pick up on this and go full-throttle on the passing game?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2326411 said:
From 50,000 watts of fair play, justice and the Armenian Way of Life, Air Cowboys America from Farmers Branch, where we cling to the 1950 and are goddarned proud of it.

It might get rocky, but when all the veterans come back at least we'll have some seasoned rookies and young'uns.

Anybody think Leinert/Warner will pick up on this and go full-throttle on the passing game?

Warner should have a big statistical game, but I think Romo will have an equally as good game and pull out the W.

Henry and Pacman are still in the lineup, so things haven't changed as much as it seems. I think we'll continue to get better in our secondary, but not this week.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be nice to see the front 7 apply more consistent pressure on the QB during our troubled 2ndary times.

Boysboy

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2326411 said:

We need more pass rushers. Outside of Zach and Ware, our LBs are pretty slow, which is probably why Wade doesn't dial up alot of blitzes.

Blame Brian all you want, but even Dom Capers would be running the same scheme here.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Newman has hands of stone n is always injuried. Pacman ftw imo iirc fwiw lol nttawwt ttyl bbq.

mcleod55

Reaction score
Warner can still throw the ball about as good as anybody. He'll be a test for us.

cardsfanmd

Reaction score
Why all the hate for Warner on this board?? Gotta give the man props IMO, when is the last time a 38yr old was the #1 rated passer in the league?

Boysboy

Reaction score
cardsfanmd;2326575 said:
Or it could be a lot worse, and you guys could have the card's secondary.:mad:

How has Rod Hood been doing? When he was in Philly, he was their nickel back. Not only was he a darn good one, but when Lito was injured, he filled in nicely.

When he became a FA in '07, I was hoping we could have nabbed him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cardsfanmd;2326577 said:
Why all the hate for Warner on this board?? Gotta give the man props IMO, when is the last time a 38yr old was the #1 rated passer in the league?

I have nothing against Warner other than he plays the Cowboys this week.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cardsfanmd;2326577 said:

I never hated the guy-but my perceptions are that he's the Britney Spears of the NFL. He had like 3 Hall of Fame seasons in St. Louis-it seemed like he could just do NO wrong. Then the fan hit the ceiling after they lost to the Pats in the Super Bowl, and he just hasn't been the same since. He showed flashes of brilliance when he was a Giant, but once he stank it up was when the Eli era began.

When I lived in New Orleans, I got to watch alot of Rams games b/c they and the Saints were in the old NFCW. Not only the Rams O, but he too was alot of fun to watch.

cardsfanmd

Reaction score
Boysboy;2326578 said:
How has Rod Hood been doing? When he was in Philly, he was their nickel back. Not only was he a darn good one, but when Lito was injured, he filled in nicely.

When he became a FA in '07, I was hoping we could have nabbed him.
He's been a great pickup. Not spectacular, but very steady. last year he actually ended up being a top 5 NFC CB statwise. Ideally, we would like to see our #1 pick from this year's draft move into the #1 spot, but I guess the team knew he was developmental when they took him. Personally, I wanted Jonathan Stewart or Felix Jones w/ that pick, but what can ya do?

Hood is hurt this week, but supposedly is gonna give it a go. Our #2 CB (Eric Green) is a good nickelback, but shouldn't be starting IMO and he is banged up as well. TO and Co. should have a pleasant afternoon statwise.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I don't care how good anyone thinks their team is, it all comes down to any given Sunday. Personally, I hope the Commanders lose to the winless Rams. Partly because I hate the Deadskins, but mainly because we got the Rams next week and you never want to have the misfortune of being that first potential cherry popper.

Good luck tomorrow, and may the best team win.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cardsfanmd;2326585 said:
He's been a great pickup. Not spectacular, but very steady. last year he actually ended up being a top 5 NFC CB statwise. Ideally, we would like to see our #1 pick from this year's draft move into the #1 spot, but I guess the team knew he was developmental when they took him. Personally, I wanted Jonathan Stewart or Felix Jones w/ that pick, but what can ya do?

Hood is hurt this week, but supposedly is gonna give it a go. Our #2 CB (Eric Green) is a good nickelback, but shouldn't be starting IMO and he is banged up as well. TO and Co. should have a pleasant afternoon statwise.

Honestly-I try to stray away from the injury list.(if anything, I pay more attention to our's).

Ultimately-the better teams in this league know how to bond together and play through their injuries, as they're able to get other guys to step up. Look at the Colts in the Dungy era-their injury lists were sometimes a mile long, but they continued to get the job done on a weekly basis(except for this year, of course).

Plus every team has their injury problems, so in the end, it all evens out.