Justin Houston $12m per year (Tank related)

Verdict

Reaction score
Justin Houston is no slouch, or at least he hasn't been and he has reportedly signed for $12m per year avg. That's meager compared to the $23m per year average that has been thrown around for Tank.

That makes $18m per year on Tank look more than reasonable. Any thoughts on this?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Justin Houston is no slouch, or at least he hasn't been and he has reportedly signed for $12m per year avg. That's meager compared to the $23m per year average that has been thrown around for Tank.

That makes $18m per year on Tank look more than reasonable. Any thoughts on this?

$18M is a pipe dream. That’s about what Dee Ford got. Tank’s a much better player.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you pay him $23m?

I think the deal ends up being $22M. I don’t like that number. I’d consider overpaying him if we put the rest of the team around him. We’re in position to make a run next season.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Tank is never going to sniff 23M a year in Dallas. It's never going to happen and it shouldn't. No player on this roster is worth crippling the franchise for.

If he wants that much and won't budge, I'd have no problem moving him.

That said, I would do everything possible in my power, were I in power, to get a deal done. Not because I think he's some generational talent, but because I think this team needs to reaclimate itself to big contracts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys should have offered Houston 13M per and then they could trade DLaw.

ghst187

Reaction score
I thought tank tweeted he wanted 20, which IMO we should’ve had a contract in his hand that same day. 23 would make him the top or top 3 defensive player contracts in the league which is a big stretch.

JBond

Reaction score
The Cowboys should have offered Houston 13M per and then they could trade DLaw.
Dallas needs to learn the the KC mistake. They signed Houston to a mega deal after a couple really good seasons, despite injury issues. He didn't live up to a quarter of the contract he was given. Always injured.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Tank will get at least $20 million which I believe is what he’s tagged for.

I know this won’t be the popular opinion, but if it’s going higer I’m seeing what kind of picks I can get in a trade and signing Quinn immediately for half the cost.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tank will get at least $20 million which I believe is what he’s tagged for.

I know this won’t be the popular opinion, but if it’s going higer I’m seeing what kind of picks I can get in a trade and signing Quinn immediately for half the cost.

I'd be happy with this. I like DLaw, but no way am I paying $23 mil for him if I'm the FO. I'd trade him and see what picks we can get too. If we can manage to get a first, then we should be able to get a top dlineman to replace him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas needs to learn the the KC mistake. They signed Houston to a mega deal after a couple really good seasons, despite injury issues. He didn't live up to a quarter of the contract he was given. Always injured.
He played 5 games in 2016.

Otherwise he played 11 in 2015 but still had 7.5 sacks and 2 INTs. He played more than 11 games in other seasons.

DLaw has had 2 back surgeries and now is moronically not getting the shoulder surgery until he gets a new contract. He is a significant risk in regards to a mega-contract.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'd be happy with this. I like DLaw, but no way am I paying $23 mil for him if I'm the FO. I'd trade him and see what picks we can get too. If we can manage to get a first, then we should be able to get a top dlineman to replace him.

You really going to worry about a $3 mil difference?