News: K Richard: Run issues have been addressed

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ok.......
BTW......why is this piece is calling him defensive coor?
Kris Richard: Run defense issues have been addressed
Posted by Josh Alper on October 11, 2019, 7:58 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...chard-run-defense-issues-have-been-addressed/
The Cowboys did something against the Packers last week that they’ve never done before.

They allowed running back Aaron Jones to become the first opposing player to run for four touchdowns against them in a single game. They did better in terms of overall rushing yards allowed and the team ranks in the middle of the pack in run defense over the entire season, but defensive coordinator Kris Richard said that shoring up the run defense was still a priority this week.

Proof

Reaction score
Ok.......

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...chard-run-defense-issues-have-been-addressed/
The Cowboys did something against the Packers last week that they’ve never done before.

They allowed running back Aaron Jones to become the first opposing player to run for four touchdowns against them in a single game. They did better in terms of overall rushing yards allowed and the team ranks in the middle of the pack in run defense over the entire season, but defensive coordinator Kris Richard said that shoring up the run defense was still a priority this week.

LeVeon is a solid test. Let’s see the results

Oops tee-hee

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cp-IC7US_400x400.jpg

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Isn't it outstanding when a coach or a player addresses a problem AFTER the fact rather than BEFORE it? I would honestly like to know why are these glaring issues NOT addressed before hand? Richard, did you honestly think the run problems were OK before the Green Bay game? Did the coaches think the run defense was good going into this season? I just wish players and coaches would stop placating the media and fans and would speak freely. Stop insulting us with lame statements such as:

"We will watch the tape and get better"
"We will learn from this"
Or my personal fav Dakism:
"This was good for us" Referring to the loss. as if they need a loss to do their job or play 100%.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok.......
BTW......why is this piece is calling him defensive coor?

The headline is a little misleading in that it can be interpreted as if the run defenses issues have been fixed, and Richard just says that it is a priority to work on.

Zordon

Reaction score
Isn't it outstanding when a coach or a player addresses a problem AFTER the fact rather than BEFORE it? I would honestly like to know why are these glaring issues NOT addressed before hand? Richard, did you honestly think the run problems were OK before the Green Bay game? Did the coaches think the run defense was good going into this season? I just wish players and coaches would stop placating the media and fans and would speak freely. Stop insulting us with lame statements such as:

"We will watch the tape and get better"
"We will learn from this"
Or my personal fav Dakism:
"This was good for us" Referring to the loss. as if they need a loss to do their job or play 100%.
If you watch the video I posted above many of his answers are about reacting to the other team. This team doesn't seem to be proactively scheming against the other teams weaknesses and trying to mitigate our weaknesses at all.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
The headline is a little misleading in that it can be interpreted as if the run defenses issues have been fixed, and Richard just says that it is a priority to work on.
Correct. Horrendously late though don't ya think? Where was this talk during training camp or pre season?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
If you watch the video I posted above many of his answers are about reacting to the other team. This team doesn't seem to be proactively scheming against the other teams weaknesses and our weaknesses at all.
Obviously. They only REACT. Listen to players pressers, everything is we will get better and learn from this as if they have never learned from previous butt kickings. It just gets old fast.