News: K Richard: Run issues have been addressed

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Run issues have been addressed? Perfect. Great. OK thanks. Now that we got that outta the way - should be good to go. :rolleyes:
What we really need now is a missed game winning FG against the Jets, give the run D a break.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Isn't it outstanding when a coach or a player addresses a problem AFTER the fact rather than BEFORE it? I would honestly like to know why are these glaring issues NOT addressed before hand? Richard, did you honestly think the run problems were OK before the Green Bay game? Did the coaches think the run defense was good going into this season? I just wish players and coaches would stop placating the media and fans and would speak freely. Stop insulting us with lame statements such as:

"We will watch the tape and get better"
"We will learn from this"
Or my personal fav Dakism:
"This was good for us" Referring to the loss. as if they need a loss to do their job or play 100%.

So what exactly did they do besides say "its been addressed?" Is there a whole new set of players from last week to this week?

CoachD

Reaction score
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm don't you have another middle school to peruse for dates? Go back over there!!!!!

When the owner/moderator has to come over to another Cowboys message board, it just goes to show you how much of a failure their site is!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The headline is a little misleading in that it can be interpreted as if the run defenses issues have been fixed, and Richard just says that it is a priority to work on.
Yeah, I was looking to see what they did to resolve the issue.

Reaction score
This team has been "reactive" instead of "proactive" for years. They'll win a couple games against inferior teams and start feeling better about themselves and then they'll get exposed again by a good team. SOS different year...
This.

This is what we get in the Jason Garrett era. The Jason Garrett years in a nutshell.

Proof

Reaction score
Not behind that O line he’s not. He’s averaging 2.9 ypc and has less than 210 total yards. That’s pathetic.

mid imagine darnold under center helps somewhat, but good point.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
People are harping on the DTs, but the bigger issue IMO is the LBs. This is a defense designed to let them flow to the ball, and both of them have sucked at that so far. With LVE, at least we now have an explanation. I still suspect Jaylon is hurt as well.

If both of them are healthy, I bet our run defense tightens up very quickly, even with no changes to the DTs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People are harping on the DTs, but the bigger issue IMO is the LBs. This is a defense designed to let them flow to the ball, and both of them have sucked at that so far. With LVE, at least we now have an explanation. I still suspect Jaylon is hurt as well.

If both of them are healthy, I bet our run defense tightens up very quickly, even with no changes to the DTs.

It's both really and should include scheme. All 3 contributed to allow jones to have 10 runs of 5+ yards and allowed 4 running TD's. Too worried about rodgers

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kris Richard: Run defense issues have been addressed
giphy.gif

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Well, that is a relief.

Just like that.

Back to the Super Bowl for us.

Alexander

Reaction score
I was listening to his media session yesterday. Idk he doesn't come off very convincing to me. Seems like another rah rah guy who doesn't understand that the other team is scheming his unit to death.

People still forget that Pete Carroll didn't want him back for a reason.

kskboys

Reaction score
My feeling? This coming from the wuss who banned cern and I permanently because we put him in his place each and every time! Him and that other lowlife starbarf!
I never banned Cern, and I'm pretty sure I didn't ban you.

Alexander

Reaction score
The headline is a little misleading in that it can be interpreted as if the run defenses issues have been fixed, and Richard just says that it is a priority to work on.
It should have been a priority since the Rams ran all over us with a fat guy who is not even in the league anymore.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Ok.......
BTW......why is this piece is calling him defensive coor?
Kris Richard: Run defense issues have been addressed
Posted by Josh Alper on October 11, 2019, 7:58 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...chard-run-defense-issues-have-been-addressed/
The Cowboys did something against the Packers last week that they’ve never done before.

They allowed running back Aaron Jones to become the first opposing player to run for four touchdowns against them in a single game. They did better in terms of overall rushing yards allowed and the team ranks in the middle of the pack in run defense over the entire season, but defensive coordinator Kris Richard said that shoring up the run defense was still a priority this week.
Blah, blah, blah - lip service. Watch us get gashed for 200+ yds in a week or two. This entire staff needs to be sent packing to Siberia.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Isn't it outstanding when a coach or a player addresses a problem AFTER the fact rather than BEFORE it? I would honestly like to know why are these glaring issues NOT addressed before hand? Richard, did you honestly think the run problems were OK before the Green Bay game? Did the coaches think the run defense was good going into this season? I just wish players and coaches would stop placating the media and fans and would speak freely. Stop insulting us with lame statements such as:

"We will watch the tape and get better"
"We will learn from this"
Or my personal fav Dakism:
"This was good for us" Referring to the loss. as if they need a loss to do their job or play 100%.
Shut up and prove on the field, Eagles game would be a huge test

Silly

Reaction score
“We have men of great character and when we have an issue, we bring them in and we show them and everybody has an understanding of what we need to do,” Richard said

It would be nice if they could fix issues during an actual game. The coaches might as well just sit out in the parking lot and drink beer during the game. They'll fix it next week....