News: K Richard: Run issues have been addressed

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Ok.......
BTW......why is this piece is calling him defensive coor?
Kris Richard: Run defense issues have been addressed
Posted by Josh Alper on October 11, 2019, 7:58 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...chard-run-defense-issues-have-been-addressed/
The Cowboys did something against the Packers last week that they’ve never done before.

They allowed running back Aaron Jones to become the first opposing player to run for four touchdowns against them in a single game. They did better in terms of overall rushing yards allowed and the team ranks in the middle of the pack in run defense over the entire season, but defensive coordinator Kris Richard said that shoring up the run defense was still a priority this week.
This article, or whatever it is tells me jack squat! Both our trenches are poor. We are no longer the best O-line in football. We have never been considered the best D-line since the early and mid 90’s.

Either we fix this like we did during last year’s “regular season” 3-5 start, or we continue to allow a couch potato RB from the Rams during the divisional playoffs, or no names from the Packers continually dismantle us!

Now we have one of the best RBs, LeVeon Bell on the docket.

Fix it!!!

Proof

Reaction score
If you watch the video I posted above many of his answers are about reacting to the other team. This team doesn't seem to be proactively scheming against the other teams weaknesses and trying to mitigate our weaknesses at all.

I'd imagine they didn't view the packers running attack as a strength, but after being exploited have to address the issue

links18

Reaction score
has the one technique been the problem though? I don't really think it has been. Woods should help but I don't think that its been a nose tackle issue.

I don't know. I have read some musings here and there about Covington not being particularly strong against the run.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Obviously. They only REACT. Listen to players pressers, everything is we will get better and learn from this as if they have never learned from previous butt kickings. It just gets old fast.

And sometimes it takes 'em a little while to react..

Chaz Green Atlanta cough cough.

aria

Reaction score
mid imagine darnold under center helps somewhat, but good point.
I’m sure he’ll help a bit but he was very inconsistent last year, played one game this year in which he had a ~41 QBR IIRC and couldn’t have been training or practicing much over the past month. I don’t see how he’ll be that effective. Plus they’re best TE is out with an injury and Moseley is out. Their O line has also allowed the most sacks this season.

I just don’t see any threat in this game whatsoever. This biggest threat is the fans and team itself getting too high on themselves after stomping another 0 win team. Gotta keep things in perspective.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I was listening to his media session yesterday. Idk he doesn't come off very convincing to me. Seems like another rah rah guy who doesn't understand that the other team is scheming his unit to death.

Not enough high school coach cliche for my taste. Needs about 3 more.

CoachD

Reaction score
Was this your intent in joining this forum?

If not, it sure looks that way.

And if that's the case, and this is what's to be expected from you, I think your stay here will be a brief one.

:thumbdown:

Do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut this is none of your business!

CoachD

Reaction score
I never banned Cern, and I'm pretty sure I didn't ban you.

I'm sure you had a lot to do with it otherwise we wouldn't have been banned! No need to lie about it we're done with you anyway and that lame *** site. Cern and I were the only two that kept you in business since we were the only two that posted there lol!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No, I don't think I'll do that. Enjoy your all too short stay here. I hope you achieved your goal of starting trouble before you get bounced.

giphy.gif

CoachD

Reaction score
No, I don't think I'll do that. Enjoy your all too short stay here. I hope you achieved your goal of starting trouble before you get bounced.

giphy.gif

unless you're someone of importance I recommend you back off!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Marinelli has to get this D-Line getting pressure and keeping these LB clean to fill the gaps and get the rb.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO, I can't see any reason why ksk might have given you a timeout.

Best not to bring old feuds in here but it happens, some of my more admiring "fans" made it over as well. I can't imagine ksk giving cern the forever boot but things got testy there toward the end but not with the longtime mods. They were as uncomfortable as we were right before it shut down.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
unless you're someone of importance I recommend you back off!

Not happening. This forum doesn't accept the trouble you're intent on starting. And I'll do my best to make sure it's noticed.

Take it somewhere else.