Kafka is my choice

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Three big reasons in no particular

1) Andy Reid tree may be the most successful tree currently in the NFL.

2) Mahomes developed staggeringly fast.

3) Would likely signal a change in offensive philosophy. I dont think they would waste time hiring a guy from a WCO tree just to have him run our current system

conner01

Reaction score
I love Reid’s system
Karla doesn’t have much experience but does come from a good system
I like the guy who left KC to go to the bills
Culley got a lot out of Taylor, worked with Reid for years and has lots of experience

ghst187

Reaction score

3) Would likely signal a change in offensive philosophy. I dont think they would waste time hiring a guy from a WCO tree just to have him run our current system

I don’t know him but you sold me with Andy Reid. He’s been an under appreciated offensive and QB genius for a long time. Donovan Mcnabb would’ve been a bust without Reid.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Not that I disagree overall, but on #2, Mahomes has been a super stud since he took over for Davis Webb at Texas Tech.

He was unfairly labeled a “system QB ” coming out of Tech, but he’s had the intelligence, cannon and improvisational skills forever.

Reid was smart enough to see the talent in Mahomes, let him sit for a year and then let him do his thing.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have no problem with this,the present offense just doesnt work for us but not sure Jerry will go far.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not that I disagree overall, but on #2, Mahomes has been a super stud since he took over for Davis Webb at Texas Tech.

He was unfairly labeled a “system QB ” coming out of Tech, but he’s had the intelligence, cannon and improvisational skills forever.

Reid was smart enough to see the talent in Mahomes, let him sit for a year and then let him do his thing.

Andy Reid has trotted out a lot of bad QBs and has gotten quality production from them.

Imo, I think Kyle Shannahans offense is what would be best for our current group of players which is why I think they should’ve been aggressive with Kubiak.

I just can’t help but think how well Zeke would be in a McVay offense that disguises who has the ball so well too.

Just about anything is better then sticking with what we do. Our offensive designs our bottom of the barrel.

links18

Reaction score
I'd hate for him to come to Dallas and find himself in a Kafkaesque situation.

rags747

Reaction score

Actually Dorsey is usually the one given the credit for Mahomes although Im sure Andy was onboard as well. Dorsey also picked Mayfield with the Browns, he has become somewhat of a Quarterback whisperer...

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Actually Dorsey is usually the one given the credit for Mahomes although Im sure Andy was onboard as well. Dorsey also picked Mayfield with the Browns, he has become somewhat of a Quarterback whisperer...

Again, Mahomes was a stud LONG BEFORE he arrived in Kansas City.

Mayfield left Tech, because he knew he couldn’t beat out Pat. Davis Webb (drafted by the Giants in the third round) also left Tech, because he knew he couldn’t beat out Pat.

So, if you consider Mahomes, Mayfield, Manziel (at A&M), Keenum (at Houston), Kliff Kingsbury is the actual QB whisperer.

erod

Reaction score
Kafka was a worse nfl quarterback than both Garrett and Moore. I thought that mattered to so many fans? Lol, it doesn't matter at all.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Mahommes is a special talent
I do give them credit for the system around him
But it’s his skills that make it work

His ability to look straight ahead and deliver an on target pass to the side is unbelievable.... DB's don't know where he is going to throw....

Zman5

Reaction score
Get a WCO guy here(Reid's tree, Shanahan's tree) and Dak has a chance to have a McNabb like career.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He only has one season coaching players. He had one year as a quality control coach, but that role does research for other coaches (game films, tracking tendencies etc), so 2018 as the QB coach is the entirety of his background being directly in charge of players.