Karl Malone is a (rhymes with "witch")

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
First of all, the guy was no more "on the court" than Jack Nicholson is every night, so I guess they should lock him up as well. Second, I saw it happen on TV, and there was no indication the guy "spit" on Malone. Last, Malone clearly pokes the guy in the face. What a baby Malone is. Can't stand the guy.

Fan Complains Malone Poked Him in Face

By JOHN NADEL, AP Sports Writer

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - A fan's allegation that Lakers' forward Karl Malone poked him in the face before Game 3 of the NBA Final was being investigated by police Friday.

Asked whether the confrontation occurred, Auburn Hills police Lt. James Manning said, "It's on tape on national TV."

The man was at the edge of the court during Los Angeles' layup drill before Thursday night's game, won by the Detroit Pistons (news) 88-68.

"To me, he was really out of line," Malone said Friday. "Just because you buy a ticket doesn't mean you should be able to get on the court and degrade somebody."

Malone, a 19-year NBA veteran and the league's second-leading career scorer, said the fan had obviously been drinking and spit in his face while heckling him.

Malone jabbed his right index finger toward the man. As to whether he made contact, Malone said, "Maybe I did, but he was in my playing field."

"He was on the court. Where was the security in the arena?" he said.

The unidentified man complained to the Auburn Hills police.

"At this time, the investigation is going on and we are not releasing any information about the case," Manning said.

Manning declined to comment further and said police would release more information Monday.

Manning said police have talked to the fan and that "he is a complainant in the case."

"Maybe he wanted to beat me to the draw. Who knows?" Malone said. "I'm not going to let a guy spit on me, I'm not going to take that. I've never had that happen before."

Malone also said fans have harassed the Lakers at their hotel in nearby Birmingham.

"They did it all night long until the cops came," Malone said.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
How can he say that he was on the court? He clearly wasn't. So the fan said something....so what? They are in DETROIT....no LA. Has Malone, in all of his years in the NBA, never played in Philly? I'm 100% positive that they said worse than whatever it could possibly be that this guy said.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Let me make this clear: I can't stand Karl Malone. I think he's a dirty player and he has wronged my Spurs many times over the years. But I really have no problem with him taking it back to an obnoxious fan. Let's be real here. No one likes a puss who can heckle you 24/7 and then hide behind the shield of "fandom." I think that drunk fan got what he deserved. He was being an *** and got served. I'd probably do the same thing if I was Malone, especially if the fan spit on me.